Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Need some tuning help in Charlotte area.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 12:29 AM
lamboworld
Burning Brakes

Received 144 Likes on 122 Posts
Default Need some tuning help in Charlotte area.

I was going over my car making sure everything is tight before I run a 1/2 mile event this weekend. I noticed that my MSD bolts were loose so I tightened them to the correct torque. After I did this my car will die at idle if I give it a little bit of gas. The RPM's will not stop where the idle is set and will sometimes die if I don't give it some gas.

My tuner is out of town and I really need to get this fixed prior to Sat. Anybody in the Charlotte area that can help me out? I have no idea what is causing this but it didn't start until I tightened my MSD bolts.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:41 PM
encasedmetal
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

PCM of NC
Old 05-17-2017, 03:19 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Where are you located? What year car? Probably just a min airflow adjustment. Probably had a small vacuum leak before tightening.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:07 PM
lamboworld
Burning Brakes

Received 144 Likes on 122 Posts

When I tightened my MSD bolts I also tightened the MAF bolt and I guess that I got it too tight. I took the MAF out and cleaned it and reinstalled it not tightening it as much and my problem went away. Thanks for your offer to help.

Get notified of new replies

To Need some tuning help in Charlotte area.

Quick Reply: Need some tuning help in Charlotte area.