Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Batten down the hatches guys/girls

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 10:12 AM
renegad44
Safety Car

Location: This is not a Song, It's an Outburst: Or, The Establishment Blues; Sixto Diaz Rodriguez
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batten down the hatches guys/girls

Here comes Isaac

Going out to pick up hoses, flower pots, umbrella off the picnic table, lawn chairs, make sure generators are running correctly, fill the propane tanks, fill the gas tanks, all cars, and all the other stuff we gotta do down here in the deep South when we decide to host a Hurricane, and lose electric for days!!!!!

Isaac might give us a beating until morale improves down here in the dirty South.....

Last edited by renegad44; 08-27-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:30 PM
jcb_njb
Instructor

I hope lessons learned 7 years ago will be put into effect. Good luck everyone.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:59 PM
als2052
Burning Brakes

Just a big rain event in Florida...like in LA as well...forecasters really blew this one again...its still early...we have room for more between now and Nov 30th...
Old 08-28-2012, 03:08 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Good luck---we got 4 in of rain and little wind, lucky.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Don 79 TA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

suprisingly nothing here yet, although a tad more humid/tropicial thicker air then the last few weeks
wonder if we will get dumped on this weekend
Old 08-29-2012, 04:30 PM
hydrasport
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Sideways rain and tornados today. Isaac is moving so slow that it will be like this for a while. Covered in fiberglass insulation from trying to stop a leak in the roof. It might not be a big event, but as usual it is causing it's share of headaches.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Rocketmanwpb
Safety Car

Received 459 Likes on 233 Posts

Good luck to you guys in the path of Isaac. The actual storm was a non event in my area, but the next day we got pounded with rain and are still flooded. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:45 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Any updates from folks?

Here in Baton Rouge it has mostly been wind and tree damage blocking roads. There was some minor street flooding from what I have seen. I am up working my nights in the GOHSEP EOC.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:59 PM
renegad44
Safety Car

Location: This is not a Song, It's an Outburst: Or, The Establishment Blues; Sixto Diaz Rodriguez

Well, I survived.... Plenty tree damage on my acreage, lake overflowed the dam, plenty broken limbs laying all around, but no damage to the house. On Wednesday we had at least 15 hours of torrential rainfall, sustained winds of 45mph, gusts up to 70/75mph, and that was all day Wednesday into Thursday, more rain/wind on Thursday, I believe total somewhere around 18 inches of rain, loss electric for a couple of days, thanks to the generators, we were able to keep the deep-freezer, and fridge going, couple of lights, and TV, but we "roughed" it a bit, generators not large enough for A/C, Coleman stove, plus the propane grill for cooking,

Isaac put an a_ _ whipping on us, but morale is about the same...

Couldn't make C&C in Baton Rouge today, too much work around here, plus Corvette is not completely put back together, thanks Isaac!!!

Did the event have a large turn-out, anyone going to post photos?

That's my report....hope all in the affected area survived with none, to minimum damage

Get notified of new replies

To Batten down the hatches guys/girls

Quick Reply: Batten down the hatches guys/girls