Southern California Southern California

Good C6 Shop in Huntington Beach area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Seattle C4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good C6 Shop in Huntington Beach area?

Looking for some recommendations for a good C6 shop and mechanic in the Huntington Beach area for my uncles 05 C6. Nothing extreme but someone who knows these cars and can do the right maintenance at a fair price. The car is stock but he needs a trustworthy shop.

His last adventure was with front tires wearing on the inside to the cords and the tire shop guy telling him the engine might be too heavy.

Yes I had the same reaction. WTF???

I think you may get my point. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Old 09-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Seattle C4
Looking for some recommendations for a good C6 shop and mechanic in the Huntington Beach area for my uncles 05 C6. Nothing extreme but someone who knows these cars and can do the right maintenance at a fair price. The car is stock but he needs a trustworthy shop.

His last adventure was with front tires wearing on the inside to the cords and the tire shop guy telling him the engine might be too heavy.

Yes I had the same reaction. WTF???

I think you may get my point. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Closest is West Coast Corvette, but I never really liked them. Best service would be Ryne at CMS, it is worth the drive IMHO.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:37 PM
tclhb
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had good experiences with Delilo Chevy. They fixed my noisy roof panel and rear axle noise. Minor stuff, but no hassles and done right. I do my own minor maintenance, so I'm not sure how they are on that.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:37 PM
tclhb
Racer

Oh, CMS does have a great reputation.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:07 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by tclhb
I have had good experiences with Delilo Chevy. They fixed my noisy roof panel and rear axle noise. Minor stuff, but no hassles and done right. I do my own minor maintenance, so I'm not sure how they are on that.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Seattle C4
Racer

Originally Posted by Garrett SNA
Closest is West Coast Corvette, but I never really liked them. Best service would be Ryne at CMS, it is worth the drive IMHO.
Is this the place you speak of?

http://cunningham-motorsports.com/

Last edited by Seattle C4; 09-03-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:39 PM
petercln
Burning Brakes

Yes it is.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

It depends what type of work you are having done. For non warranty work I have been going to Competition GT in Costa Mesa. They are a Forum Vendor and they are car guys....so they take really good care of your car and they have reasonable prices.

For warranty work I went to Dillello for years....I WILL NEVER GO THERE EVER AGAIN. Although Phillip is an excellent service writer, their mechanics a bone heads and it got really old having to come back 3 to 5 times to get anything fixed. They were rarely ever able to fix a problem in one visit. The last straw was when I was having trouble with my convertible top. They had it in the shop 7 or 8 times and they had GM void my warranty because they said that "since they couldn't figure out how to fix it, I must have modified something" They made up stories about things they though were modified, and finally had my warranty voided for a modification that was totally unrelated to the area with the problem. They said they would continue to work on the car if I paid for the work, and after they found the problem if "I" could prove that it wasn't caused by a modification they would refund my money. They estimated $1,000 to $1,500 to resolve. It took me about a month of arguing with GM to get them to reinstate my warranty....GM had me take my car to Connell Chevrolet for a second opinion.....and they fixed it the first visit. So for warranty work I now go to Connell (see Max).
Old 09-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Seattle C4
Racer

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
It depends what type of work you are having done. For non warranty work I have been going to Competition GT in Costa Mesa. They are a Forum Vendor and they are car guys....so they take really good care of your car and they have reasonable prices.

For warranty work I went to Dillello for years....I WILL NEVER GO THERE EVER AGAIN. Although Phillip is an excellent service writer, their mechanics a bone heads and it got really old having to come back 3 to 5 times to get anything fixed. They were rarely ever able to fix a problem in one visit. The last straw was when I was having trouble with my convertible top. They had it in the shop 7 or 8 times and they had GM void my warranty because they said that "since they couldn't figure out how to fix it, I must have modified something" They made up stories about things they though were modified, and finally had my warranty voided for a modification that was totally unrelated to the area with the problem. They said they would continue to work on the car if I paid for the work, and after they found the problem if "I" could prove that it wasn't caused by a modification they would refund my money. They estimated $1,000 to $1,500 to resolve. It took me about a month of arguing with GM to get them to reinstate my warranty....GM had me take my car to Connell Chevrolet for a second opinion.....and they fixed it the first visit. So for warranty work I now go to Connell (see Max).
Wow I guess the bad mechanics are not just in my neck of the woods. Thank you for sharing it's folks like you who help make this forum great.

Best of luck and I will pass on the information to my uncle. He loves his corvette but alas he is not a mechanic and I only get down to SoCal for work 3 or 4 times a year.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:55 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

cms is not that far from you...good shop
Old 09-05-2011, 12:00 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

we can take care of you, i know we are a little bit of a drive, but we have alot of experience with this car
Old 09-08-2011, 01:52 AM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup. It is an excuse for me to take the Vette on a drive over the Ortega. Ryne is a good guy
Old 09-09-2011, 01:54 AM
ClipperFan
Race Director

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

while cms maybe very good it looks like a overnight trip...........call Guldstrand in Burbank and/or JD Corvette in Bellflower as they are a little closer.......good luck
Old 09-09-2011, 02:40 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ClipperFan
while cms maybe very good it looks like a overnight trip...........call Guldstrand in Burbank and/or JD Corvette in Bellflower as they are a little closer.......good luck
Not sure if he wants to be taking advice from a Clipper fan
Old 09-09-2011, 03:45 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ClipperFan
with traffic, i really dont see how Burbank is much closer then us
Old 09-09-2011, 05:46 PM
ClipperFan
Race Director

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 04_z06_ce
not sure if he wants to be taking advice from a clipper fan
:d:d
Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 AM
ZEE-OH-6
Burning Brakes

Competition GT = http://www.competitiongt.com/
Old 04-10-2015, 05:47 AM
10thumper
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry to revive such an old post but I found it while searching.

This Saturday (4/11) I'm coming down to Huntington Beach to look at a Vette for sale. I could really use some help with this from someone who knows these cars well (C6) both mechanically and what to look for in potential accident damage.

Can anyone recommend someone (or possibly a shop, although I'm not sure how much flexibility I have with the owner) to help? I'm not from the area...

Please PM with any tips

Get notified of new replies

To Good C6 Shop in Huntington Beach area?

Quick Reply: Good C6 Shop in Huntington Beach area?