Southern California Southern California

David Young Scam Alert- PM for more Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 01:21 PM
dwdw910
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default David Young Scam Alert- PM for more Information

Please spread the word on the this forum that David Young near Oceanside CA (SCAMMER) has been located and information can be provided to his shop location. This guy is a pathological liar and a fraud.

We know he has several people looking for him, possibly warrants, licence plate tags that do not match his name and he traffics cars and car parts- particularly Corvette parts.

We know where his shop is and hope to bring resolve to those affected and prevent any further misdoings.

PM for more information
The following users liked this post:
Greg Quirin (12-13-2020)
Old 08-07-2015, 05:03 PM
MUKAK
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

post it here please
Old 08-07-2015, 05:11 PM
dwdw910
4th Gear

Ok, will do. Give me a few days to go to the address to confirm it. Right now, we only know of someone who has been there. We will actually go to the address and confirm it via GPS.

This guy has caused problems for so many people that we know and its become my personal mission to help stop this guy from hurting others with his slippery snake antics.

I also have his personal information.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:52 PM
dwdw910
4th Gear

Ok guys. Here is his information to relay to the authorities and track down his fraud business. His name and birthdate may be fake as well. But the business address to his shop in Oceanside is absolute.

David C Young
DOB 04-05-1961
Current Cell Phone 760-851-6943

Current place of business
2435 Industry Street
Oceanside CA
Old 08-08-2015, 03:40 AM
fermag
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dwdw910
Ok guys. Here is his information to relay to the authorities and track down his fraud business. His name and birthdate may be fake as well. But the business address to his shop in Oceanside is absolute.

David C Young
DOB 04-05-1961

2435 Industry Street
Oceanside CA

David C Young
DOB 04-05-1961

2435 Industry Street
Oceanside CA
92054[/QUOTE]

Car shop address confirmed! he has one employee. For the people he scammed feel free to visit him and get your money back, retaliate, or talk to the authorities.

**Physical and Facial Description**
Caucasian
Height: 5'10
Grayish eyes
white spiked hair (about 1.5 inches length)

He drives a Red pick-up truck (Plate Number 8K01164) confirmed!

Old 07-16-2017, 05:57 PM
rpolk
2nd Gear

I would like to be in contact with anyone with information of fraud by David Young - Oceanside Ca. Concerning a Corvette part. rpolk42@gmail.com
Old 07-17-2017, 08:36 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

does he have a ebay username?
Just got ripped for 150 buying C4 parts hope its not the same guy parting them out
Old 07-17-2017, 09:12 PM
Medrivfast
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I just ran a Carfax from the License Plate posted. Here's what he drives
Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2017, 03:26 AM
DavidYoungScammed
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi - I used to restore old Volkswagens and don't know much about Corvettes, sadly. I have been selling off a stock of 1941 Buick parts for my dad and a neighbor asked if I'd mind selling his new in-box rear convertible latches for 1953-67 corvettes. And I got scammed by David Young exactly as described by others - he claimed the items were scratched and then sent back some used scratched units.

I appealed and won instantly, but I believe that he still got to keep the refund and eBay is eating the difference. This makes no sense, as he's been using the same address and the same "Lou Young" name the whole time. But I guess eBay knows how to read a profit and loss statement. As long as their bottom line is good, they will keep on enabling this guy. His current eBay ID is 1-owner-l-88-yenko

The address he uses appears to be going through a business called Oceanside Driveline. He uses "Suite A" and Oceanside Driveline is "Suite B" but from looking at photographs it appears to be all one business. And that would explain the volume he is running.

So I want to help take this guy down. I want to see him arrested (beaten bloody would be nice, but I'll settle for arrested). So has anybody tried contacting the Oceanside Police? I am in Seattle and it would be easier if there was somebody local to make the initial contact.

Regardless, just let me know how I can help.

Cheers,

Rob
Old 10-02-2017, 02:23 AM
DavidYoungScammed
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi - here are the current and past ebay IDs I have for this guy. Are there any others?

1-owner-l-88-yenko
1sunshineman
Davesautohouse
thefinecarcollection
youndave
The following 2 users liked this post by DavidYoungScammed:
sallen619 (10-03-2017), whalepirot (10-02-2017)
Old 02-20-2018, 06:58 PM
rustyjames
4th Gear

Hi Everyone,

I joined this forum just to chime in about this guy, Dave Young, AKA Daves Autohouse on ebay. He bought a Holley Corvette carb off me on ebay, that turned out to be a huge mistake on my part. The carb was missing the choke which clearly showed in the pictures I posted in the listing. He asked me several questions, but nothing about the missing choke. So, I send him the carb and a few days after he got it he emails me and says he's unhappy and insists that I buy him a choke. I said not going to happen, and to go ahead and file a claim with ebay and we'll let them figure it out. I was willing to refund, but was not going to allow him to shake me down for a choke. Well, he obviously needed the carb because he never sent it back, or filed a claim with ebay. He took the time to leave me negative feedback on ebay, the only time that happened to me after 17 years on ebay.

Granted, I should have mentioned the missing choke in the listing, but I was selling it for a friend and it's been so long since I messed with a carburetors it never entered my mind. And when the guy is asking questions like if there's any stiffness in the linkage, he'd ask about something as obvious as the choke. Anyway, that's my rant, didn't really cost me anything money wise, just wanted to pass on the heads up about this guy.

Regards and best to you all.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:00 AM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by rustyjames
Hi Everyone,

I joined this forum just to chime in about this guy, Dave Young, AKA Daves Autohouse on ebay. He bought a Holley Corvette carb off me on ebay, that turned out to be a huge mistake on my part. The carb was missing the choke which clearly showed in the pictures I posted in the listing. He asked me several questions, but nothing about the missing choke. So, I send him the carb and a few days after he got it he emails me and says he's unhappy and insists that I buy him a choke. I said not going to happen, and to go ahead and file a claim with ebay and we'll let them figure it out. I was willing to refund, but was not going to allow him to shake me down for a choke. Well, he obviously needed the carb because he never sent it back, or filed a claim with ebay. He took the time to leave me negative feedback on ebay, the only time that happened to me after 17 years on ebay.

Granted, I should have mentioned the missing choke in the listing, but I was selling it for a friend and it's been so long since I messed with a carburetors it never entered my mind. And when the guy is asking questions like if there's any stiffness in the linkage, he'd ask about something as obvious as the choke. Anyway, that's my rant, didn't really cost me anything money wise, just wanted to pass on the heads up about this guy.

Regards and best to you all.
Based on this guy's history you got off easy. At least that is in your favor.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:43 AM
rustyjames
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Vet Interested
Based on this guy's history you got off easy. At least that is in your favor.
Agreed, just not too happy about the negative feedback he left me on eBay. That's what inspired me to post my experience here, so others can be warned. I should also mention that he made me offers on the carb using those other eBay user ID's listed above.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:48 PM
rustyjames
4th Gear

Originally Posted by whalepirot
I trust you notified eBay about the outside offers? They were tough on that a few years ago.
Yes, I did notify eBay about him; so far I haven't heard anything back from them. From what I've read eBay usually doesn't care about the sellers getting scammed.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:22 AM
Nick_02!
4th Gear

I just registered because I also got scammed by the same buyer on eBay selling a carb!
My listing was https://www.ebay.com/itm/253646055958
Buyer ID:davesautohouse (976 )

He claims it did not have the floats in it, it did have the floats in it! the truck ran when I pulled it out. I even sold the thing as flipping " Broken and for parts" as it has been sitting for a decade!
I fought as hard as I could, eBay ended up deciding in the buyers favor. I am out $20 for both ways of shipping, another $7 in fees and the $45 price of the carb, all in all its well over the amount he paid and got for free plus my cost plus my time.
This Jerk is exploiting a loophole and keeps making money and free parts from it, this guy is a crook and I got screwed, I lost sleep over this.
I was laid off three months ago and have been supporting the house by selling all stuff on eBay; I have been selling on ebay on the side since 2002, fulltime now.
I am just trying to stay off food-stamps and out of the unemployment office, I cook all my food in bulk and turn off my A/C when I leave the house, this really hurts me.

Last edited by Nick_02!; 06-15-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:42 AM
Nick_02!
4th Gear

The Address, provided by eBay I shipped the item to is:

Dave's Auto
2435 Industry St Ste A
Oceanside CA 92054-4862
United States

He took 4 days to pay for the item and even got me to lower the price by re-listing it, his "secretary" was the one who pleaded the lower deal but I think that is false.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:12 AM
rustyjames
4th Gear

I hear you, I told him to send the carb back for a refund but he never did. To top it off he left me negative feedback. That was the first time I got negative feedback after 17 years on eBay. I complained to ebay but got nowhere. I couldn't even respond to his feedback. I'm sure more will get screwed by this guy, he seems to have no conscience, shame.
The following users liked this post:
Nick_02! (06-15-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To David Young Scam Alert- PM for more Information

Old 06-15-2018, 10:18 AM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Amazing how this guy keeps poping up. Someday he will get his but you wonder when because he always finds and exploits every loophole in the book.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:01 PM
Nick_02!
4th Gear

So I called eBay again, and again.
I got to the fraud detection center, they ran his username and found "nothing suspicious" and that he is "a normal eBay user".
They could not refund me, they have to wait to see if he ships the item, my money is in limbo for another 10 days, after they do that then they can issue me a refund if the item is not shipped back, or is damaged/missing incomplete/another item.

So this is how his scam works:
David buys an item, starts a return for some made up reason.
The item goes through eBays, automated return system which ultimately forces the seller to return the item no matter the circumstance.
eBay refunds David and he has the part/money.
He has to return the item, but it does not matter. eBay already refunded David so he gets to keep the cash no matter what, if he does not return it, or its damaged eBay refunds me.
eBay ultimately takes the hit for this, cash wise; this is how David Young of davesautohouse supports himself and frauds sellers and eBay of what I assume to be thousands of dollars.

The Oceanside Police departments phone number is (760) 435-4900 , that is what I am calling next,

Last edited by Nick_02!; 06-15-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:12 PM
Nick_02!
4th Gear

So yeah, I called the Oceanside Police.
There is nothing that they can do, since he is scamming eBay, this is a civil matter with them and since I am in a different state there is nothing that they can do anyway, it has to be through my local police department, that is what they told me.
The officer on the phone was actually really sad about the situation, legally they do not have the power to do anything; this is the way the modern day world in America works... I guess; crooks are "victims" and real victims receive no justice.

So here is my advice to anyone dealing with him:

Just process the return, report the buyer through eBay.
Wait for him to send/not send the item and process a fraudulent return later.
You will get your money back, I assume.

I will report back what happens.

Quick Reply: David Young Scam Alert- PM for more Information