Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Two Questions for Memphis residence

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 04:38 PM
sgtskid
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Two Questions for Memphis residents

My wife just moved to Memphis and I am stuck in Knoxville, TN. Which brings me to my two questions:

1. Need a good trustworthy mechanic who can maintain her car for me since I am not there, i.e. oil, brakes, tire rotations, etc. The car is a 2012 Civic SI so (knock on wood) it shouldn't need any major repairs for a while. I have a hard time trusting dealerships.

2. Anyone have a job in Memphis for me so I can move out there with her.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by sgtskid; 06-28-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Two Dogs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Ive got a shop out back of the house with a hoist. I would be happy to help out with oil change, brakes and rotate. Anything minor.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:29 PM
sgtskid
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the offer! Where are you roughly? Our apartment is on Mud Island.
This past weekend I was in visiting and managed to sneak an oil change in the parking lot without anyone noticing. I know it's only a matter of time before the mgmt pulls the plug on me but until then....
Old 08-11-2017, 04:31 PM
82 Beauty
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honest automotive repair

Originally Posted by sgtskid
My wife just moved to Memphis and I am stuck in Knoxville, TN. Which brings me to my two questions:

1. Need a good trustworthy mechanic who can maintain her car for me since I am not there, i.e. oil, brakes, tire rotations, etc. The car is a 2012 Civic SI so (knock on wood) it shouldn't need any major repairs for a while. I have a hard time trusting dealerships.

2. Anyone have a job in Memphis for me so I can move out there with her.

Thanks guys!
I lived in Memphis/ Germantown for 60 years and have trusted Cecil's Automotive for over 20 yrs. We knew "Mr. Cecil" and after he passed away his son and staff continued to give us good and trustworthy service. They have 2 locations, Collerville and Olive Branch. We went to Collerville, 3815 S Houston Levee 901-853-1300. We moved to Nashville 3 years ago,but feel sure their reputation continues. Tell them the RAMEY's sent you.
Lots of jobs in Mph, Fed EX, Internat'l Paper, M Police Dpt.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:31 PM
sgtskid
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 82 Beauty
I lived in Memphis/ Germantown for 60 years and have trusted Cecil's Automotive for over 20 yrs. We knew "Mr. Cecil" and after he passed away his son and staff continued to give us good and trustworthy service. They have 2 locations, Collerville and Olive Branch. We went to Collerville, 3815 S Houston Levee 901-853-1300. We moved to Nashville 3 years ago,but feel sure their reputation continues. Tell them the RAMEY's sent you.
Lots of jobs in Mph, Fed EX, Internat'l Paper, M Police Dpt.
Thanks. I actually just landed a job and will be moving out with my wife at the beginning of Oct.
We've been married 6 yrs and apart 5...

I'll definitely look Cecil's up!

Get notified of new replies

To Two Questions for Memphis residence

Quick Reply: Two Questions for Memphis residence