Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Real Carbon Fiber Valve Covers Anyone?? Intro Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 09:32 PM
0Mike@NorrisMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Default Real Carbon Fiber Valve Covers Anyone?? Intro Pricing

Hey All,

A good friend of the shop has been having real carbon fiber valve covers made for a few different engines such as the Big Block Checvy, Small Block Chevy, Center Bolt Small blocks and so on. He decided to get in on the LSx market and this is what he came up with.

They are excellent quality, look awesome and a big hit so far with the Street Rod and Pro-Touring communities.

The covers are 3/4" taller then stock to clear full roller rocker systems.

The covers are injection molded over billet tooling. They use stock GM seals. Unlike other attempts at
Carbon Fiber valve covers these are engineered to provide a perfect seal. No Leaks!

Along with the exceptional sealing the billet tooling gives these covers a awesome finish. These are the lightest valve covers that can be made and still retain the structural integrity necessary for race cars or years of reliability on high peformance street machines.

They offer the different style coil mounts as needed in stainless steel for LS1, LS2, LS6 and LS7 and utilize a black anodized oil filler cap. All aluminum is anodized to resist corrosion. Covers are shipped with stainless steel mounting hardware.

As of now all covers are in natural black carbon fiber, but we are looking into colors also in the future.

The valve covers are available in three configurations.

Complete pair with coil mounts and oil cap. Intro Price of $495 shipped.

Complete pair with oil cap only for remote mounted coils. Intro Price of $479 shipped.

Bare pair with no oil cap or coil mounts for custom applications. Intro Price of $445 shipped.

If I can get 10 or more sets ordered, in any configuration to get to the 10 sets, I can take off another $25 per set.

The covers will be available after the first of the year and placed orders will not be billed until the covers are in my hands. You can either wait till there are 10 sets sold to get your $25 discount or you can pay the full intro price and if the 10 set minimum is met I will refund your account $25 via the way you paid. The 10 set order must be reached by midnight Eastern time Friday Jan 18th.

Check out the pics and let me know what you think. You can PM me, e-mail me at thevettedr@aol.com or call me at 407-616-2518 to order or ask any questions. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Mike Norris
Attached Images     
Old 12-24-2006, 05:17 PM
billiardcue
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw these valve covers at the PRI show and they are nice.
Assuming they are the same ones that Crane and Scoggins-Dickey had for sale.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Make a LT1/LT4 set and I'm in!
Old 12-25-2006, 11:23 AM
0Mike@NorrisMotorsports
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Ask and you shall recieve Bluewasp $325 for the pair and I attached a pic for you. Just e-mail me if you are ready to order and I will get them headed your way. Merry Christmas and thanks.

Mike Norris
Attached Images  
Old 12-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Cool.. Will they clear (go under) the corvette alt bracket? Money back guarantee that they will clear?

Oil cap included?

Are the bolts included? if not do you use the stock bolts?

I assume no triming needed to use 1.6 rr?

The white logo, what does it say? Do they come without the logo?

Last question. Is the passenger side cover breather hole on the side like on the stock cover??

Last edited by Bluewasp; 12-25-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:28 PM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Im with Blue, you guarantee that they will fit and answer all the questions above, Im in also.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:16 PM
CRV3TT3
Burning Brakes

i like them!!! i just need money
Old 12-27-2006, 11:01 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Those are nice
Old 12-28-2006, 08:49 AM
0Mike@NorrisMotorsports
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Hey All,

Sorry for the delay, but I am out of town for the holidays and back Jan 2nd. I will get the info y'all asked for on the LTx covers and get back to you ASAP.

I am guessing yes to the fitment, oil cap and hardware questions. I am not sure what the logo says. On the fitting question, I do know that the LSx covers need to have any holes besides the oil cap put in them. Again, I will find out the proper answers when i return.

Happy Holidays everyone and thanks for the great comments, questions and feedback.

Mike Norris
Old 01-09-2007, 10:33 AM
0Mike@NorrisMotorsports
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Everyone is just getting back up to speed after the holidays and I will have definitive answers on the LT4 questions this week for y'all. Sorry about the delay on that. Thanks and Happy New Year.

Mike Norris
Old 01-09-2007, 02:39 PM
0Mike@NorrisMotorsports
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Okay Bluewasp and GS 163,

Here are the answers for you on the LT1 and LT4 covers.

1) Cool.. Will they clear (go under) the corvette alt bracket? Money back guarantee that they will clear? Yes and all of our products are money back garantee for any issues. The supplier is great to work with and he goes overboard to keep everyone happy.

2) Oil cap included? Yes, and January 1 the pricing on the LT1 and centerbolt covers went up but I got him to include the cap in the new price. They new retail pricing is $349 LT-1 & LT4 and $329 perimeter bolt small block. The ones that are in stock do not have oil caps in them but I should have new ones next week.

3) Are the bolts included? if not do you use the stock bolts? No the only covers that comes with hardware are the LSx ones since they are taller. All the others use stock hardware.

4) I assume no triming needed to use 1.6 rr? The supplier says they will fit rollers without stud girdles and even Jesels will fit under the small block covers.

5) The white logo, what does it say? Do they come without the logo? None of the covers I distribute have logos.

6) Last question. Is the passenger side cover breather hole on the side like on the stock cover?? No we provide the covers with a Moroso baffled breather grommet that you can position as needed. Drilling required outlined in instructions. Unfortunaely the process that is used to make them won't allow side mounted pieces unless they are added after. The moroso grommets work great though. Or you can put holes in them for the factory grommets.

I hope that helps and feel free if there are any other questions and thanks.

Mike Norris

Get notified of new replies

To Real Carbon Fiber Valve Covers Anyone?? Intro Pricing

Quick Reply: Real Carbon Fiber Valve Covers Anyone?? Intro Pricing