Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

NCRS 41st Winter Regional Meet at the Winter Autofest Lakeland Event

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 09:06 AM
Bajaholic
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 199 Posts

We just got back home and I too, have a few observations. I feel combining the 2 events was a HUGE win for the event(s). I arrived late Thursday late afternoon and went to get registered. It went smooth and quite honestly, I thought it was cheap for a weekend pass. The Carlisle Staff was excellent and welcoming. I did address a couple of first impressions of parking for the registration area when I first got there with the staff and with in minutes were addressing those concern's and by the time I cruised the infield and pulled back out, the changes were already made.

Friday I had obligations during the day but again returned late Friday afternoon (4ish) just to check everything out. I was surprised how everyone said it was a good day for turnout because the show field looked like a ghost town. I guess everyone rolls out early, however the Auction area was going full bore and I think everyone was there.

Saturday was the big day for me, went over about 10am and spent the day. IT WAS A GREAT TURN OUT!!! The pictures below are of the show field when I got there. The event also had pictures lined up with a couple of vintage planes for those that wanted them. What a cool idea and seemed well received. As I walked through the vendor area, everyone seemed happy, (which is not common with vendors) so people who were attending must have been also buying. The food area was also packed and with the number of vendors, the lines moved quickly. (the vendors there were also VERY happy with the turn out, but then again with their carnival prices I can see why)

The Auction.... Well attended, prices were all over the board, some I thought were cheap, others went for more than I thought they should, but that is the game. They seemed to have a good percentage of sales, but.... It is definitely not Mecum or Barrett Jackson for sales/excitement!

My only criticism , but really more of an observation; was the NCRS area. I have been involved a long time and feel that they need to have a "greeter" or person to explain to people what is going on in that area. I understood, but people from outside the NCRS relm, just did not seem to understand what was going on. I answered a number of questions for people and I wasn't even a participant. Having people available to explain things to the outside person, I feel would go a long way in growing enthusiasm in the area.

Overall, WIN Win!!! And I can not shout out enough to the staff of Carlisle or Fun and Sun staff to what a great job they did, everything was clean, organized and comfortable. Also thanks mother nature for a great weekend!!!

But you have to come back home sometime... And this is what we experienced coming home yesterday.... Already missing the FL weather!

Back home, cleaned up and ready for spring...
Old 03-01-2019, 09:42 AM
Bajaholic
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 199 Posts

Forgot this one...

Old 03-04-2019, 10:51 AM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,436 Likes on 780 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

That's my grey Z06 in between the blue C5 and blue C7 in your first pic. We arrived late Friday and got registered and then came back early Saturday morning. Had a great time and will return next year. I agree with your assessment of the NCRS hangar. I, too, knew what was going on but saw many spectators that seemed confused. I was a little disappointed in the turn out of NCRS cars since this was a regional event.

It was nice to finally meet Lance in person and my wife and I really enjoyed Kevin McKay's presentation of "The Corvette Hunter". I even bought the book and had it signed.

Quick Reply: NCRS 41st Winter Regional Meet at the Winter Autofest Lakeland Event