CARAVAN

NEWHALL ROAD EXIT 14 FREEWAY

LEAVES 6:30 SHARP !!

DH
Old 05-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

HOPE EVERYONE IS EITHER PACKED UP OR ENJOYING THIER AAA ROOM IN PALMDALE/LANCASTER ..........

DH
Old 05-04-2012, 11:13 PM
frank dupuy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
HOPE EVERYONE IS EITHER PACKED UP OR ENJOYING THIER AAA ROOM IN PALMDALE/LANCASTER ..........

DH
Howie I am packed and ready with my alarm clock is set for 5 am. If I am at the 14 turnout at 6:31 will you wait for me? Being I am driving a slower 2002 Z06 and not in a 2008 C6 Z06 race car you should be there way before me.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by frank dupuy
Howie I am packed and ready with my alarm clock is set for 5 am. If I am at the 14 turnout at 6:31 will you wait for me? Being I am driving a slower 2002 Z06 and not in a 2008 C6 Z06 race car you should be there way before me.
Frank

The more people that see your car on the track the more people know your car is as fast as any 6CZ06. I predict you will be there before me as you always are

DH
Old 05-05-2012, 12:31 AM
frank dupuy
Melting Slicks

Frank

The more people that see your car on the track the more people know your car is as fast as any 6CZ06. I predict you will be there before me as you always are

DH
If my car is as fast as your's why is it your lap times have been faster than mine all year? I suppose you will use the excuse you are the better driver.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:12 PM
doveboat
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well ......

There is an expectation for recaps, video's and smack talk by this time.

Those of us in far away places have a need to know.

Ed
Old 05-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by doveboat
Well ......

There is an expectation for recaps, video's and smack talk by this time.

Those of us in far away places have a need to know.

Ed
Hang on to your east coast ***** for a bit. I just sat down.

DH
Old 05-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Well it was a beautiful day at WSIR with a highest temp of 84.

We had a private parking area just for Vettes ... the closed in area with the carports!!

There was a huge turn out with lots of new blood for the Corvette Challenge We all ate our free lunches together at 2 full tables in the cafeteria.

Only mishap was Jerry who sprung a leak in his steering rack before the first session Joel (Extreme) gave him a 50% credit and let him drive Cahns (sp?) which was cool

I hit a cone (for a change ) that someone left in the line on turn 9. It broke my valve stem and I wound up with a flat tire that I babied around the track to the pits. Fortunately I had a spare TPSM and the WSIR manager went on got tire guy because the regular guy was off today. This guy was cool but he advised me not to run the tire as the wheel rim shaved a bunch of rubber off the inside of the tire. He said he could see the cord showing but since I am blind and couldn't see the cording I drove it anyways

Extreme gave out cool medallion. But since he only had 2nd and 3rd place ones available he gave out a FREE TRACK day for 1st place.
3rd Place: Dave (from AZ)
2nd Place: Kevin (from Santa BArbara) watch out ED he was only 1 second behind me
1st Place: DH All I could muster was a 1:35.0x I'm hoping due to traffic and not pregriding ..........

Finally the instructors went out of their way to tell me how impressed they were with all of us as group

Now off to upload video. Hopefully Joe will call me so I can get him to upload, as he is the only one with a GoPro besides me. Next year if you don't have video we will be adding 50 points which would bump you up a run group in the Corvette Challenge.

DH
Old 05-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Session 1 RED.

I find the cone ...............

DH

Last edited by Dirty Howie; 05-05-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

nice turnout your guys!

Hey DH make sure you buy a new tire. You can damage cords even if they don't show when driving without air. At a buck fifty at ACS is not a good place to loose your tire.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:57 PM
BlueFish81
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it was a beautiful day at WSIR with a highest temp of 84.

We had a private parking area just for Vettes ... the closed in area with the carports!!

There was a huge turn out with lots of new blood for the Corvette Challenge We all ate our free lunches together at 2 full tables in the cafeteria.

Only mishap was Jerry who sprung a leak in his steering rack before the first session Joel (Extreme) gave him a 50% credit and let him drive Cahns (sp?) which was cool

I hit a cone (for a change ) that someone left in the line on turn 9. It broke my valve stem and I wound up with a flat tire that I babied around the track to the pits. Fortunately I had a spare TPSM and the WSIR manager went on got tire guy because the regular guy was off today. This guy was cool but he advised me not to run the tire as the wheel rim shaved a bunch of rubber off the inside of the tire. He said he could see the cord showing but since I am blind and couldn't see the cording I drove it anyways

Extreme gave out cool medallion. But since he only had 2nd and 3rd place ones available he gave out a FREE TRACK day for 1st place.
3rd Place: Dave (from AZ)
2nd Place: Kevin (from Santa BArbara) watch out ED he was only 1 second behind me
1st Place: DH All I could muster was a 1:35.0x I'm hoping due to traffic and not pregriding ..........

Finally the instructors went out of their way to tell me how impressed they were with all of us as group

Now off to upload video. Hopefully Joe will call me so I can get him to upload, as he is the only one with a GoPro besides me. Next year if you don't have video we will be adding 50 points which would bump you up a run group in the Corvette Challenge.

DH
It was a great day Howard. Thank you for everything and sorry to hear of your misshap.

Karn

Last edited by BlueFish81; 05-05-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
nice turnout your guys!

Hey DH make sure you buy a new tire. You can damage cords even if they don't show when driving without air. At a buck fifty at ACS is not a good place to loose your tire.
Carl, its being relegated to street tire. But I wasn't going home over it.

DH
Old 05-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

RED Session 2

Passed everything in sight

DH
Old 05-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

RED Session 3

Short session. Not sure what happened to that car as was out of gas an headed to gas station.

DH
Old 05-06-2012, 12:50 AM
frank dupuy
Melting Slicks

My 2002 Z06 ran strong all day thanks to the crew at RPM Motors. I clocked in a 1:39, nothing to brag about but I was quite happy with it. I was running my street tires and didn't expect getting below a 1:40. I spent most of my time on track running different lines to see if I could up my exit speed out of turn nine as the next Corvette Challenge will be on this same track next month. With what I learned today I hope to lower my lap time at the Challenge next month. All said it was a very enjoyable track day at a bargain price and a big thanks to Extreme Speed for putting on a well run event.

Last edited by frank dupuy; 05-06-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BlueFish81
It was a great day Howard. Thank you for everything and sorry to hear of your misshap.

Karn
Karn

Did you happen to check your times during the session I instructed you?
Track out so you can use some of that power you have. Your car is a beast. With a little experience you will be tearing it up

Hitting cones and breaking valve stems don't count as misshaps

DH
Old 05-06-2012, 01:27 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

My 2002 Z06 ran strong all day thanks to the crew at RPM Motors. I clocked in a 1:39, nothing to brag about but I was quite happy with it. I was running my street tires and didn't expect getting below a 1:40. I spent most of my time on track running different lines to see if I could up my exit speed out of turn nine as the next Corvette Challenge will be on this same track next month. With what I learned today I hope to lower my lap time at the Challenge next month. All said it was a very enjoyable track day at a bargain price and a big thanks to Extreme Speed for putting on a well run event.
You forgot to mention all the free donuts they supplied for you

DH

Get notified of new replies

To Wsir track day: May 5 !!!

Old 05-06-2012, 02:26 AM
frank dupuy
Melting Slicks

You forgot to mention all the free donuts they supplied for you

DH
That is correct, counting the box brought by C6 Ray and the ones supplied by Extreme Speed I consumed my monthly quota in one day.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:02 AM
Evolution-ary
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad you all had nice day out there! Sure wish Ed and Mike (Stig) and I could have joined you... sounds like with your bad tire Howie, we might have actually given you a run for your money

I have to find some faster internet along the way over here to view the video.. this particular hotel in Mainz Germany is a bit behind the times technology wise... was lucky to load the page!

Looking way forward to June 2nd!

Dave W
Old 05-06-2012, 11:31 AM
BLW BY
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

My 2002 Z06 ran a 1:39, I was running my street tires and didn't expect getting below a 1:40.
Frank, you might want to consult your tire dealer; on the side of your tire it said "FOR COMPETITION USE ONLY" right next to the treadwear rating of 100.

Had a great time out there, ran all 5 sessions. That was a first, all on one tank of gas. Usually have to fill up after 3.

Howie you might want to turn your video off if you come up on me, cause the longer I keep you back there, the more video I get.
I didn't see any video of you, just in my memory, which isn't very good lately.

R

Quick Reply: Wsir track day: May 5 !!!