Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Back roads cruise this Saturday to Talladega

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 08:52 PM
GaDoll
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In 11 Veteran

Default Back roads cruise this Saturday to Talladega

Talladega Road Trip 24 Jul THIS SATURDAY AM.....
Starting on the Southside of ATL at Newnan......

Let's take a ride over to Talladega......nice easy back road drive on GA/AL roads from Newnan to Talladega.... meet at Exit 51 off of I-85 (south of ATL) and have a cup of coffee or breakfast at Waffle House...leave there around 9:30 and cruise over to Talladega....go thru Franklin GA... Rock Mills AL and through the Talladega Nat Forest....bout a 2.5 hour drive...that would get us into Talladega around noon...stop and get some lunch and then on over to the track....they have a great museum for those of you that haven't been there...gift shop, tours etc....so spend some time there and then for those that want to just bust on back to ATL they can jump on I-20....or you can come with me on pretty much the same road back.....
if not too late when we get back to Newnan maybe stop by Suk's Tavern. only a chance of scattered showers.

This cruise is lead by C5SMAJ and I'm going to be there for sure! Bring your passenger as this will a nice drive on some scenic back roads. Also, PLEASE BRING YOUR RADIOS if you have them. Channel 7

See ya Sat. morning at the Waffle House at exit 51 on I-85 South of Atlanta at Newnan, Ga. It's short notice, but sometimes those are the best!

Carol

Last edited by GaDoll; 07-23-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:56 AM
yamahajo
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10,-'13
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Hope you all have nice weather for the cruise!
Old 07-22-2010, 07:22 AM
GaDoll
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In 11 Veteran

Wish you could come with us!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:05 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

When we were at Talladega for the Vetes4vets track day, we went over to Cheaha State Park for lunch. Fantastic view from the restaurant located on the highest point in Alabama at 2407 ft. Hwy 49 north of Lineville, AL is a great Corvette road as is Hwy 181 up to US431, then over to I-20. Another great road is Hwy 25 just south of Leeds, AL. The Museum at the track is a great place to visit. There is a Montana Saloon and Steakhouse in Lincoln, AL on Hwy 77 not far from the track. Good food, but be very careful, you can high center your car leaving the hwy going into the parking lot.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:48 AM
GaDoll
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In 11 Veteran

Thanks for the tips, Joe........we're looking forward to getting out in the country for a drive!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:08 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by GaDoll
Thanks for the tips, Joe........we're looking forward to getting out in the country for a drive!
have fun........
Old 07-23-2010, 04:07 PM
yamahajo
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10,-'13
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Wish you could come with us!
Wish I could make it! Next Vette excursion I will be vetteless - finally got my new caddy!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:33 AM
GaDoll
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In 11 Veteran

Well, YamahaJo, you're welcome to drive the Caddy... And a special 'thanks' to JoesC5 for the tips!

I'd like to give y'all an update on our adventure yesterday. We had some great roads with curves, a wooden plank bridge that you don't see very often, and the scenery was beautiful!

We drove to the top of one of the greenest mountain ranges I've ever seen to Cheaha State Park....the highest point in Alabama. Had a great lunch buffet at the park restaurant over looking the mountains.....what a sight! We plan to go back this fall, God willing, when the leaves are blazing so come along with us!

Last edited by GaDoll; 07-25-2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: added
Old 07-25-2010, 12:22 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Well, YamahaJo, you're welcome to drive the Caddy... And a special 'thanks' to JoesC5 for the tips!

I'd like to give y'all an update on our adventure yesterday. We had some great roads with curves, a wooden plank bridge that you don't see very often, and the scenery was beautiful!

We drove to the top of one of the greenest mountain ranges I've ever seen to Cheaha State Park....the highest point in Alabama. Had a great lunch buffet at the park restaurant over looking the mountains.....what a sight! We plan to go back this fall, God willing, when the leaves are blazing so come along with us!

We plan on returning next July for another run at the Track. I bet The scenery is beautiful in the fall, though, but the track isn't open.

Get notified of new replies

To Back roads cruise this Saturday to Talladega

Quick Reply: Back roads cruise this Saturday to Talladega