Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

C6 Corvette Service in Jacksonville, FL

Old 03-18-2018, 12:15 PM
Kiser64
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default C6 Corvette Service in Jacksonville, FL

Good afternoon everyone! I know this has floated around a few times, but any recent positive experiences with local service departments? My a/c mixer has apparently failed and I know the dash has to come out for it.

Anyone have a recommendation for a competent Vette Tech at any of the local dealerships?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 03-19-2018, 02:13 PM
2StrikeHtr
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I haven't had any luck with local dealerships, but I have used EFI Alchemy in Green Cove Springs a few times. They are pretty hard core performance guys, but they seem to be able, and willing, to look at most everything. If they can't help, or aren't interested in what you have going on, I'd think they might at least point you in the right direction.

Is it something you can do yourself ... ? Anyway, best of luck ! Tom
Old 03-19-2018, 03:01 PM
Kiser64
Racer

St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks for the info, I’ll give them a call! I can do the work, but the dash needing to come out is my sticking point...it may come to me doing it myself, but I’d like to find somebody to do it to save time.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:45 AM
2StrikeHtr
Instructor

I got curious so I looked in my Service Manuals to see what removing the dash entails ...
Looks like mostly clips, screws, and bolts and just knowing where they are hiding and what slides in what direction in order to remove. Like you said, it looks like it's just a time thing and staying organized so you can put it back in one piece.

Only other thing I saw was the need to disable the SIR system, which looks to be mainly disconnecting fuses and the battery then waiting a short period for it to de-energize. Good luck if you decide to go for it ! Let me know if you need some pictures from the Manuals ... Tom
Old 03-21-2018, 12:05 PM
RIKKI Z-06
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 186 Posts

Grease Monkey's Garage is where my Dad, wife and I take our vettes. Call Scott 904-339-1322, tell him Ricky sent you.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:25 PM
Kiser64
Racer

St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks all for the info!! I’ll give grease monkey’s a call. Tom, would you mind emailing me the exploded views of the dash? I’ll PM you a good email address. I appreciate all of the info, again!

Old 03-23-2018, 07:38 PM
2StrikeHtr
Instructor

Sure, happy to send exploded views.... Currently down in Daytona for Car Show/Swap Meet and will scan & send when I return !

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Corvette Service in Jacksonville, FL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 Corvette Service in Jacksonville, FL