Southern California Southern California

Another Thumbs Up for American Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:36 AM
dwakeman
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Thumbs Up for American Heritage

Just got my car (07 z06) back from Kohle at American Heritage Performance in Harbor City. Kohle did an oil change, wiggle test and overall check up. All looks good and Kohle runs a great shop with top notch customer service. Great communications, explains things well, answers questions, just a great overall experience. Very highly recommended. Thanks Kohle!!!

Cheers,
Doug
Old 07-21-2014, 03:42 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

I wish these guys had been around when I first got my car. It was quite a search to find a local shop, and finally resorted to tips cadillac , a good local shop but not expert in corvettes.

I asked at a corvette body shop, he sent me down the street to a general repair GM shop that had a kind of corvette picture on the sign, so I was encouraged.

When I got a repair, they overcharged me and put scratches on the door which I could get touched up for free at the body shop that sent me there originally. The body guy wanted to skin the door to paint, and I decided the potential for electrical error was too much to risk, and I felt I might get worked for more cash.

I now have two marks where the guy opened my door into the lift post it was parked under to drive it out of the repair bay. The car came out and one of the owner brothers said it was not their fault but would send me down the street to correct it. The paint residue was still on both sides of the mark, but he asked the shop guy if he did it. Guess what he said. It was then he offered to send me to his buddy down the street. Not because he was responsible, he said it was just because he was a good guy.

I am not saying the guys were crooked. It is just that they work in an industry where abuse is common and I don't need a lot of aggravation as I go through life. I bailed on the situation and would rather live with a couple of faint scratches than go further down an unproductive road with either of these guys.

Last edited by strand rider; 07-21-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:11 AM
4wheels
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to hear another success story. From what I've seen, Kohle does good work & is easier to deal with than some other shops I checked out.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:28 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Hey Doug you have a great looking Z06. It was great doing business with you. Let me know if you ever need anything in the future.

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/Contact.html

Mr. Eliot, We have spoken on the phone before, next time you need service give us a shot. I can tell you we do not damage customers cars but if we ever did we sure would not tell the customer it was their fault. Candor is of the upmost importance in our shop.
Cadillac's go to a cadi shop, Corvettes go to a Corvette shop.

Get notified of new replies

To Another Thumbs Up for American Heritage

Quick Reply: Another Thumbs Up for American Heritage