Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: 84 Z51 Rear Spring BMH

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 07:02 PM
Jonathan McGilvrey
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 84 Z51 Rear Spring BMH

I'm committed to coilovers at this point, but the spring is in pristine shape for its age.

$125 Plus Shipping OBO

Pickup around Houston is greatly preferred

Last edited by Jonathan McGilvrey; 05-20-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:49 PM
C409
Le Mans Master

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

….. PM sent …..
Old 05-23-2019, 10:29 PM
leesvet
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

As rare as a REAL BMH is, in this good of condition, I'd advise anyone that buys it to cover it in "Plasticoat plastic sealer to protect it from chemicals, oils, etc , all the things that WILL cause the spring to de-laminate and eventually crack. It's basically a rubber coating.
I lost more than a couple springs over the years from exposure to chemicals, especially ANY form of acid or other LOW PH cleaners or detergents. These products react with the resins and cause them to break down and the spring will crack or split.
If you get any wheel wash type of aluminum cleaner ( alum wash/ phosphoric acid) directly on the spring, it will sometimes crack the next time you drive ! Had it happen after detailing the batwing and control rods......

The plasti-Coat worked very well and was very durable. Sealed it and never had a problem. I used the brush on kind so it got as heavy a coat as possible. The spray is kinda thin...

Loved that spring tho ! Car handled like a go-cart. no roll, sway...just flat as a board regardless of what the wheels were doing. It'd jaw your teeth loose...but it sure did make the car dive into hard corners and come out where you pointed it. Not for the Daily Driver IMO.....lol
Old 05-24-2019, 06:48 PM
C409
Le Mans Master

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by leesvet
I lost more than a couple springs over the years from exposure to chemicals, Had it happen after detailing the batwing and control rods......
….. You Sir are OCD and spend far too much time polishing unseen parts of your car ! … Just Drive It ! … I have NEVER broken a spring …..

Last edited by C409; 05-24-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 84 Z51 Rear Spring BMH

Quick Reply: FS: 84 Z51 Rear Spring BMH