Southern California Southern California

Anyone in SoCal have B&B Fusions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Anyone in SoCal have B&B Fusions?

I'd really like to hear B&B Fusions in person before I make a decision on them. Anyone in LA or OC area have them on a C6?
Old 05-22-2014, 09:44 PM
RPOWU8
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I have the ZR1/Z06 Extreme Fusions on my LS3 A6 car. Maybe a little too far but I live down here in Valley Center.

Hopefully you can find someone closer, but your welcome to come down if you want.

Love the sound except a little loud at idle for my taste.

DJ
Old 05-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I had a set of the original 2.5" C6 Fusion mufflers, but I sold them when I went to ZR1 mufflers. The Fusions sounded nice, but with headers and a cam they were pretty damn loud. I kept the flaps closed most of the time, and even then there was a little drone at certain freeway cruising speeds. I thought the ZR1 setup was much better overall.

What do you have now?
Old 05-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Originally Posted by RPOWU8
I have the ZR1/Z06 Extreme Fusions on my LS3 A6 car. Maybe a little too far but I live down here in Valley Center.

Hopefully you can find someone closer, but your welcome to come down if you want.

Love the sound except a little loud at idle for my taste.

DJ
Thanks, you are far, had to look that up! Hope you didn't get too smoked out down there.

Originally Posted by Streetk14
I had a set of the original 2.5" C6 Fusion mufflers, but I sold them when I went to ZR1 mufflers. The Fusions sounded nice, but with headers and a cam they were pretty damn loud. I kept the flaps closed most of the time, and even then there was a little drone at certain freeway cruising speeds. I thought the ZR1 setup was much better overall.

What do you have now?
Right now I have Z06 manis, downpipes, and H-pipe, but standard LS3 NPP. Had to use part of the LS3 H-pipe since LS7 H-pipes are shorter. So it necks the 3" down to 2 1/2" several feet sooner than the cans like the Z's. It's loud and sounds good when the NPP is open and at low RPM's, but I'm getting some brappiness at higher RPMs. Would like a deeper sound, but not really louder.

The problem with ZO6 bi-modals is they (supposedly) sound inferior to NPP until the 2011 revision - and try finding 2011+ ZO6 mufflers on the for sale forum. Not sure what the sitch is on the ZR-1 bi-modals, but I'd imagine them expensive and hard to find.

The B&B's are 3" all the way through the cans, so better flow, deeper sound. But if they are too loud, I'll probably just try to find some 2011 or later Z06 cans...
Old 05-23-2014, 09:35 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Yep...B&B fusions, x-pipe, stock manifolds/cats, stock motor. Love the sound!
Old 05-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvettinator
Thanks, you are far, had to look that up! Hope you didn't get too smoked out down there.

Right now I have Z06 manis, downpipes, and H-pipe, but standard LS3 NPP. Had to use part of the LS3 H-pipe since LS7 H-pipes are shorter. So it necks the 3" down to 2 1/2" several feet sooner than the cans like the Z's. It's loud and sounds good when the NPP is open and at low RPM's, but I'm getting some brappiness at higher RPMs. Would like a deeper sound, but not really louder.

The problem with ZO6 bi-modals is they (supposedly) sound inferior to NPP until the 2011 revision - and try finding 2011+ ZO6 mufflers on the for sale forum. Not sure what the sitch is on the ZR-1 bi-modals, but I'd imagine them expensive and hard to find.

The B&B's are 3" all the way through the cans, so better flow, deeper sound. But if they are too loud, I'll probably just try to find some 2011 or later Z06 cans...

With the Z06 manifolds and cats, the Fusions would probably be a good choice. I don't have any experience with the new "extreme" version, but I've heard they're louder when open but quieter when closed vs. the original Fusions that I had. I thought those were only for Z06/ZR1 applications though.

The 2011+ Z06 mufflers are identical to the ZR1 cans from what I know. They're out there for sale if you keep your eyes open. I ran them on my car with ZR1 manifolds & cats + a Corsa X-pipe, and that was a very nice setup. Maybe a little too quiet for my taste, but probably perfect for a DD. I later installed Pfadt headers, and then the ZR1 mufflers were perfect.

I'm not sure what your plans are, but I have some exhaust parts sitting here that I've been undecided about. I have that Z06/ZR1 Corsa X-pipe, ZR1 manifolds & cats, Z06 cats, a set of 2008 Z06 mufflers w/ muffler-mod done, as well as a set of catted 1 7/8" Pfadt headers for an '09+ C6.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in anything.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Since the B&B's ae likely too loud, even closed, I'll probably go with the 2011 Z06 X-pipe and cans. 2011 is the only X-pipe year with no cats on the midpipe, and supposedly the cats alter the dimensions of the midpipe, so don't want to try to mix-and-match.

Might even buy them new from GM Parts House.

Would still like to hear those B&B's in person though.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:14 PM
dapopa9
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Im in San Diego and have the BB Fusion. hit me up if you are down here and want to hear it
Old 06-03-2014, 08:30 AM
ludicrous speed
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have BB fusions on my c6 z06. I really like them, little drone around the 1500 rpm mark but not to bad. I originally had the H pipe but changed out to BB X pipe, helped the drone a little. I'm in South Orange County if you would like to hear? pm me

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone in SoCal have B&B Fusions?

Quick Reply: Anyone in SoCal have B&B Fusions?