Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

"Vettes at the Beach" Pensacola, FL

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 11:22 AM
yn1bennett
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default "Vettes at the Beach" Pensacola, FL

Once again (oil or no oil. All beaches are still open), All Corvettes are invited to come and join the Miracle Strip Corvette Club's Annual "Vette's on the Beach" All Corvette Car Show on 18 September 2010 on the beautiful White-Sugar-Powdered Sand on Pensacola Beach. The show's Registration will be at 8am with the Show running from 10am to 2pm. Trophies will be given at 2pm. Once again the "Taste of the Beach" with live bands and food from the local area will be available all weekend. TOP 30 Trophies awarded. Make plans to come to our Show. Fun in the Sun, the Gulf of Mexico and the Beaches! What else could you ask for. Any questions can be directed to: Rick Gordon @ jrgordonfla@yahoo.com or Leah Pittman @ leahsc6@bellsouth.net or MSCC's Website: www.miraclestripcorvetteclub.org.
Tel: Rick@ 850-492-7874/678-852-3368 or Leah @ 850-572-7402.
Hope to see you there!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 03:41 PM
yn1bennett
Instructor

Default Vettes at the Beach

Bump for a great show!!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,428 Likes on 775 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I'll be there. I hope it's not raining this year.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:26 PM
rpm462
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
I'll be there. I hope it's not raining this year.
Great show and location!! Hopefully the oil problem will be under control by then!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:51 PM
(Lucy)
Account disabled by request Dec 2015

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello guys, yes count Paul and I, in again for this year's show. Can't wait to see all of you there.. Heidi
Old 06-24-2010, 04:32 PM
ZR1/Z06
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We will be there again!! Always a good time.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Bullish
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking forward to making it for my first time
Old 06-26-2010, 07:19 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Where is eveyone meeting this year?
Old 07-02-2010, 10:29 AM
2 GRUMPY
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

This sounds like a good Road Trip to me,a couple of my Vette Brothers have expressed an interest in going also.Where is a good place to stay close to where the Show is going to be ? Is there any shopping near by if the wives decide to go ? HA HA ! ( Hedi can you answer this one for me ! )Where do Ya'll meet up Friday night before the Show to eat and greet ? I have some knowledge of the area since we usually vacation in Perdido Key every year but we've never been to Pensacola Beach.Paul and Hedi I hope we can work this out so we can finally meet you and your Crew !
Old 07-02-2010, 11:00 AM
bradc6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 343 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11
National Champs Gators 4 St. Jude '09

Originally Posted by 2 GRUMPY
This sounds like a good Road Trip to me,a couple of my Vette Brothers have expressed an interest in going also.Where is a good place to stay close to where the Show is going to be ? Is there any shopping near by if the wives decide to go ? HA HA ! ( Hedi can you answer this one for me ! )Where do Ya'll meet up Friday night before the Show to eat and greet ? I have some knowledge of the area since we usually vacation in Perdido Key every year but we've never been to Pensacola Beach.Paul and Hedi I hope we can work this out so we can finally meet you and your Crew !
Go to the Miracle Strip web site from the first post in this thread and then go into Club Events. There is an event form in there that has the host hotel information. It is right across the street from the show site and will be the location of the Friday meet and eat. There is some shopping and dining within walking distance as well.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:31 AM
2 GRUMPY
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bradc6
go to the miracle strip web site from the first post in this thread and then go into club events. There is an event form in there that has the host hotel information. It is right across the street from the show site and will be the location of the friday meet and eat. There is some shopping and dining within walking distance as well.
thanks !
Old 07-03-2010, 05:01 PM
(Lucy)
Account disabled by request Dec 2015

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 GRUMPY
Yeah please contact Leah or Brad at the website . http://miraclestripcorvetteclub.org/default.aspx

I think there's some contact numbers to Leah ,Brad on the pdf Fyer of the show with the host Hotels info. .
There's for sure Pat with his awesome stuff at American Hydrocarbon 's coming again this year.
Some of our friends and club members that are coming from La. (that I've asked around) are Bill and Karen Noonan (KWIKTOY), Keith and Susan Triche (Trichka), so far . This is a great show to go even with the oil spill going on .Leah Brad, Bennett, takes care of everyone that has any questions , feeding us some good food the night before the show, awesome folks..Heidi

Last edited by (Lucy); 07-03-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:36 PM
4U2ENVY
Burning Brakes

Location: Obama says I'm a bitter white guy clinging to my guns and religon and he's right

There is a chance we may stop in to take in the show. If we do there maybe more to follow. Hopefully we can finally meet some additional forum members, like: Redline, Blue Dragon, etc...

The only oil we have here is on our salads and hopefully, there will be no oil in the gulf. My son in the Coast Guard and they are presently working the Pensacola, Perdido Key area.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:04 PM
ZR1/Z06
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave,

We sent in preregistration for both cars. Angela's Z06 and my ZR1. Looking forward to it. No rain this year though!!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:28 PM
yn1bennett
Instructor

Default Vette at the beach

Glad to see some of our "old" Friends and some "new" Friends making plans to come and see us. We hope for no rain. No oil on the beaches. And no Tropical Storms!!
To all who are completing the forms and mailing them in: The price of the show has changed from $25.00 to $30.00. (Prices are up everywhere!!) A LIMITED AMOUNT T-Shirts will be available at the show. If you see anything else printed on a Show Flyer, you have an outdated form. Please see our website for a newly updated form to complete. You can mail them in or just bring them with you and register at the Show. Registration begins at 8:30AM. Any questions, please just visit our website @ www.miraclestripcorvetteclub.org.
Come and join us for some "Tastes of the Beach" which will be going on at the same time. Food vendors, live music, and beautiful corvettes!!
Remember: we will gather at the hotel Friday Night before the show. We will also have food at Flounders just after the Show. YES!! Shopping is everywhere here on Pensacola Beach. So, make plans now to come out to the Beach for the Show.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:04 PM
leahsc6
Racer

Default vettes at the beach

Hi everyone ! ! ! ! ! ! sorry for the long delay of NOT being on line! ! ! !
We have moved and my only child has graduated from High School. . . .
So hopfully things will quiet down. Today I got conformation that we will be using the Hampton Inn on the Beach for the HOST HOTEL and
Friday night gathering. This is a nice place ! Exept they will not let us cater hot food for friday night. So I will still feed you, just not BBQ like last year. Sorry,

I am looking forward to seeing all our forum members back. It is a great event to hang out and meet all our brothers and sisters from the forum.

So if anyone has questions, feel free to ask here or shoot me a email
@ leahsc6@bellsouth.net or any time (other than m-th 7-5, the boss gets mad ,lol) you can call me at 850-572-7402
Old 07-14-2010, 11:34 PM
2 GRUMPY
Safety Car

Thanks for the update.

Get notified of new replies

To "Vettes at the Beach" Pensacola, FL

Old 07-15-2010, 10:10 PM
leahsc6
Racer

2Grumpy- Looking forward to meeting you, ! I will Introduce you to all the forum members that I know. Its kind of cool, to meet all the people here and in other areas. I will be floating around the hotel all day friday. If any one needs any questions answered about food or other things going on at the beach or Naval Aviation Museum if you have not been there yet!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:17 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by leahsc6
2Grumpy- Looking forward to meeting you, ! I will Introduce you to all the forum members that I know. Its kind of cool, to meet all the people here and in other areas. I will be floating around the hotel all day friday. If any one needs any questions answered about food or other things going on at the beach or Naval Aviation Museum if you have not been there yet!

I have a suggestion, I guess at least for the forum members that want to.

Name Tags (I'll even donate them to the cause). Real name and Forum name. I was at Vettes in the Valley and wore my RLSEBRING shirt and met a lot more people than I normally would. Fortunately when I heard my name screamed out, it was all good...

2008 Vert

Owned since new in 2007

www.c6c7vette.com
Old 07-15-2010, 10:21 PM
leahsc6
Racer

Great Idea, I already have some, I agree we are known by our forum names more than our given names.

Quick Reply: "Vettes at the Beach" Pensacola, FL