Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Memphis area Garage / Clubhouse

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 12:22 PM
sgtskid
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Memphis area Garage / Clubhouse

I moved to Memphis in Oct of last year and the one thing I absolutely miss the most is my car/s and tools. Friends...pfff.... I can make new ones

I live in an apartment and have no garage space nor am I allowed to even work on a car in the parking lot. My tools and a couple cars/trailer are in storage in Knoxville and I would love to bring them to Memphis where I can wrench in the evenings like I used to. I also miss the camaraderie of friends hanging out at a shop wrenching away.

My thoughts are to rent a 2000-3000 sqft warehouse somewhere within a few minutes drive of downtown and turn it into a communal garage. I have a couple locations picked out and if 5-6 people were interested the breakdown would be $2-300/month. One location includes utilities. I still need to contact leasing agents to see if they would agree to this arrangements but I checked locations just to get an idea on pricing.

Rules would be pretty simple - clean up after yourself, keep the garage clean, only two cars inside at a time (depending on garage size and # people), don't bother other people's stuff, no commercial work, park stuff outside at your own risk, limit the amount of sparks and open flames (be mindful of other people's paint).

I was thinking we could find a couple lifts, beer fridge, couch, flat screen, etc. and turn it into a nice garage where we could have the space and ability to wrench on cars and hang out. We would have used oil tote and scrap metal box that we could collect and sell to put the money back into the shop or throw a keg party, just kidding, but seriously.

Would anyone be interested in this arrangement or know of a current arrangement I could jump in on?

If you're seriously interested in this arrangement, shoot me a PM and we can discuss in person.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:13 PM
sgtskid
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have been talking with a realtor and have a couple locations picked that would make a suitable garage/hang out space. One is ~2,000 sqft and the other is closer to ~3,000 sqft. I have a couple guys who have PM'd me but I would like to get a couple more to make this economical.

Quick Reply: Memphis area Garage / Clubhouse