Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Flagler Beach FL - Corvettes at the Beach Oct 7th 2018

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 09:29 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Damn. I was just at Daytona Beach yesterday!! Wish I had known. I would have stayed overnight!!

Old 10-07-2018, 09:43 PM
cal45
Drifting

Received 476 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by cor66vette
Yes, would have been nice to meet. I saw your car but each time I came by you weren't near it.
Yeah, after a while I got antsy and couldn't sit in the sun as there wasn't any shade where they had me park.
There were only two 60th Anniversary Edition C6's at the show and just so happened that we were parked right across from each other. The other was a nice 427 Vert model.

Old 10-08-2018, 04:57 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,253 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

I have gone to this show for many years. It is well organized and a fun beach show.I have gone years and won nothing but had a good time. I have won 2nd and first place modified. This year I won 1st place modified again.
The weather was good for the time of the year . A few showers skirted us but the sun was out. A good beach day. The new promoter was lacks in moving early cars in to position. The registration was a lot more tedious
compared to years before. I prefer street parking because my vette is low to the ground.. I requested and received a spot under a palm tree and the shade was welcome in the afternoon. The DJ was average and fortunately
I was far away from the music.The end of the show took to long with the raffle winners. Next year speed up the winners.There were Staff on duty (Club Staff) and they were help full and and listened to my to my complaints.
I am sure the Flagler Show will be better next year.
I sign up for some show's and I never attend for varies reasons, this is the only show that takes my money and still sends me a shirt (that I have all ready payed for.) That say's a lot about the club and it's members.
Good Luck next year.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:34 PM
cal45
Drifting

Originally Posted by road pilot
I have gone to this show for many years. It is well organized and a fun beach show.I have gone years and won nothing but had a good time. I have won 2nd and first place modified. This year I won 1st place modified again.
The weather was good for the time of the year . A few showers skirted us but the sun was out. A good beach day. The new promoter was lacks in moving early cars in to position. The registration was a lot more tedious
compared to years before. I prefer street parking because my vette is low to the ground.. I requested and received a spot under a palm tree and the shade was welcome in the afternoon. The DJ was average and fortunately
I was far away from the music.The end of the show took to long with the raffle winners. Next year speed up the winners.There were Staff on duty (Club Staff) and they were help full and and listened to my to my complaints.
I am sure the Flagler Show will be better next year.
I sign up for some show's and I never attend for varies reasons, this is the only show that takes my money and still sends me a shirt (that I have all ready payed for.) That say's a lot about the club and it's members.
Good Luck next year.
What did you have there? I did not stay to see the trophy presentations (actually left after the stock classes were announced).

Old 10-09-2018, 06:08 AM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,253 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by cal45
What did you have there? I did not stay to see the trophy presentations (actually left after the stock classes were announced).

Old 10-09-2018, 07:47 AM
cal45
Drifting

Originally Posted by road pilot
Nice!
Thanks - have no idea how I missed looking at that as I did walk the show. I would have stopped and chatted with you a bit.
Edited to add that I missed ya but my camera didn't (post #17 - 9th pic)

Last edited by cal45; 10-09-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Flagler Beach FL - Corvettes at the Beach Oct 7th 2018