Southern California Southern California

West Coast Corvettes Anaheim - Reviews/opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:07 PM
chevyc6z51
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe aka - KODAK
Don't waste your money - they'll burn you and smile the whole way! Joe's the only one there that has any common sense, the other big clown behind the counter is a joke!

Mhhm you can do better
Old 11-08-2012, 08:48 PM
brucemc
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My experience on the service side has always been great.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:05 AM
glencar
Instructor

Default I had a problem

I purchased items from them on line and never had a problem BUT, I purchased a set of wheels from them and they totally screwed up the the install. Striped a lug getting off my old wheels and could not remove my wheel they worked on it for a couple of hours. I left there shop and went to Corvette Mikes and they were able to fix the lug, remove my old wheels and mount a new set in an hours time. Needless to say I may still purchase on line but letting them work on my car is a major no-no.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:51 AM
Rossi6998
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I have had several dealings with them over the past couple of years. I recently bought chrome rims from them because I damaged one of the OEM rims by hitting a pothole. I thought they gave me a fair price on the rims. A couple weeks later, I had them check the front end because the car was drifting slightly to the right after an alignment. No damage was found and they did the inspection for free. The mechanic took the time to call the alignment shop to suggest a course of action and took the time to explain to me what he inspected. Tipped the mechanic and off I went....

They have earned my respect and I will give them first opportunity for my next parts purchase or service.... Thanks!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Big Jay E
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
I've only ordered parts from them, but in my experience, they have been great to deal with.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:18 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

Very good.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by socalman
...and what GS was available in 07??
probably a '93
Old 11-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 54greg
Only good things to say here
since '99
Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

I've never dealt with them but they did call me last week asking if I might be interested in consigning a few of my corvettes that are for sale with them. Seemed nice enough on the phone. They want 10% consignment and the other corvette shop in the area wants 15%.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Vintagevetter
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

My only gripe compared to other Corvette aftermarket suppliers...is unless you have a C5 or C6...they dont have nothing for you. They are fairly local for me, and I can go in and look at what I want before buying, but for my older Corvettes...its still mail order from Corvette Central, Mid-America, Ecklers'....etc
Old 10-09-2017, 10:18 PM
king60
Heel & Toe

Default Complaint!!

THE GOOD NEWS: First of all the girl who answers e mails Carrie couldn't be nicer and more helpful. I wish every company I deal with was as efficient. She replied to e mails almost immediately!

THE BAD NEWS: To some this might be picky but to me it's the principle and not the small amount. Recently I ordered a Corvette Wheel Center Cap - C5 Logo - Chrome : 1997-2004 C5 & Z06 from them. It cost $9.49. I needed it to match one I lost and from the site it looked to be the same but it wasn't. No big deal as things like this happen. They charged me $6.99 for GROUND shipping. Of course when I got it and wasn't satisfied I e mailed Carrie and she said no problem. I just had to send it back which I did USPS FIRST CLASS and the post to do so was $3.19. They had it back in 2 days.

Anyway I did get a refund for..........$9.49 not the full refund and their reason was that they don't offer the original postage I paid back.
So the money hungry company made $3.80 on postage.

I find it unbelievable for companies to do things like this for such a SMALL amount. So it cost me $3.16 to send this back to them and with the $6.99 I paid for postage that's $10.15 I paid for postage for a $9.49 item which does not fit my car!! That is crazy!

I HAD planned to order a lot more from WEST COAST (I totaled it up and the items I had picked out I would have ordered comes to $725!!!) but of course now this leaves a really bad taste in my mouth and obviously I won't deal with them anymore. So by not refunding me the full very very small amount and by keeping their huge $6.99 postage that I paid they are eliminating me as a good customer! This is crazy and whoever makes their business policy should be let go like now.

I have run a very successful mail order business for 43 years now and if I treated a customer this way for such a minimal amount I would have been out of business years ago!

Anyway, AGAIN this review is not directed at Carrie but to whoever decides their ridiculous policy. But I know they won't change as I guess they need all the small change they can take in.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:48 PM
dcolehome
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

They installed by Corsa Sports on my 2005 and did a good job at a fair price. I often purchase products on their website and never had any problems. They respond quickly to email as I've asked if I could pick-up from their office in Anaheim. I've never bought a car from them but their prices seem like most businesses in the resale business.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:08 PM
king60
Heel & Toe

Actually Carrie did get me a refund which was nice but I wasn't really quibbling about the amount. It was just the principle of it. Anyway all is well
Old 11-09-2017, 10:56 PM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

They "baited & switched" me on 2 sets of tires/wheels for 2 cars. Instead of getting 35 $100 bills, they got nothing. Ended up buying 5 sets of tires for my Z, from elsewhere...

Quick Reply: West Coast Corvettes Anaheim - Reviews/opinions