Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

BUYER BEWARE- forum member "Iced" [Plus input -forum buyer from ebay]

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 08:49 PM
howdigethere
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts
Default BUYER BEWARE- forum member "Iced" [Plus input -forum buyer from ebay]

Hey guys, just a heads up- I purchased a set of this guys "20 Carbon flash lug nuts" a couple of weeks ago. They were advertised as brand new and powder coated. The day after I sent payment (paypal- send funds as "friend" instead of as an item so he wouldnt have to pay the paypal fee"- I realized i already had this set on my car (I thought he was selling OEM units- that was my fault). I reached out but the items was already mailed, so I said no biggie- i'll just resell them......

The package arrives- and I DO NOT OPEN THE BOX. I simply posted it on the forums and put it on ebay- advertised exactly as he did (as brand new lug nuts). I assumed (my mistake) that I wouldnt need to open the box to confirm anything- because I was buying from a forum member.

Here's his original thread.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...bon-flash.html

Like I said, I didnt even open the package. Buyer beware.
I put em on ebay- get them sold, and the buyer sends me a pissed off message- with pictures, showing chips on the lug nuts, and RUST. Clearly these were not new lug nuts. The reason i'm writing this post is not because of the $49. Instead its because I trusted a fellow member, and it literally caused my perfect ebay rating of 100% since 2001 to be blemished- that's what I really care about, and I can't turn that around. The buyer already left negative feedback, not to mention cursed me out.

Giving you guys a heads up. Here are pictures fyi.

I reached out to him today and he said some nonsense about an impact gun being used on them, and that "any metal rusts when water is put on it".
Long story short, something small like this literally ruined a perfect ebay track record i had for almost 20 years.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:30 PM
jimijam
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 582 Posts

You know, someone is going to paste a "buyer beware - howdidigethere" thread because you sold used parts as brand new.

Last edited by jimijam; 05-21-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:18 PM
FiberGlassKid
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Just call E bay and explain it to them and they might fix your feedback.......
Old 05-18-2019, 10:57 PM
Soneat
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I don’t want to victim blame here, but by selling a box you never opened, you don’t have 100% guarantee that your buyer is telling the truth. For next time I guess.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:25 PM
BMF82
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 70 Posts

Hey small world! I’m the guy you ripped off with these lugnuts in ebay.

You lied to me and you could have put my life or someone else’s life at risk with these used lug nuts. You don’t know what they are made of and they are obviously not a quality part. You shipped them to me in a ziplock bag claiming they are NEW!

Now you come on the corvette forum looking for sympathy? I hope your reputation is ruined on here too.

Look at this *** hole trying to weasel out of $50! Here are the messages he sent to me on eBay.

Last edited by BMF82; 05-20-2019 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:36 PM
BMF82
Racer

Originally Posted by howdigethere
Hey guys, just a heads up- I purchased a set of this guys "20 Carbon flash lug nuts" a couple of weeks ago. They were advertised as brand new and powder coated. The day after I sent payment (paypal- send funds as "friend" instead of as an item so he wouldnt have to pay the paypal fee"- I realized i already had this set on my car (I thought he was selling OEM units- that was my fault). I reached out but the items was already mailed, so I said no biggie- i'll just resell them......

The package arrives- and I DO NOT OPEN THE BOX. I simply posted it on the forums and put it on ebay- advertised exactly as he did (as brand new lug nuts). I assumed (my mistake) that I wouldnt need to open the box to confirm anything- because I was buying from a forum member.

Here's his original thread.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...bon-flash.html

Like I said, I didnt even open the package. Buyer beware.
I put em on ebay- get them sold, and the buyer sends me a pissed off message- with pictures, showing chips on the lug nuts, and RUST. Clearly these were not new lug nuts. The reason i'm writing this post is not because of the $49. Instead its because I trusted a fellow member, and it literally caused my perfect ebay rating of 100% since 2001 to be blemished- that's what I really care about, and I can't turn that around. The buyer already left negative feedback, not to mention cursed me out.

Giving you guys a heads up. Here are pictures fyi.

I reached out to him today and he said some nonsense about an impact gun being used on them, and that "any metal rusts when water is put on it".
Long story short, something small like this literally ruined a perfect ebay track record i had for almost 20 years.

Hey those are not your pictures. I took those pictures and sent them to you after you sold me used lug nuts!

Last edited by BMF82; 05-20-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:01 AM
howdigethere
Racer

I wasn’t lying at all.
This thread literally proves that I was not lying.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:04 AM
howdigethere
Racer

obviously they are not my pictures, read my very first post on this thread dude. Stop cursing me out, that’s all you’ve been doing. Read the very first post on this thread, I’m literally wanrning other people about the person I bought them from. this thread litey proves I was telling the truth, read the very first post. Click on the link.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:14 AM
howdigethere
Racer

and heres even more proof i was not lying to you. I sent the person who sold them to me a message RIGHT AFTER you sent me a message.
this proves 100% i was telling you the truth. this thread proves it.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:43 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,708 Likes on 2,997 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I also value my ebay feedback rating, I would have refunded the bidders money first & probably just ate the $50. & used the experience as a learning tool
Old 05-21-2019, 06:53 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

No sympathy for the OP of this thread. Sorry. If A) he doesn't know what he's getting and B) sells it without knowing---then it's his fault. Period. And instead of waiting for his seller-to-him to make it right, this OP should have reimbursed his buyer right away. That's how you preserve a reputation---not by making YOUR buyer wait until you sort it out.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:57 AM
BMF82
Racer

Originally Posted by AORoads
No sympathy for the OP of this thread. Sorry. If A) he doesn't know what he's getting and B) sells it without knowing---then it's his fault. Period. And instead of waiting for his seller-to-him to make it right, this OP should have reimbursed his buyer right away. That's how you preserve a reputation---not by making YOUR buyer wait until you sort it out.
Thank you. I am the buyer, and I am happy to see the Corvette Forum backing members who do the right thing.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:59 AM
BMF82
Racer

and heres even more proof i was not lying to you. I sent the person who sold them to me a message RIGHT AFTER you sent me a message.

I don’t think eBay or AMEX agrees with you. Nobody on this forum agrees with you. You could have saved your eBay reputation and your reputation on this forum. You are just as bad as the guy who sold YOU these lug nuts. Not sure why you can’t see that.

Refund the money for the item *** hole. You still have a couple days left before eBay and I make this permanent. AMEX should start calling you this week too because they already refused my money. ********.

Last edited by BMF82; 05-21-2019 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:02 AM
BMF82
Racer

Originally Posted by FiberGlassKid
Just call E bay and explain it to them and they might fix your feedback.......
LOL people from Ohio... Holds true every time.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:24 AM
BMF82
Racer

obviously they are not my pictures, read my very first post on this thread dude. Stop cursing me out, that’s all you’ve been doing. Read the very first post on this thread, I’m literally wanrning other people about the person I bought them from. this thread litey proves I was telling the truth, read the very first post. Click on the link.
Shut up Nancy boy. Where was my warning?? It's not going to be fun owning a Corvette when the Corvette Forum isn't a friendly place for you. Keep it up.

Last edited by BMF82; 05-21-2019 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:51 AM
HouseS2k
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Old 05-21-2019, 08:58 AM
BMF82
Racer

Look at the packaging they arrived in! Are you a defense attorney or just a stubborn fool?

Get notified of new replies

To BUYER BEWARE- forum member "Iced" [Plus input -forum buyer from ebay]

Old 05-21-2019, 09:02 AM
ssmith512
Melting Slicks

Received 849 Likes on 443 Posts

All this over $50 bucks............
Old 05-21-2019, 09:05 AM
BMF82
Racer

Originally Posted by ssmith512
All this over $50 bucks............
It's also a 3 week process to get my money back through eBay when the seller could have made it right already, so yes just $50.... and 3 weeks of headache.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:17 AM
scutzi128
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is so childish. First off op posting this on the forum in the first place. Who's to say the original seller didn't do the same thing you did and sell them to you without looking at them. How do you sell something without even knowing what it is. Your issue with the original seller has nothing to do with the guy you sold these to. You should have instantly refunded him not made him wait. Not to mention this was only over $50. You deserve the negative feedback.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE- forum member "Iced" [Plus input -forum buyer from ebay]