Southern California Southern California

RPM Motors does it all.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 10:25 PM
frank dupuy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM Motors does it all.

RPM Motors is definitely a full service shop. The engine building section is well equipped to take a bare block and turn it into a full race motor all in house. What I understand Charlie has also designed his own head castings and did the flow testing and porting all in house. I needed a motor for my 02 Z-06 track car. I asked Charlie if he would build me a NA race motor that could be run on the street and also handle road racing duties. I also added I would like the motor to have good endurance and a wide torque range. I left the rest up to him.
My new motor was installed just last Saturday, completely built in house and tuned by Charlie. As some of you know I also have a 2004 C5 vert with a 402 supercharged motor so I am familiar with driving a big HP car. My first impression's of my new motor is , this is everything I asked for. Time will only tell on the endurance but I couldn't be happier with the power curve. This is a complete custom motor by Charlie and crew at RPM Motors. Motor specifications are archived at RPM Motors.

Last edited by frank dupuy; 10-18-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:35 PM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Glad Your enjoying the new engine!!
Charlie and His crew do great work!

Last edited by 1bdasvt; 10-17-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:55 PM
gm4life
Racer

Originally Posted by frank dupuy
RPM Motors is definitely a full service shop. The engine building section is well equipped to take a bare block and turn it into a full race motor all in house. What I understand Charlie has also designed his own head castings and did the flow testing and porting all in house. I needed a motor for my 02 Z-06 track car. I asked Charlie if he would build me a NA race motor that I could run on the street and also handle road racing duties. I also added I would like the motor to have good endurance and a wide torque range and left the rest up to him.
My new motor was installed just last Saturday morning, completely built in house and tuned by Charlie. As some of you know I also have a 2004 C5 vert with a 402 supercharged motor so I am familiar with driving a big HP car. My first impression's of my new motor is , this is everything I asked for. Time will only tell on the endurance but I couldn't be happier with the power curve. This is a complete custom motor by Charlie and crew at RPM Motors. Motor specifications are archived at RPM Motors.
Cool. I didn't know you had a 402 in your 04, the supercharger was noticable.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:44 AM
MAG STAR
Burning Brakes

Old 10-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

After seeing his shop and watching it progress, he will be the person for everything on Vettes. He now has a dedicated trans/rear end person, complete engine shop, and more. About the only thing he has not jumped into is body work.

Totally satisfied with the work he has done for me.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Jim_H
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Charlie's shop is the only one besides me that will work on my car (not that I know what I'm doing). You can tell just by looking around and talking to them that RPM is the real deal.

The only complaint I have about RPM is that it's making my mod cravings even worse; fed by the fact that I now have no fear of anything being done wrong.

Last edited by Jim_H; 10-18-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:47 AM
n2osage
Racer

He's got my car right now and building me a new engine and those who know me know that I'm **** as hell when it comes to my car!

Get notified of new replies

To RPM Motors does it all.

Quick Reply: RPM Motors does it all.