Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Moving to Shreveport, La.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 12:44 PM
Chaz 01
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Moving to Shreveport, La.

I'm moving to Shreveport, Louisiana for a new job. Looking for some Corvette club information, dealer support, and where to look for a place to live.
will be working at Barksdale AFB. My 2017 stingray and I reporting date in about a month. Thank you, Charlie
Old 11-13-2018, 12:49 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Maybe Bossier City? Shreveport is a dump. Benton is a crooked little town, stay away. The Interstate 49 transitions were just finished which is a great help avoiding Benton and minimizing time exposure to dumpy Shreveport.
The following users liked this post:
Chaz 01 (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,213 Likes on 3,457 Posts

Welcome to Louisiana! No shortage of good AND bad for the entire state. I've lived west a ways on I-20 for a long time and like the area. Nothing wrong with Shreveport, either (imho).

If you are at Barksdale, you'll be in Bossier, anyway. I don't know about Vette clubs, but I have used Red River Chevrolet for the only good dealer service experience I've ever had with a Corvette. They're in Bossier, right before the bridge going west on !-20. I hope the move goes well
The following users liked this post:
Chaz 01 (11-28-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 12:25 PM
Cole Farr
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey man. You should definitely check out Coates Bluff apartments and The Willows apartments in Shreveport. They're a 5 minute drive from the main gate of Barksdale. Coates Bluff is definitely the newer/nicer apartments with a pretty decent community, nice dog park, a covered area for car detailing, and pool with a really nice outdoor grilling area. Coates Bluff also offers garage parking if you pay extra. The Willows are immediately adjacent to Coates Bluff, but they're older, and cheaper. They do, however, afford you the same access to the Coates Bluff pool and dog park, but the Willows do not offer garage parking.

They're both segregated from the nearby neighborhoods by a small pond that wraps around the complexes. The premier street racing spot is within a mile of the apartments, which is fun.

You're not far from a performance shop that loves working on corvettes, Excess Horsepower. The drag strip is in Gilliam, LA.

I've also lived at Island Park and Reflections of Island Park apartments and they're not nearly in as good of a location. If you're looking for houses, I can steer you to the right neighborhood.

I've got a really loud C6 grand sport in torch red with the fender hash marks. DM me and let's get some beers when you PCS.

Last edited by Cole Farr; 11-24-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:49 PM
Chaz 01
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

thank you all for the info. It looks like I'll be ther in early January. Looking for a house to rent w'a garage

Last edited by Chaz 01; 11-28-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Moving to Shreveport, La.

Quick Reply: Moving to Shreveport, La.