Southern California Southern California

David Young Scam Alert- PM for more Information

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 05:00 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Years ago I quit buying or selling on Ebay as they simply will not manage the buyers and sellers to keep out the active criminals. I am sorry you got caught by this perp, and I am sorry that Ebay allows such criminals to actively use their site. But that is a problem with Ebay that us honest folk likely will never solve. I only buy and sell on very active forums such as this. You tend to be able to tell whoyou are dealing with by looking at their past posts and their site history. That is something that Ebays feedback system does not do well.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:08 PM
gm honcho
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MUKAK
post it here please
Dave Young
He's going by louis young on e-bay today. Daves Auto Oceanside Ca.
I just sold him a set of gm NOS lifters He's saying they are not the correct lifters in the box.
I thought this this guy was a P.O.S. before I even shipped them.Kept offering a lower price.
I might vacation in Oceanside soon! He's a horse thief.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:15 PM
gm honcho
5th Gear

Default David Young aka Louis Young

Do not sell to Louis Young , Daves Auto Oceanside CA.
If he makes a Purchase refund him right away. Do not ever ship him anything.
He is a horse thief.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:51 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Some day he will get his. It can't come soon enough for all the people he has screwed.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:58 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Don't forget to call the Oceanside Police and report the problem. They must have a long list of claims against this guy.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:24 PM
gm honcho
5th Gear

Today David Young is calling himself Louis Young on E-bay
User Name corleone_1945
Shipping address Daves Auto House
or Daves Auto
Old 09-21-2019, 04:31 PM
gm honcho
5th Gear

Originally Posted by gm honcho
Dave Young
He's going by louis young on e-bay today. Daves Auto Oceanside Ca.
I just sold him a set of gm NOS lifters He's saying they are not the correct lifters in the box.
I thought this this guy was a P.O.S. before I even shipped them.Kept offering a lower price.
I might vacation in Oceanside soon! He's a horse thief.
David Young New ebay user Id He must have many corleone_1945
Old 09-22-2019, 10:44 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Keep reporting him. Anyone tried consumer affairs?
Old 09-23-2019, 09:41 PM
gm honcho
5th Gear

Does anyone know who ebay user : davev02 IS

City and state are listed as bushnell fl
Old 10-13-2019, 02:51 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

Guys, a member just mentioned this scammers name to me today and it wasn’t familiar.

I see a couple threads in Southern California and one in Transaction Feedback from 2013.

Very few members on this site will see threads in geographic listings that’s outside their area.

May I suggest strongly that someone start a current thread in the Transaction Feedback section about this guy, so more members can hear about it? If he operates primarily on eBay his location does not affect his reach.

If he’s not operating here in the forum there’s not a whole lot the site can do, but I’d like to see his name and activity mentioned in Transactions Feedback, please.
Old 08-19-2022, 03:52 PM
Retired Dave
3rd Gear

Alas, he is still scamming. As a new E-Bay seller, he bought an NOS 1966 Corvette Gas Door Assembly from me. When he received it, he claimed the back of it was "corroded" and demanded an immediate refund while threatening to post a negative review on my account. The refund was issued however he never returned the part and has never responded to any of my emails.
I would never have thought to Google any potential buyer before completing a transaction. Hindsight being 20/20, a quick internet search of his name and establishment gave a long history of his modus operandi.
Beware of this man, he is no good.
Old 08-19-2022, 04:39 PM
DavidYoungScammed
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What EBay user name did he use with you?
The following users liked this post:
teds427 (04-14-2024)
Old 08-19-2022, 04:55 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

What address is he currently using?
Old 08-19-2022, 05:17 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

Dang I remember reading the start of this from 5 years ago.

Don't understand why people would rather scam than be legit. Must be a high for him or whoever is running the account.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:18 PM
Retired Dave
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by DavidYoungScammed
What EBay user name did he use with you?
User name used was: davesautohouse

Buyer name listed was: Louis Young

Shipping address given was: Dave Young

2435 Industry St, Ste A

Oceanside, California 92054-4862

United States
Old 08-20-2022, 02:35 PM
mkel2010
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick_02!
So yeah, I called the Oceanside Police.
There is nothing that they can do, since he is scamming eBay, this is a civil matter with them and since I am in a different state there is nothing that they can do anyway, it has to be through my local police department, that is what they told me.
The officer on the phone was actually really sad about the situation, legally they do not have the power to do anything; this is the way the modern day world in America works... I guess; crooks are "victims" and real victims receive no justice.

So here is my advice to anyone dealing with him:

Just process the return, report the buyer through eBay.
Wait for him to send/not send the item and process a fraudulent return later.
You will get your money back, I assume.

I will report back what happens.
What you were told by whomever you spoke to at Oceanside PD is not entirely correct. It's not surprising you were told that, particularly in today's world. Most beat cops today, unfortunately, seem to want to go out of their way to avoid doing any work. I spent a number of years before I retired from LE on a task force in SoCal that investigated Internet and computer crimes (and continue to do so peripherally in retirement.)

If you have a case where the seller flat out takes your money and doesn't ship a product or the product is counterfeit, or the item sent is completely misrepresented as to condition or value, then there is a crime. Here's what I suggest:

File a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center at https://www.ic3.gov/ . It is a Federal web site and copies of the complaints are sent to the agency where you live and where the suspect is located.

If you live in Oceanside, go to their office and politely ask to speak to a Sergeant or a Lieutenant. Take your documentation with you; print everything out if necessary, including any correspondence between you, the crook and eBay or other site involved in the transaction. You'll also want to show this guy is using multiple online identities for these transactions and how you linked them all to him. Again, this is if you bought something and he didn't ship or what you received is counterfeit or what you received is so obviously under valued or wrong that a simpleton could see the difference. And again, politely ask them to take a crime report if your scenario fits those parameters.

If Oceanside still refuses to take a complaint, and you live in San Diego County, then contact the District Attorney's Consumer Fraud Unit, as well as the CATCH team (https://catchteamca.gov/). CATCH is the task force I was assigned to and they should at least be able to advise further. I don't know how many cases they are actually handling now, but they should be able to help in a straight up fraud case. CATCH should also still be receiving copies of the Internet Fraud Complaints filed with IC3.

If you don't live in Oceanside, contact the local department where you live and go through the same process outlined above. Don't do it over the phone, but talk to someone in person.
The following 3 users liked this post by mkel2010:
95ZR1 (08-21-2022), MEZR (02-21-2023), SpectreOne (03-26-2024)
Old 11-11-2022, 02:33 PM
SStreet66
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread. He just bought an expensive 65 Only Air Cleaner from me today. I don't know if he was going to scam me but I didn't want to take the risk based on everything I read here. I cancelled the order. Thanks again Forum contributors.
The following 3 users liked this post by SStreet66:
95ZR1 (11-13-2022), Retired Dave (11-11-2022), sallen619 (11-29-2022)
Old 03-25-2024, 12:06 PM
Cheyenne Shortstep
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dave Young

Dave’s current location is 1147 South Santa Fe Avenue Vista Ca 92083. He has no affiliation with Tri City Transmission and will be getting evicted from the premises soon. I’ll keep you updated
The following users liked this post:
Retired Dave (03-25-2024)
Old 04-14-2024, 06:44 PM
david srour
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got scammed by this guy too. eBay sale of two NOS 1962 Corvette rocker panels in factory packaging. Dave of Davesautohouse won auction and paid in full through ebay.
Shipped panels in a 6 inch thin wall PVC pipe-fit perfectly well padded. Thought we were done. 5 or 6 days later get this somewhat threatening ebay message basically accusing me of misrepresentation saying panels were all scratched up, dinged, demanding refund.
I had the guys phone # 949-842-8630 to see what was up. He said they weren't damaged in shipping, just damage from mishandling over the years.. Offered a discount, but demanded full refund which I did through ebay.
After two weeks had not received return so called Dave and he said he was away for several weeks and would send when he returned. I kind of forgot about for a bit , but when I still hadn't received parts back, I called him again and he said he had given panels away since I had not sent return label or answered his messages (there were none )and some other BS. I called him out on this and he hung up. Then did quick search and found this thread and wanted to share my sorry experience.
Cant believe he's been doing this for so long. He has 100% + feedback on ebay.
He presently goes buy Davesautohouse on ebay and calls himself dave .His current cell phone # is 949-842-8630
Reported to ebay, wont hold my breath .
He has to be a sociopath to be able to live with himself..

Quick Reply: David Young Scam Alert- PM for more Information