Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Recommend tire dealers near Raleigh, NC

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 12:26 PM
Catman74
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Recommend tire dealers near Raleigh, NC

Several years ago I started going to Atlantic Ave Tire in Raleigh for tires for my '08 C6, thanks to a forum member that suggested them. Was very happy with the owner (Richard) and staff, tires and services that I bought there. Richard has since retired and sold the business to Chapel Hill Tire. At this point, I don't know the full impact that will have as to how the practices will change with new owners. I now have a '17 GS and won't need tires for a while, but will eventually go with the Michelin AS's. Wondering if any of you have used CHT in Raleigh and what you think or if you did go to Atlantic Ave Tire previously and now have decided to go somewhere else since they became CHT and where would that be? I have thought about Discount Tires but they don't do alignments, just tires. I prefer to do both in one place to avoid any blame games down the road if there are tire wear issues.
Thanks for any comments, suggestions.
John P.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:07 PM
rbackhouse
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Catman74
Several years ago I started going to Atlantic Ave Tire in Raleigh for tires for my '08 C6, thanks to a forum member that suggested them. Was very happy with the owner (Richard) and staff, tires and services that I bought there. Richard has since retired and sold the business to Chapel Hill Tire. At this point, I don't know the full impact that will have as to how the practices will change with new owners. I now have a '17 GS and won't need tires for a while, but will eventually go with the Michelin AS's. Wondering if any of you have used CHT in Raleigh and what you think or if you did go to Atlantic Ave Tire previously and now have decided to go somewhere else since they became CHT and where would that be? I have thought about Discount Tires but they don't do alignments, just tires. I prefer to do both in one place to avoid any blame games down the road if there are tire wear issues.
Thanks for any comments, suggestions.
John P.
For my last set I went to Automotive Performance & Chassis in Cary. http://www.performance-chassis.com/

They are a Tire Rack installer and I had my tires shipped to them for install and an alignment, They did excellent work.
The following 3 users liked this post by rbackhouse:
Catman74 (03-01-2019), Jaybird29 (03-07-2019), ladder13 (03-02-2019)
Old 03-02-2019, 09:42 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 798 Likes on 386 Posts

Dealers will price match tires. You can get an online quote from DT and take it to a Chevy dealer and get an alignment there.

Edit: The above mentioned installer looks solid.

Last edited by ladder13; 03-02-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:31 AM
rbackhouse
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ladder13
Dealers will price match tires. You can get an online quote from DT and take it to a Chevy dealer and get an alignment there.

Edit: The above mentioned installer looks solid.
I tried to get my dealer (Hendrick Cary) to match Discount Tire last year (they had done this previously) and they told me they can no longer do this on the Pilot Super Sport.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:33 AM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rbackhouse
I tried to get my dealer (Hendrick Cary) to match Discount Tire last year (they had done this previously) and they told me they can no longer do this on the Pilot Super Sport.
I know both Sir Walter and Capital Chevy say they price match though I haven’t asked either yet.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:37 AM
Jaybird29
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

I used Richard also for tires and mounting as of Sept 18'. I did not know he sold his business. Its hard to find a good place that knows what they are doing and there is a trust. I have dealt with CHT for a couple of other vehicles. I find their prices considerably higher, but they do good work.

Last edited by Jaybird29; 03-07-2019 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:42 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

I've had 3 sets put on by Discount Tire on Capitol Wake Forest - never an issue, of course I supervise the whole install -
The following users liked this post:
zcarmaniac (03-24-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 04:19 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by oh1vette
I've had 3 sets put on by Discount Tire on Capitol Wake Forest - never an issue, of course I supervise the whole install -
Do they have Hunter equipment to dismount/mount and balance? Do they road force balance or is that extra?
Old 03-23-2019, 04:36 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

sub'd
Old 03-24-2019, 09:41 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ladder13
Do they have Hunter equipment to dismount/mount and balance? Do they road force balance or is that extra?
DT will do road force balancing , with no upcharge, if you buy the tires there according to the manager I spoke to.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:07 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

I called Atlantic Avenue tire last week and asked them to email me a quote on a set of cup 2's installed on my wheels. The quote was 300 dollars higher that the set that I got from them several months ago. I replied to their email and told them they were 300 dollars higher and asked if it was a mistake. I did not get a reply. On Friday I emailed them and asked if they price matched. I still haven't gotten a reply, That would have never happened when Richard owned it. I will keep you posted but at this point I'm thinking about trying someone else. The price they quoted for the tires was about 100 per tire higher than DT.

Get notified of new replies

To Recommend tire dealers near Raleigh, NC

Quick Reply: Recommend tire dealers near Raleigh, NC