Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Corvette Clubs Hickory NC area

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 12:04 PM
Greg G
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Corvette Clubs Hickory NC area

Moved to Hickory NC area (acutally about 10 miles west off I40) about 1 year ago and looking for local Corvette clubs. I did join Foothills CC but I am also looking for other clubs in the area.
I tried to contact Metrolina several times with no success. Looks like an interesting club but their web does not list details on where and when to meet for their cruises. Their web site also looks out of date.

Prefer something within 1hr drive.

Thanks
Greg
Old 03-17-2017, 10:04 PM
procketus
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C4 of Year Finalist

What year Vette have you got?
Reason I ask is we do have a club, Carolina Classic Corvettes, That is from 1953-1996. So, if you fall in those generations, you can check us out. Even if you have a "newer one', you could meet us sometime and we could give you more info on the area clubs. BTW, I'm the VP of the club also. Have members all over the place.

There is also Victory lane and Rutherford County Corvette Group, not an actual club, but started as a Facebook group of area Corvette owners.

There really is no Vette club up here as far as I know. They are all pretty much based out of the Charlotte area.
Would be nice to have something in this area. See a lot of Vettes driving around in the area all the time.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:12 PM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey Greg - I run the website for Metrolina - I have been swamped with work/projects - and haven't had time to update the site.

If I missed your email - I apologize.

We will be showing as a club at the Auto Fair @ Charlotte Motor Speedway in a few weeks.

If you are interested - please contact Jeff Jones @ jjones@imtllc.com

Thanks,
Craig

Last edited by bonecrrusher; 03-17-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:44 AM
Norm66
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Default Queen City Corvette Club

Greg,

I belong to Queen City Corvette Club, and I live in Mooresville. QCCC is very active, and has members throughout this area. We will also be at Auto Fair. Here is their web site:

[URL="http://queencitycorvette.com"]

Our membership director is Paul Schmitt paulandchristineschmitt@gmail.com

Last edited by Norm66; 03-18-2017 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Added contact name.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:32 PM
BarryBum
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Greg G
Moved to Hickory NC area (acutally about 10 miles west off I40) about 1 year ago and looking for local Corvette clubs. I did join Foothills CC but I am also looking for other clubs in the area.
I tried to contact Metrolina several times with no success. Looks like an interesting club but their web does not list details on where and when to meet for their cruises. Their web site also looks out of date.

Prefer something within 1hr drive.

Thanks
Greg

Hi Greg, Rutheford County Corvettes is about an hour from you up hwy 64. We have a uniquely different Corvette club environment. We are solely a facebook club, but we are very active doing monthly outings along with Corvettes For Vets the second weekend in May. Look us up on Facebook under Rutherford County Corvettes and feel free to join in with us.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:17 PM
Greg G
Pro

Don't know if I can make it but would appreciate it if you coule put me on your email list for future events.

gjgerv@yahoo.com

Originally Posted by bonecrrusher
Hey Greg - I run the website for Metrolina - I have been swamped with work/projects - and haven't had time to update the site.

If I missed your email - I apologize.

We will be showing as a club at the Auto Fair @ Charlotte Motor Speedway in a few weeks.

If you are interested - please contact Jeff Jones @ jjones@imtllc.com

Thanks,
Craig
Old 03-25-2017, 08:18 PM
Greg G
Pro

I have a facebook account but don't use it much. I'll look your club up and try to meet at a future event.

Greg

Originally Posted by BarryBum
Hi Greg, Rutheford County Corvettes is about an hour from you up hwy 64. We have a uniquely different Corvette club environment. We are solely a facebook club, but we are very active doing monthly outings along with Corvettes For Vets the second weekend in May. Look us up on Facebook under Rutherford County Corvettes and feel free to join in with us.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:20 PM
Greg G
Pro

I have a 2006 now but had a 1970 up until I moved here. Sold it to a club member in PA before I moved.

Originally Posted by procketus
What year Vette have you got?
Reason I ask is we do have a club, Carolina Classic Corvettes, That is from 1953-1996. So, if you fall in those generations, you can check us out. Even if you have a "newer one', you could meet us sometime and we could give you more info on the area clubs. BTW, I'm the VP of the club also. Have members all over the place.

There is also Victory lane and Rutherford County Corvette Group, not an actual club, but started as a Facebook group of area Corvette owners.

There really is no Vette club up here as far as I know. They are all pretty much based out of the Charlotte area.
Would be nice to have something in this area. See a lot of Vettes driving around in the area all the time.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:52 AM
retbanklady
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach Corvette Show

The Myrtle Beach Corvette Club is sponsoring our 22nd annual Corvettes at Myrtle Beach on Saturday June 3rd at Broadway at the Beach in sunny Myrtle Beach, SC. Check out our website at www.myrtlebeachcorvetteclub.com and view our flyer and download the registration form. Our meet and greet is Friday Night June 2nd. Usually have 250-275 people attend it. Our car show brings 300 Corvettes from all over the country.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:30 PM
Greg G
Pro

Default Metrolina Corvette Club

Anyone one here from Metrolina Corvette Club?
I am interested in going on cruises with your club.
Web side does not list meeting place or time. Web seems to be stuck on 2016???

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Clubs Hickory NC area

Quick Reply: Corvette Clubs Hickory NC area