Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

C7 Grand Sport Z07 looking for recommendations for alignment shop in the Atlanta area

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 10:07 AM
David Schmid
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C7 Grand Sport Z07 looking for recommendations for alignment shop in the Atlanta area

Can anyone recommend a shop for my 2017 Grand Sport Z07. I want to do the DSC Street/Occasional Track alignment and want to make sure I go to someone with the proper rack.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:35 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Most shops have the proper rack what they are missing is the adapter to mount an angle gauge to the rear knuckle so they can measure rear caster. Most likely they are also missing a proper angle gauge. None of that has anything to do with the alignment system or rack they may have in house. The angle gauge is used separately and isn't tied into the computerized alignment system and the readings need to be recorded by hand on the print out you receive. If you don't care about measuring rear caster just about any shop can do the work as long as you tell them what you want done and what tolerances to use. Either way you need to set some rules, the GM spec'd tolerances are wider than barn doors and you need to narrow them down some or your DSC alignment might not be what you think it is.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 07-30-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:22 PM
wstaab
Drifting

Received 214 Likes on 129 Posts

http://www.butlertire.com/contact/alpharetta
Jeff is the race car alignment tech.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Grand Sport Z07 looking for recommendations for alignment shop in the Atlanta area

Quick Reply: C7 Grand Sport Z07 looking for recommendations for alignment shop in the Atlanta area