Southern California Southern California

Selman Chevrolet in Orange County ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 03:29 PM
ZEEZERO-6
Melting Slicks

Received 107 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Selman Chevrolet in Orange County ???

My 2004 C5 Z06 was in an accident and needs body work / paint. They are an approved Mercury Insurance repair facility. Has anyone had work done there on their Vettes - any opinions ?

Private Message me if that will make you feel more comfortable about expressing yourself.

Thank you for your time
Old 03-15-2017, 07:38 PM
GLmajer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 118 Likes on 91 Posts

No. The one time I needed body work I went to Fountain Valley body works. I won't go there again. That was a mistake.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:40 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

They jacked up my C-6 for minor warranty work...NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!
Old 03-15-2017, 10:17 PM
ZEEZERO-6
Melting Slicks

Thanks Gents, I thrust your experiences and opinions. GLmajer, I first had to meet State Farm at a shop in Fountain Valley called Fountain Valley Auto Express ( I believe that is the correct name ? ) and the place was a pig sty, they will not work on my Vette. I was told that Selman was know for their Vette work but it is hard for me to trust a steeler-ship ?

I think I am going to European Motor Works has highly recommended by other Vette owners = http://europeanmotorcarworks.com/
Old 04-02-2017, 12:23 AM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by ZEEZERO-6
Thanks Gents, I thrust your experiences and opinions. GLmajer, I first had to meet State Farm at a shop in Fountain Valley called Fountain Valley Auto Express ( I believe that is the correct name ? ) and the place was a pig sty, they will not work on my Vette. I was told that Selman was know for their Vette work but it is hard for me to trust a steeler-ship ?

I think I am going to European Motor Works has highly recommended by other Vette owners = http://europeanmotorcarworks.com/
I have used them a number of times. Great place. I'm afraid I'm on a first name basis.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:31 PM
Sayfoo
Melting Slicks

Received 453 Likes on 353 Posts

My 2004 C5 Z06 was in an accident and needs body work / paint. They are an approved Mercury Insurance repair facility. Has anyone had work done there on their Vettes - any opinions ?

Private Message me if that will make you feel more comfortable about expressing yourself.

Thank you for your time
I used them and the quality of the work was very good.
But, I was not satisfied with their service advisor. I specifically asked, orally and by email, to have the replaced body parts saved. I even reminded them as the repairs went along. You can see this coming, can't you?
When I reminded them for the 5th or 6th time, I was told that the parts had disappeared, probably got thrown out on the weekend when they did their major cleaning. Yea, right. Straight to ebay? They claimed that they didn't have video camera coverage of the whole dealership.
They eventually waived my insurance deductible. I'm still irritated about this.
Also, it turned out that they have loaner cars available. Turns out my service advisor "forgot" to mention it to me till I saw the sign on the wall when I went to pick up the car.
I would probably use them again, but I'd have to watch them real close.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:34 PM
Rossi6998
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Old 12-11-2017, 12:17 PM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

After experience, I run like hell from insurance approved shops! USAA sucks, too!
Old 12-12-2017, 01:36 AM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

A couple of weeks ago I was in there. They no longer work on Vettes. Last job I had done with them one of the rear lights fell out. They missed the clip. It also seems the quality has gone down.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:35 PM
Randy G.
Race Director

Received 552 Likes on 378 Posts

Our 2007 Red Z06 was hit by a BMW that ran a stop sign. The right carbon fiber fender and door were involved. I asked Selman to replace both, and to paint the door and fender prior to assembling it like they would have done at the factory, and I wanted all the parts including the fender and door when they were done. When we picked it up there was no evidence that it had ever been hit or repaired. The color and color texture matched perfect. It was done when they said it would be, as well. And I had to bring my truck to take the fender and door home. I would use them again in a heartbeat. BTW, those carbon fiber fenders are very light weight.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:41 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Ive had good luck with Seidners Collision. They worked on my C5 and my Chrysler 300C. As with any body shop, I like to stay on top of them about things but Seidners is pretty good and puts a lifetime warranty on all their repairs.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:55 AM
ZEEZERO-6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rwpatte
A couple of weeks ago I was in there. They no longer work on Vettes. Last job I had done with them one of the rear lights fell out. They missed the clip. It also seems the quality has gone down.
Yeah they told me they longer work on Vetts when i went there, said Vette owners are too picky and never satisfied with the repairs. But as i started to walk out the door they said "WAIT we will work on yours though" (wtf). So based on their prior reputation and website claiming that they DO specialize in Vettes i gave them the work - BIG MISTAKE, it took me 6 months to get a fairly simple repair done and it had a wrapped hood and a run in the paint the first time i picked it up - they SUX !!!

They took the language off their NEW website about their specialization in Vette repair but if you scroll half way down proudly display the Vette FLAG - LIARS !!!! = http://europeanmotorcarworks.com/

Last edited by ZEEZERO-6; 01-23-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Selman Chevrolet in Orange County ???

Quick Reply: Selman Chevrolet in Orange County ???