Southern California Southern California

fraud - David Young

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 05:44 PM
rpolk
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fraud - David Young

I would like to be in contact with anyone for information of fraud by David Young. Oceanside Ca. Concerning a Corvette part. rpolk42@gmail.com
Old 07-16-2017, 06:38 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by rpolk
I would like to be in contact with anyone for information of fraud by David Young. Oceanside Ca. Concerning a Corvette part. rpolk42@gmail.com
Bump
Dont know who that person is. Hope everything ok.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:12 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ht=david+young

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lbrook-ca.html

Last edited by MTPZ06; 07-17-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Bacci
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rpolk
I will confirm Dave Young will screw you in a heart beat. EBay and PayPal don't seem to want to help collect money he owes me.

His PayPal payment for my EBay auctioned parts was kept in a "pending status" at PayPal due to an email address error in the EBay listing. He got my parts and then retracted the PayPal payment. He now has my parts and my money! His only answer to my emails is, "I paid you weeks ago", even though I told him I was aware that he retracted the payment.

He has a history of screwing people out of Corvette parts back to 2013. Active on EBay with ID davesautohouse. Real name is Dave Young with his business located in Oceanside, CA. Google search his name and the word fraud for more details of his past activity.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Bacci
Instructor

Default Fraud, Dave Young

Trying to bump to top.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Sorry for your loss. This guy has a history of screwing people. There are a few threads on this very subject. He knows how to manipulate the eBay system.

Last edited by Vet Interested; 09-07-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:23 AM
DavidYoungScammed
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi - I used to restore old Volkswagens and don't know much about Corvettes, sadly. I have been selling off a stock of 1941 Buick parts for my dad and a neighbor asked if I'd mind selling his new in-box rear convertible latches for 1953-67 corvettes. And I got scammed by David Young exactly as described by others - he claimed the items were scratched and then sent back some used scratched units.

I appealed and won instantly, but I believe that he still got to keep the refund and eBay is eating the difference. This makes no sense, as he's been using the same address and the same "Lou Young" name the whole time. But I guess eBay knows how to read a profit and loss statement. As long as their bottom line is good, they will keep on enabling this guy. His current eBay ID is 1-owner-l-88-yenko

The address he uses appears to be going through a business called Oceanside Driveline. He uses "Suite A" and Oceanside Driveline is "Suite B" but from looking at photographs it appears to be all one business. And that would explain the volume he is running.

So I want to help take this guy down. I want to see him arrested (beaten bloody would be nice, but I'll settle for arrested). So has anybody tried contacting the Oceanside Police? I am in Seattle and it would be easier if there was somebody local to make the initial contact.

Regardless, just let me know how I can help.

Cheers,

Rob
Old 09-30-2017, 03:58 AM
DavidYoungScammed
Heel & Toe

One more question - would it help if everybody that can files a report online, using the name and address and all other information? The only thing I'm not sure about is if I would have to file any report here in Seattle rather than in Oceanside. But since it is an automated system I suppose it couldn't hurt.

http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/gov/police/ors.asp
Old 09-30-2017, 01:54 PM
PeterMAX1
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default David Young

Even though E Bay ate it, you still need to "report buyer" to E Bay and explain what happen. The process that resulted in Ebay agreeing with you is a different process that will deal with him for doing this. Simply find the link "report buyer" and explain what happened and that he uses multiple names to do this.
The following users liked this post:
whalepirot (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 04:27 PM
Bacci
Instructor

Default David or Lou Young jerk!!

Originally Posted by PeterMAX1
Even though E Bay ate it, you still need to "report buyer" to E Bay and explain what happen. The process that resulted in Ebay agreeing with you is a different process that will deal with him for doing this. Simply find the link "report buyer" and explain what happened and that he uses multiple names to do this.
I filed a "report buyer" claim against David Young with Ebay a couple months ago. Mr. Pope also filed a "report buyer" claim because David Young did the exact same thing claiming that the parts were scratched and he returned different parts and got his money back. Obviously, EBay is not doing anything to stop this guy.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:55 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Given that everyone seems to know exactly where he is why hasn't he been taken care of?
Old 10-02-2017, 01:51 AM
DavidYoungScammed
Heel & Toe

Can people tell me what eBay ID he was using when he defrauded you? Mine was 1-owner-l-88-yenko. I understand there is at least one other.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:33 AM
Bacci
Instructor

Originally Posted by DavidYoungScammed
Can people tell me what eBay ID he was using when he defrauded you? Mine was 1-owner-l-88-yenko. I understand there is at least one other.
He used an error in the PayPal process to retract his payment after receiving my parts. He appears to have a great deal of experience at ways to screw people. Below is the info you requested.

EBuyer buyer: davesautohouse
Old 10-02-2017, 10:12 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

active on cl a lot dont bring this guy to your home if you like your cars

Ca...home of sanctuary to every lo life on the planet
Old 10-02-2017, 11:26 AM
DavidYoungScammed
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Bacci
He used an error in the PayPal process to retract his payment after receiving my parts. He appears to have a great deal of experience at ways to screw people. Below is the info you requested.

EBuyer buyer: davesautohouse
I know this doesn't help you at all, but it looks like the davesautohouse ID has been taken down, and I'm working on the rest as I have time.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:28 AM
DavidYoungScammed
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
active on cl a lot dont bring this guy to your home if you like your cars

Ca...home of sanctuary to every lo life on the planet
Thanks. If you have a moment, could you give me an example of some of his postings on CL? I was thinking about automating a regular post warning about him on CL and I can always learn more about him by seeing his posts and learning how to find more.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:06 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by pkincy
Given that everyone seems to know exactly where he is why hasn't he been taken care of?
Taken care of. Or...taken care of.

Get notified of new replies

To fraud - David Young

Old 10-02-2017, 02:48 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

if anyone that got scammed had access to his "biz" they are a fool not to try. Its legal to collect money...anyone notified fraud detecitves of some type?
Old 10-03-2017, 09:16 AM
PeterMAX1
Intermediate

Default David Young - The Feds WILL ACT - Do Your Part to help Others and Yourself

File a mail fraud case is he scammed you using the US Mail. Did you mail him money? Did he return defective parts using the US Mail? Anything involving the US Mail and his B.S. should be reported. If enough of us file complains they will act!!!!!Here is the link:

http://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx
Old 10-03-2017, 09:32 AM
PeterMAX1
Intermediate

To all who have complained, please post this message when you complete your Postal Fraud Complaint.

"Mail Fraud Complaint form submitted successfully.

Thank you for completing the form.

The information you provided will be entered into our national complaint system.

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service gathers data on mail-related crime to determine whether a violation has occurred. While we can't guarantee that we can recover lost money or items, your information can help alert Inspectors to problem areas and possibly prevent other people from being victimized. U.S. Postal Inspectors base their investigations on the number, substance, and pattern of complaints received from the public.

We ask you to keep all original documents related to your complaint. We will contact you ONLY if more information is needed."

Quick Reply: fraud - David Young