Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Great Central Florida Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 10:06 PM
CitationMonkey
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Great Central Florida Dealer

All too often, I seem to find threads on the forum warning others of dealers and bad experiences. I'm not complaining..... believe me, I totally agree in sharing experiences so that we can all continue to help each other.... I've certainly benefitted from it! Isn't that what this forum is all about?! So, in that spirit, I thought I'd share one of my own experiences....

This past week, I took my 2014 Z51 up to Starling Chevrolet Cadillac in Deland, FL for an oil change and to get my creaky roof fixed. For my last two visits, I had the pleasure of working with Brandon so I kept with tradition. There was a little parts delay.... no big deal. However, today I got the phone call we all fear. My car was damaged as they were finishing the visit Always discouraging news, but what really turned things around for me in almost an instant, was Brandon. He didn't make excuses, try to BS me, try to pass blame.... nothing. Most importantly to me, he didn't try to hide it or cover it up. Brandon completely owned up to what happened (not that he was the one driving) and immediately explained what Starling would do to make it right. This afternoon, my car was moved to the body shop for repairs. The damage, by the way, was nothing more than a deep paint scratch and a couple chips. They'll have the car for a few more days, but what I think is more relevant is finding an honest dealer with honest people.

Good on you Starling and Brandon for taking care of your customers!
The following users liked this post:
Null Pointer (08-03-2018)
Old 08-04-2018, 04:31 PM
cal45
Drifting

Received 479 Likes on 263 Posts

Nice to see this.
Did you happen to go look at what was damaged and take a pic or two before they apply any repair? If it was my car, I would.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:22 PM
CitationMonkey
Advanced

Originally Posted by cal45
Nice to see this.
Did you happen to go look at what was damaged and take a pic or two before they apply any repair? If it was my car, I would.
They actually sent me a photo of the damage! I’ve spent more time than most detailing her so my way of thinking was that I’d be able spot anything they didn’t photograph. You make a good point though.... I may go pay a surprise visit.
The following users liked this post:
cal45 (08-05-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 09:25 AM
Deftly
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Be warned. When you try and trade the car the dealer may go around it with a gizmo that detects paint thickness. When they get to the area repaired they can tell it was repainted. That happened to me on a used Audi I traded. I didn't even know it had an area that had been repainted. Cost me $$ trade in value.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:39 AM
CitationMonkey
Advanced

Originally Posted by Deftly
Be warned. When you try and trade the car the dealer may go around it with a gizmo that detects paint thickness. When they get to the area repaired they can tell it was repainted. That happened to me on a used Audi I traded. I didn't even know it had an area that had been repainted. Cost me $$ trade in value.
Thanks for the heads up Deftly. I was curious if they did anything like that or had a way of knowing. I (of course) have the picture of the damage and the service order in my logbook..... hopefully that’ll carry some weight when the time comes.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:42 AM
CitationMonkey
Advanced

I’m happy to report that I got my car back and the repair is amazing. It’s pretty unfortunate that this happened, but I’m still way satisfied in how it was handled.

Get notified of new replies

To Great Central Florida Dealer

Quick Reply: Great Central Florida Dealer