cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default helendale, ca questions

Anyone know much about the area?

Crime?

Basic stores, medical etc

Saw some pool homes that were reasonable just curious for some info before driving hours out that way. Will still be hot but not AZ hot.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:35 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Looks to be like a 15-20 min drive from Victorville, with relatively nothing in between. I'd say everything you need will be a 15-20 min drive away, and as for crime...probably the same as Victorville, and you already know that scoop.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:03 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Thanks, spent the morning googling concluded the same
Sounds like a retirement type town which is fine but victimville a little too close for comfort
Too bad looks like some decent homes/community that probably brings the wrong types around at night.
The search continues...

Last edited by cv67; 07-14-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:05 AM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
The search continues...
I'm not too far behind you and part of my concern for future taxes and state budget isues is the state's credit rating, tempered by recent economic factors. It's also an indication of how well the state is run, and how much the pols agreed to give away to buy votes.

Example: N.Dak has a superb rating; not a huge surprise given the oil boom, which has already turned south, and the low population density.

Illinois made the news (zzzzzz), but many states, plenty are rust belters, are tagging closely behind. AZ is lots better and surely far above Kal.

Alaska is a big welfare state, due to massive giveaways to 'Natives'. that was a non-issue when oil prices and tax coffers were high. Now, and again, I see class warfare being fanned as they struggle to either cut bennies or raise taxes and fees; maybe even initiate income tax. NV has some similariites, related to gambling revenues.

Some otherwise high tax states don't tax retirement income. It ain't all property prices!

It ain't easy to solve, but the list shortens.

Get notified of new replies

To helendale, ca questions

Quick Reply: helendale, ca questions