Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Ocala Area Cruise Nights Photos

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

Default Ocala Area Cruise Nights Photos

This one is a group known as Kruisin' with the Kid. They meet at K-Mart on Silver Springs Blvd each second Saturday of the month.

The group varies each month. Some cars you see at most, others are much less frequent.

I was a bit late so it got dark and I didn't get much.

The note on the old Ford truck pretty well answers comments in another thread I have from last week.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

This is stuffed in a Mazda Miata.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:00 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

When I was a kid, one of the first plastic model cars I built was a Model A coupe and I painted it light blue like this. I don't know why, but I thought it looked good. I was surprised to see a real one painted this color.

The following users liked this post:
ronkh57 (04-30-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 08:37 AM
George Washnak
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Nice looking vehicles, thanks for posting pics/
Old 04-10-2017, 08:41 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-29-2017, 10:36 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

I got done working around the house and decided to run past the Classic Cruisers Cruise Night tonight on Silver Springs Blvd. they meet the last Saturday of the month. I got there a bit late, but got to see a few cars and talk to a few people.

When I first got there, this Ford was parked across from me. So I am putting it first, and I'm sure it will cause a reaction. This isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I liked it. It was interesting, in that it is basically a Rat Rod but instead of like everyone with a '20s or '30s rat rod, it is an old Ford Vic police car. and a lot of things were done to make it look like this.

The lady in the back owned it. She had three little kids, and I imagine her budget had a lot to do with picking this car and doing this. She said the bullet holes aren't real, they were done with a drill and then punched it so there were no sharp edges. The rust was created with peroxide and sea salt. The car ran well, was dependable, and had plenty of room for her kids. When you think about it, that is pretty neat because she could go to car shows and her kids could, too.

The future of the hobby rides in the back seat, so do you want them interested in cars or playing some race game on their smart phone?

Last week I was out just riding and this Chevelle was here along with a '60s Ford. They were here on the wrong week, so I was glad to see he made it back when the show was going on.

This is Dale. Dale is 90 years old, just recently lost his wife Barb, and he is the original owner of this 1965 Pontiac. I talked to him for some time, as he had lots of stories about this car. One thing he mentioned was pictures he had of it pulling an Airstream in Florida back in the '60s when he still lived up north. Now there is some history and a ton of memories, having this that long and all the things he and his wife had been through with that car.
The following users liked this post:
High Altitude Vette (05-09-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 10:41 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Something you don't run into every day, a Studebaker truck.

This car is special because it is a 1965 Pontiac Tempest convertible. What is so special? Because it is a Tempest and hasn't been turned into a GTO like thousands of others. It was a really nice looking car.

This 1963 Chevrolet Impala was really nice, with a four speed on the floor. I would like to have it, and it was for sale, but then, I haven't won the lottery yet this week.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:48 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

I believe this guy's name is Jim and he has been working on this '69 Corvette convertible for some time. It is getting pretty close to being complete and it is kind of neat to see the progress as he works on it.

Here are a couple of pictures of it in 2013 so you can see he has done a lot.

A 1941 Buick straight eight. While I was talking to him, some guy pulls up in a C7 Z06 and says "Looks pretty good, doesn't it?" He was talking about his Z06, not the Buick.

At least the Buick driver heard his number called for a prize and jumped up to go get it, avoiding more great conversation from the Z06 driver.

And of course mine. By the time I got back to it, it was dark.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:00 PM
RMVette
Race Director

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!
Old 05-08-2017, 11:34 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Default Trinity Baptist Car Show - 5/6/2017

I got my hair cut on Saturday and on the way home, a local church had a car show going, so I pulled in to look. My timing was poor as shortly after getting there, they called everyone up for some presentation and so I didn't get to talk to many.

This Mustang fastback was owned about 5 years by this couple. He had a board showing a lot of the restoration work done. It was a very nicely done car.

A very clean T-Bird.

Just last weekend, I talked to Dale with his Pontiac 4 door hardtop and now this week, I run into this 1965 Chevrolet 4 door hardtop. So many of the 4 door hardtop cars disappeared as the 2 door was the desirable one, but with people having families or everyone being older and going with their friends, these 4 door hardtops would be nice to have for getting in and out, plus they keep the hardtop lines.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:37 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

The owner of the truck had this about 5 years, I think he said. It was very well done and had a lot of work put into it.

While I was taking a picture, some guy comes along, realizes he just stepped in front of me, and begins to make conversation. He says he loves the patina in this old truck. It is so worn and natural. I guess he didn't know it was made to look like this.

The owner of the roadster had it about 20 years.

Last edited by Procrastination Racing; 05-08-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:33 AM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Default More Classic Cruisers - May 27, 2017

Memorial Day Weekend. I had to run out for some Coke and thought I'd drop by. I didn't think many would be out, but there was a good crowd.

When I first got there, I started walking down the aisle and this red 1963 Impala convertible really jumped out at me. There was something about the paint, and this photo doesn't do it justice, that just jumped out. It looked wet, and the shine was a mile deep. He said they had used a white primer or basecoat (he kept talking about white "undercoat") and that changed the impact of the red.

While talking to this couple with this red Chevelle, some guy left the show and did a burnout on Silver Springs Boulevard. It wasn't much but several looks and didn't seem happy. It brings the wrong kind of attention to these cruise nights. I made a comment that great, he can do a burn out, just like every car at this event. She laughed and said that the guy thinks he is something special.

Last edited by Procrastination Racing; 05-28-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

As I was getting ready to leave, the guy with this GTX said that there was an older couple that kept going over to my '68 convertible and then asking who owned it. I cracked, "They weren't here to tell me how bad it looks, were they?"

That brought a long discussion with everyone with these three Mopars about the jerks that show up and tear down some person's car. We got into discussing the Ford Crown Vic from last month and the lady who had it and brought her kids.

It is surprising how many are really fed up with those that have to be an "expert" and be critical, especially if they are not there with a car of their own. PC is dying.

Last edited by Procrastination Racing; 05-28-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:46 AM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Yes, there were Corvettes.

This is Jim's silver 1969 that I have shown before. It keeps having a few things done little by little and it looks better all the time.

I didn't meet the owner of the red 1973. It was pretty clean also.

This had an excellent wineberry candy that was about 15 years old, I think he said. Zeke brought it out as he hadn't driven it as much as he wanted, usually showing up with a Studebaker Grand Turismo.

I never ran into the owner of the C4. It was a nice clean car but it just disappeared and I missed seeing who had it.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Citrus01Zo6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this still happening on the last Saturday every month ? I know the Cars and coffee had to move from here it was getting really big. I am in citrus county but would like to stop in if it is .
Old 06-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Citrus01Zo6
Is this still happening on the last Saturday every month ? I know the Cars and coffee had to move from here it was getting really big. I am in citrus county but would like to stop in if it is .
What I know is going on is this:

1st Friday - Ocala West Methodist Church, Rt. 200
2nd Friday - Ocala Big Lots, Rt 200

1st Saturday - Belleview Kmart
2nd Saturday - Ocala Kmart, Silver Springs Blvd.
3rd Saturday - The Villages, Spanish Springs starts at 3
3rd Saturday - Ocala, Tilted Kilt, Silver Springs Blvd.
Last Saturday - Ocala, Brewster's Ice Cream (Old Albertson's), Silver Springs Blvd.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Default Citra Car Show and Swap Meet

The second Sunday of each month is the North Ocala Auto Swap Meet held at Motocross of Marion County between Citra and Reddick. The rain was so heavy in the afternoon that the cruise night at Kmart was cancelled, even though the sun was out come show time, so I headed up to Citra after church today.

The swap was pretty small. It was gloomy and looked like rain and I thought I might run into rain getting there, but it held off. The show wasn't too bad. It wasn't as big as I've seen it but a fair group showed up considering the weather.

This was a very nice old Chevy pickup. It was interesting since he had a six cylinder in it instead of the typical 350 small block.

This Chevelle shows up at the last Saturday cruise night at Brewster's Ice Cream often. There is a story with it, and he has it posted at this show.

Get notified of new replies

To Ocala Area Cruise Nights Photos

Old 06-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

I ran into this guy at Kmart a few months ago. I didn't see him but I did get a better look at the car in better lighting.

Ford's better ideas was to put a four cylinder in and turbocharge it. I friend had a '79 Turbo Capri new and we drove it up to Road America for the Can Am races in 1980. It wasn't bad but it was hardly a fire breather.

This one is stuff in an SVO.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:19 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

You have to have a rat rod at a show or it isn't a show. this one was built with a pool theme to it. Interesting idea.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:24 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

It is hard to beat a blue 1967 Camaro, especially with the cowl induction hood and white stripes.

Nice 1970 Chevy pickup

This red 1966 Caprice was purchased with about 50,000 miles on it about 14 years ago and it has around 84,000 on it now. It was nice with the buckets, console, and gauge pack. The guy in the back in the blue shirt owned it.

1953 Chevy

Quick Reply: Ocala Area Cruise Nights Photos