Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Clear Bra in Raleigh / Durham NC (is this a good deal?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 02:17 PM
m3to335
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clear Bra in Raleigh / Durham NC (is this a good deal?)

This is the first car I've ever had quoted for a clear bra. I found one place that wants $800 to do the front end (24" up the hood), mirrors, and where it kicks up around the wheels.

To me that seems high... especially after hearing that my buddies 335 WITH TINT was $600.

Is this on par? Does someone know of anyone else in the area?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Texas_Venom
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by m3to335
This is the first car I've ever had quoted for a clear bra. I found one place that wants $800 to do the front end (24" up the hood), mirrors, and where it kicks up around the wheels.

To me that seems high... especially after hearing that my buddies 335 WITH TINT was $600.

Is this on par? Does someone know of anyone else in the area?
Actually that is a pretty good price. If the installer is good then you are getting a good deal. Cheaper is DEFINATELY not always better with clear bras. Go with a good material and a good installer and you will not regret it. If you use cheap material or a poor installer you will not have a good experience nad may regret it. And always make sure that they do not cut on the paint. Corvettes are a pretty tough car to do... especially the bumper and some installers will try trimming off what they cant get to lay down. The problem is they will cut your paint and you wont know it until the film is removed.

I also recommend findinf a clear bra installer... not a tint shop that installs them. I have been in the business for a long time and can tell you numerous sories of people going cheap and getting bad installs... and worse, cut paint.

Last edited by Texas_Venom; 06-02-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Mirroredshades
Race Director

Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro quoted me $1000. Seems ridiculus to me but then, getting the nose repainted ain't cheap either.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:06 AM
javdaddy04
Instructor

Default North Carolina

Sorry to post off you topic guys, but its tough finding NC specific threads. I'm new to the Durham area and am looking for a decent shop to do routine work and also a shop to put in my LS6 383. Any input? Thanks guys and sorry again for posting off topic...
Old 06-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Evilways
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

carolina auto masters in durham is a great shop for your needs (other than the clear bra.). They've always done a great job with my C6 and I've had zero issues in the two years I've had the mods and tuning done to my car. For just basic maintanace, Hendrick Chevy in Durham is a good dealership to work with.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:35 AM
m3to335
Pro

Back on subject....

So I have an appointment setup for tomorrow. Do I want to get a good coat of wax on before he does the application? I'd definately prefer that all the swirls/spider marks are out of the paint before its applied over it. I faintly recall him saying that its easier to apply on a good waxed car. My quesiton is, how the hell does it stick to that?
Old 06-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Deiger
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

If you haven't already done the clear bra. I had mine installed in Charlotte. Steve Treece with Autoshield of Charlotte. He has done three cars for me and does an awesome job. Does a lot of exotics and a lot of race team applications. In short, is very good at his job. He is also my main Zaino guy!! Let me know I can get you his contact information.

Deiger
Old 06-13-2009, 02:08 PM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I had the guy @ Autoshield do mine as well.

I did the tint & clear bra at seperate times, the install was 800 for both..
Old 06-14-2009, 02:01 PM
m3to335
Pro

Yeah, I pretty much got rapped on mine then, not to mention Im not terribly happy with the outcome

Get notified of new replies

To Clear Bra in Raleigh / Durham NC (is this a good deal?)

Quick Reply: Clear Bra in Raleigh / Durham NC (is this a good deal?)