Southern California Southern California

Need info - local price/source clutch replacement

Old 11-11-2017, 01:40 AM
Blue Blood
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 59 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13, '15,'21

Default Need info - local price/source clutch replacement

Looking for recommendations and budget pricing for clutch replacement on my 2002 Z06. I’m located North OC.

Thanks, Clint
Old 11-11-2017, 03:18 AM
Ricks99FRC
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Blood
Looking for recommendations and budget pricing for clutch replacement on my 2002 Z06. I’m located North OC.

Thanks, Clint
When I replaced the clutch assembly in my 1999 FRC Summit Racing had the best price. All parts came in G M boxes with GM part numbers. Used a Zo-6 assembly. They offer free shipping on orders over $99.00 dollars you have the parts in three days if their Reno warehouse has it in stock
Old 11-11-2017, 09:09 PM
silver_viper_tb
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

American heritage performance put mine in. Kohle’s got good pricing and knows what’s up.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:55 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

The guy I bought my car from swears by a place called the corvette shop in costa mesa 714540 4381.

I tried asking around in my area, and was surprised how many people use the dealer. I found no local shop and went with J and D corvette, a bigger production shop with multiple bays, mostly working early cars. MY new local place is heritage performance , but haven't gone there. I had a local caddy place of known quality replace a blown radiator before I found my way.

I used aftermarket parts, so no guarantee on the work, was the only drawback. Given another shot , I would have planned a list of things to do with the car apart, as the labor is up there. I was told my rubber connectors, globules don't know the spelling, were good for another 40,000. Now, given the cost to put them in, I would have put in all rebuilt torque tube new rather than wear out the part and pay another thousand bucks labor in four years or so.

Get notified of new replies

To Need info - local price/source clutch replacement

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need info - local price/source clutch replacement