Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 03:39 PM
ductape
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 70 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Bad Knee, Hard Clutch

I am posting here in the C4 section because I am asking specifically about my '85 4+3 Z51. I have driven C2, C3, C4, C5 and C6 manuals. I currently have an '85 that I love. However, I just had my clutch knee replaced. Anyone here still drive their clutch vette? I did a search and noticed a lot of us are in this shape, but I didn't see where someone was specific about any trouble. I'd hate to go to an auto (nothing against those that love them) I just love the shifting. I live out in the sticks so there is still room for enjoyable driving. Although I'm getting closer to town without moving. Any advice folks?
Old 05-09-2024, 03:50 PM
AngelDeville
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

keep up with your PT and you should be better than before you had the surgery
Old 05-09-2024, 05:27 PM
SirReal63
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 75 Posts

I had both of my knees operated on in my 30's (dang motocross) and what AngelDeville said above is true, PT and exercise. My wife sheared off her tibial plateau a couple years ago, they did not replace her knee but loaded it up with hardware. Lots of PT and exercise and today her knee is better than ever. If she manages to mess it up again they will do a replacement. My best friend had a hip replacement at 75, it took about a month before he was back to normal, in 2 months he was running COTA in his little speedster. Stick with PT and it will be back to normal before you know it.
Old 05-09-2024, 08:39 PM
ductape
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In V Veteran

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm 67 and have had other surgeries, including cancer, and came back well. This time the surgery is a week old and I'm having a hard time with the PT and exercise. I have never felt pain like this before. The drug they gave me only made me sick, but near as I can tell did nothing for the pain. I took it for the 3 days the Dr insisted on then went to Tylenol. It's a little scary. I'd hate to give up my 4+3. I really appreciate the support folks.
The following 3 users liked this post by ductape:
AngelDeville (05-10-2024), sb66 (05-13-2024), SirReal63 (05-09-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 02:01 AM
AngelDeville
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

If you have to get an automatic corvette, we will tease you mercilessly….
Old 05-10-2024, 12:18 PM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 310 Likes on 234 Posts

I been years and I can't remember the details but I ordered a clutch kit for one of my C-4s and sent three clutch master springs really hard and one soft and there is a spring under the dash for the clutch peddle can change that as well to softer spring , have to do some digging the info is out there .. Good luck ..
The following users liked this post:
sb66 (05-13-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 03:22 PM
ductape
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by radar502
I been years and I can't remember the details but I ordered a clutch kit for one of my C-4s and sent three clutch master springs really hard and one soft and there is a spring under the dash for the clutch peddle can change that as well to softer spring , have to do some digging the info is out there .. Good luck ..

Now there's an idea!

and no teasing.......

Get notified of new replies

To Bad Knee, Hard Clutch

Quick Reply: Bad Knee, Hard Clutch