Southern California Southern California

Advice Please: Looking for a clear bra for my C5 need input & where to have installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 03:49 AM
1 BLOWN V8
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advice Please: Looking for a clear bra for my C5 need input & where to have installed

Hey all:

I am getting my C5 Vette painted and looking to maybe get a clear bra for it and even on the side rockers and behind all 4 wheels and maybe mirrors.

Few questions I have:

#1 How long after getting it painted should I wait to have a clear bra installed?

#2 What is your input on having one done? Main goal is rock chips.

#3 Price and location that could do it for me? I am in the Hemet/San Jacinto area

I would very much appreciate all input please.

Thanks Ken

Last edited by 1 BLOWN V8; 06-29-2011 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Texas_Venom
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
Hey all:

I am getting my C5 Vette painted and looking to maybe get a clear bra for it and even on the side rockers and behind all 4 wheels and maybe mirrors.

Few questions I have:

#1 How long after getting it painted should I wait to have a clear bra installed?

#2 What is your input on having one done? Main goal is rock chips.

#3 Price and location that could do it for me? I am in the Hemet/San Jacinto area

I would very much appreciate all input please.

Thanks Ken
You need to wait 30 days... which is the general rule of theumb used by installers... before having film applied. The only thing that can change that is if the paint shop baked the panels and say that it is fully cured before the 30 day window is up.

I have been installing these for 8 years now (started in the L.A. area) and really believe in the product. If you want to stop rock chips and still see the lines of the car, then this is your best option. I recommend VentureShield Ultra or Avery Nano Fusion films. Both are excellent products and come with lifetime warranties.

There are numerous shops in the L.A. area. The only ones I can speak to after having seen their work in person are StickerCity and Premier Mobile. Premier is one of the best in the country yet their prices reflect it. StickerCity does very good work as well and Dutch is a stand up guy and will take great care of you. he would be my first choice. Its a little drive for you but well worth it.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask or PM me.

Last edited by Texas_Venom; 06-29-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

PM sent.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:55 PM
wbredin
3rd Gear

Hey I live in the LA area and am looking for a good place to get my C5 clear bra'd. Where did you end up taking yours? Are you pleased with the results? Thanks
Old 11-11-2011, 02:06 PM
cali vette
Instructor

Talk to Lance over at Clear Pro in Temecula, I have been doing business with him for over 6 years. Great service and a great product. Have had all my cars and bikes done by him. (951) 326-9072. He is a stand up guy, offers mobil or his storefront installations.

Tell Lance you were referred by Troy
Old 11-11-2011, 02:59 PM
wbredin
3rd Gear

Thank you all for the help. Sticker city is around $650 and Lance is the same but with one huge difference. Lance is willing to come out to my place is Pasadena and do the work in my garage.

Lance it is! Thanks guys
Old 11-12-2011, 02:18 AM
One Nut
Racer

Sam @ Premier ....http://premiermobilegroup.com/ These guys are top notch not cheep but the best I've ever seen they come to you
Old 11-12-2011, 04:36 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Good info! Mine has it all over...Nose, behind each wheel, rockers, sills, mirrors, door handles. Need to replace the Mirror ones, they have some edge folds from age.

Get notified of new replies

To Advice Please: Looking for a clear bra for my C5 need input & where to have installed

Quick Reply: Advice Please: Looking for a clear bra for my C5 need input & where to have installed