Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

New tire mounting in Southwest Florida. Who has a Hunter Revolution machine?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 03:43 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Default New tire mounting in Southwest Florida. Who has a Hunter Revolution machine?

So I've got a brand new set of XO XF1's sitting here with some MPSS tires that I need to get. Does anyone know where in town there is a Hunter Revolution tire machine? I need to make sure the tires are mounted with NO damage to the wheels and tires whatsoever. Seen online that the Hunter Revolution is a mostly automated system taking the wrench away from the monkey so to speak.

Unfortunately there is no "locator" online for who has one of these machines. Anyone know where I can go that has this specific machine so I can get them mounted unscathed?

Ant
Old 06-05-2017, 08:33 AM
The_Gretz
Pro

Received 207 Likes on 94 Posts

I recently looked for the best place to patch a puncture on my wife's '16 2SS Camaro, and the best place we found was the dealer- Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City. It's a pretty good drive for us, but the service and equipment is always top notch.

That said, I don't know what tire machine they have (I didn't go with my wife). But she said she watched them closely and everything was extremely professional and she was never concerned about potential damage to her 20" wheels. Stingray sells the most Corvettes in the region so they are more than equipped to handle anything that comes up. For the last Tire puncture she had (I guess soft tires attract screws) we took her car to a place in Tampa that I won't recommend. The people were nice enough, but the equipment was behind the times.

So I'd bite the bullet and drive to Stingray in Plant City or other nearby dealer.

Last edited by The_Gretz; 09-15-2021 at 09:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
FYREANT (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 10:00 AM
petepd
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
So I've got a brand new set of XO XF1's sitting here with some MPSS tires that I need to get. Does anyone know where in town there is a Hunter Revolution tire machine? I need to make sure the tires are mounted with NO damage to the wheels and tires whatsoever. Seen online that the Hunter Revolution is a mostly automated system taking the wrench away from the monkey so to speak.

Unfortunately there is no "locator" online for who has one of these machines. Anyone know where I can go that has this specific machine so I can get them mounted unscathed?

Ant
Just had a Z06 rear tire replaced at Estero Bay Chevrolet. I don't know if it's a road force balancer, but it's fine and so is the chrome wheel. They're the 14th largest Corvette dealer in the country, so they see a lot of them.
The following users liked this post:
FYREANT (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 12:46 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by The_Gretz
I recently looked for the best place to patch a puncture on my wife's '16 2SS Camaro, and the best place we found was the dealer- Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City. It's a pretty good drive for us, but the service and equipment is always top notch.

That said, I don't know what tire machine they have (I didn't go with my wife). But she said she watched them closely and everything was extremely professional and she was never concerned about potential damage to her 20" wheels. Stingray sells the most Corvettes in the region so they are more than equipped to handle anything that comes up. For the last Tire puncture she had (I guess soft tires attract screws) we took her car to a place in Tampa that I won't recommend. The people were nice enough, but the equipment was behind the times.

So I'd bite the bullet and drive to Stingray in Plant City.
This is a good fail safe but definitely much too far to drive to! Someone must have a Hunter Revolution closer than that!

Originally Posted by petepd
Just had a Z06 rear tire replaced at Estero Bay Chevrolet. I don't know if it's a road force balancer, but it's fine and so is the chrome wheel. They're the 14th largest Corvette dealer in the country, so they see a lot of them.
Thats my go to dealer for everything else. I may just go there for this..
Old 06-11-2017, 07:11 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

The dealer/shop your looking for that has that $37,000 hunter tire machine is "Gulf Coast Motor Works" in Bonita Springs, FL. They are the only one's that I would let touch my beautiful Z to mount new tires.

http://www.gulfcoastmotorworks.com/home
Old 06-11-2017, 09:25 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by pokerpro
The dealer/shop your looking for that has that $37,000 hunter tire machine is "Gulf Coast Motor Works" in Bonita Springs, FL. They are the only one's that I would let touch my beautiful Z to mount new tires.

http://www.gulfcoastmotorworks.com/home
Fantastic! Any idea on cost to mount and balance four wheels? Also, do they do alignments there?

Last edited by FYREANT; 06-11-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:26 AM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Fantastic! Any idea on cost to mount and balance four wheels? Also, do they do alignments there?
I do believe they do alignments. Can't really tell you how much they charge for dismount/mount & road force balance since I'm good friends with the s/m and they give me a pretty good break on labor. I do however give the tech a $25.00 tip for his precision work.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:00 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by pokerpro
I do believe they do alignments. Can't really tell you how much they charge for dismount/mount & road force balance since I'm good friends with the s/m and they give me a pretty good break on labor. I do however give the tech a $25.00 tip for his precision work.
So what you're saying is, that you want to come with me to get me a sweet deal.. LOL

Get notified of new replies

To New tire mounting in Southwest Florida. Who has a Hunter Revolution machine?

Quick Reply: New tire mounting in Southwest Florida. Who has a Hunter Revolution machine?