Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Registration is Open for SuperVette Saturday - May 4th - Acworth, GA

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 10:55 AM
StevieATL
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Registration is Open for SuperVette Saturday - May 4th - Acworth, GA

Registration is now open for SuperVette Saturday (aka SVS). Save the date: Saturday, May 4th at Day's Chevrolet in Acworth, GA. Show time from 10 am to 3 pm. See attached flyer.

We are Classic Glass Corvette Club with over 300 members. This is our 41st year.
SVS is our largest show of the year and one of the largest all-Corvette shows in the southeast. Net proceeds go to support charities in the Atlanta area. Some organizations we donate to are North Metro Miracle League (special needs), Marietta Police Athletic League, McKenna Farms Therapy Services (special needs), Wreaths Across America (our veterans).

Acworth is about 25 miles north of Atlanta up I-75 or less than 90 mins south from Chattanooga down I-75. We will give-out SVS dash plaques for the first 150 Corvettes that check-in. Outside judges will award 1st and 2nd place trophies for C1 through C8 and a Modified class. In addition, there will be 1st and 2nd place People's Choice awards, a Day's Chevrolet award, and the Carl Etter (our founder) Best in Show award. Food trucks will serve lunch and ice cream. We will announce door prizes, have a high stakes 50/50 raffle, as well as some form of an auction (silent, live or both). The NCM Store from Bowling Green will be there with a booth selling their branded apparel too. And, did I say the net proceeds go to support local charities and organizations in the area. More info to follow. In the meantime, please let us know if any questions or registration concerns.

To pre-register for SVS (and to order a unique SVS polo shirt), here is link: http://supervettesaturday.com/

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
svs 2024flyera feb 25.pdf (213.4 KB, 26 views)
Old 03-18-2024, 09:11 PM
StevieATL
Instructor

A little over 6 weeks to go before SuperVette Saturday all-Corvette show in Acworth, GA. Show is sponsored by Classic Glass Corvette Club. Come join us!

To pre-register, here is link: https://www.cgcorvetteclub.com/super...rday/index.htm
Old 04-11-2024, 08:07 PM
StevieATL
Instructor

Only about 3 weeks to go before our 41st SuperVette Saturday (SVS) all-Corvette show in Acworth, GA.

Show is sponsored by Classic Glass Corvette Club of Marietta, GA. All net proceeds go to support charities/organizations we work with in the Atlanta area. Pre-registration is open on-line at :: https://www.cgcorvetteclub.com/super...day/index.htm; or you can register on-site (it's $10 more). Schedule of Events:

9 to 11:30 am :: Registration Open
10 am :: Car Show Begins
10 to 12:30 pm :: Silent Auction
11 am :: Lunch served
1:30 pm :: 50/50 Raffle
2 to 3 pm :: Awards Ceremony including Sponsors Recognized, People's Choice, Judges Awards (1st and 2nd place), Manager's Choice, and Best in Show Award
3 pm :: Car Show Ends.

Let me know if any questions. Thank you. Hope to see you there.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:59 AM
StevieATL
Instructor

SuperVette Saturday is only two weeks away. It is fast approaching. Have you registered yet to show your Vette; or, at least, marked this all-Corvette show down in your calendar to see some pretty cool iconic looking cars?

Date is Saturday, May 4th at Day's Chevrolet in Acworth, GA., Click the link to our website with event details and to register. A flyer is included as well. Schedule of events shown above #3

https://www.cgcorvetteclub.com/super...rday/index.htm

Some of the vendors and sponsors who will be there:
Vengeance Racing
Savoy Museum
MAD Customs
USA Reflections Auto Spa/Ceramic Pro
Zeal Automotive
The NCM Store
Tire Discounters
and others as well as food trucks

Come join us. Money raised goes to support the 12+ charities we serve in the Atlanta area. We'd welcome your attendance. This is a rain or shine event.
Old 04-22-2024, 10:59 AM
StevieATL
Instructor

Corvette owners and enthusiasts.... don't mean to bombard you with my communications, but read this if you dare with an extra cup of coffee. If you think worthy-- please share with others. I sent this to members of Classic Glass Corvette Club (Marietta, GA) reminding them about the charities we support from the money raised during SuperVette Saturday. Has anyone or any club had success with a good old fashion car wash? PS: I am not making the offer to wash YOUR Corvette but thought you might find what follows humorous. Maybe, just maybe, it will spur you to come join us at SuperVette Saturday on May 4th at Day's Chevrolet in Acworth, GA. Steven

https://www.cgcorvetteclub.com/super...rday/index.htm
As many of you know, one of the primary goals of SuperVette Saturday is to raise awareness and money for the charities and organizations we support. Have you seen the list? It is reviewed in detail by the Board each year and then presented by our Treasurer to you at a general membership meeting in the fall. Here are the organizations we support:
· Cobb County FOP Charities (Cops and Kids)

· Forgotten Paws Dog Rescue

· Freedom Church-Acworth

· Horizon League of Acworth

· Marietta School Foundation-Covington/Etter/Walker Scholarship

· Marines Toys for Tots Foundation

· McKenna Farms Therapy Services

· MDE School

· National Cemetery Advisory Council-Wreaths Across America

· North Metro Miracle League

· Police Athletic League

· Simple Needs

· The Aviation History and Technology Center

With that in mind, let me throw something out to see if there is interest. In an effort to bring in a little bit more money-- I will offer to wash and dry the exterior of your Vette and vacuum the inside for a donation of $19.53. Get it-- 1953! No, just kidding-- for your donation of $50.00. I would set-up 60-90 minute appts with my appointment secretary (that's me) for you to bring your Vette to my house and I'd wash it in the driveway while you wait. I typically will use a Meguiars product but you can bring over your own car wash, your own sponges, towels etc. Otherwise I have all the product, sponges, microfiber towels, and a powerful shop vac needed. I will set-out lawn chairs for you to sit in and you can keep me amused with witty conversation. Or, I can crank-up a little Allman Brothers or soothing Frank Sinatra and we don't have to talk at all! I will even offer you a liquid refreshment of your choosing. Some FAQs ::

Why the hell/heck are you doing this, Steven?
I've said this before-- I'm not sure if I enjoy driving my 19 Z06 M7 LBR/black more on the open road or spending a few hours in the driveway cleaning it while listening to tunes and drinking (responsibly) a cold one. Plus, my knees are in pretty good shape so I can still bend down and clean the wheels! The number of cars driving by or people walking by to stop and chat about cars is amazing (as long as their dog doesn't poop on my lawn). The conversation typically starts out like this..... "I remember my grandfather had a 1969 Corvette............" and off we go for 30 minutes.

What type of car wash will this be?
Pretty basic, nothing fancy but I am highly detailed-oriented so it will be thorough. If you have any concerns about the water spray jet on your paint or PPF or ceramic coating-- then please don't partake. You won't hurt my feelings. Feel free, though, to still make a donation.

What if I just want to be around like-minded cool Corvette girls and guys, but I would prefer to wash my own car, and really just want to use up your water and supplies?
That is perfectly fine. Make an appointment and come on over! The more Corvettes in the driveway-- the better. I can easily fit four. And the good news is that you can still make a token donation to support our charities.

But what if I wanted you to come over to my house and wash my Corvette in my driveway?
I would consider that if not too far away. Assume you have an accessible functional hose, car wash product, sponges, towels, vacuum; or I can bring a few things (but not the hose). I'd ask for the same donation as above.

How much of the $50 donation will go to support SVS charities?
100% = $50; or whatever you choose to give above that.

Do you have to open the hood to my engine compartment?
Not a chance unless you want me to fill your washer fluid reservoir. I wouldn't even know how to open your compartments on a C8.

Do you use the "two bucket method" of cleaning?
I used to but no more. I'll use this analogy to explain.. When the pacifier would fall out of our first daughter's mouth at age 2--- we would rush to pick it up and then sterilize it in a pressurized autoclave for 48 hours before even considering using it again. Unfortunately for our second daughter-- I would just lick the "passy" and shove it back in her mouth. Guess which one is going to law school. However, if you insist on the two bucket method--- I will attempt to accommodate but you may need to remind me periodically which bucket to dip the sponge in.

What payment method do you take?
Cash, check and possibly Venmo. All money collected will be given to our Treasurer before SVS. After this experiment is over, I will publish the numbers with pictures. Might be a good VetteSette article.

But, Steven, how can you do this on your own? Don't you need a few helpers?
Thank you for asking that question. It's a good one. Yes, I'd welcome a few helpers for those who can spare the time. For those helping, you will have full access to my garage refrigerator and can use the indoor toilet once.

Speaking of your refrigerator--- what's stocked in there as we speak so I can give you my drink order in advance?
An even better question. In stock today: bottled water, energy drinks, Truly in three flavors, orange juice, Bud Light (for those leaning left), Sam Adams, Gate City beers, wine, Angry Orchard (for those leaning right), cokes, ginger ale, sparkling water and a bottle of coconut milk that has an expiration date of Nov 2023 (I think I can still use that if you ask me to mix you a pina colada).

How long is this generous offer open for and what time of day are we talking about?
Well, I'm retired now. So other than going to doctor's appointments to bend over and watching "Wheel of Fortune"-- I have a little time on my hands. Seriously-- this is not true at all. I feel like I'm busier in retirement than when I worked for Exxon for 35 years! You may feel the same way. But to answer your question--- I'm flexible-- depending on weather, personal appointments, and any work trucks in the driveway-- I can do it most any time. I would avoid when the sun is beating down on the driveway from around 11-4 pm if it's sunny out.. Usually best from 4 pm to 8 pm but morning appts are fine too. I can start tomorrow and go until Wed May 1st. Did I say I was flexible? I don't however want to wash any cars after May 1st as we will all be busy getting ready for SVS.

What if it rains after you wash my car or the car is covered with pollen or dirt after you wash it?
Hmmm, sounds like we have a complainer. You are on your own unless you want to make another appointment before May 1st for a quick rinse-off.

How do I sign-up?
If this email has so moved you that you want to make an appointment for a car wash-- just reply back and give me a few days/times. I will respond promptly. But check the weather first.

Other Questions?
I'm sure you will have other questions. Fire away by email or call me. Please don't just show-up and please keep your engine sound setting to "stealth" or the like to keep the noise to a minimum while in the subdivision.

Final thoughts
I have no idea how this will be received. It could be a total bust or it may be fun and popular and we start a new club tradition. Won't know until we try. I'm hoping that you can see I tried to have a little fun with this. But the objective is clear and my motives are serious: we want to raise as much money as possible to support our charities. They all are worthy and could use our help; and for most of us-- we have the means and the resources to help improve their lives.... one clean Corvette at a time.

Respectfully,

Get notified of new replies

To Registration is Open for SuperVette Saturday - May 4th - Acworth, GA

Quick Reply: Registration is Open for SuperVette Saturday - May 4th - Acworth, GA