Southern California Southern California

Advice on Tuners, need to find a local tuner asap.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:43 AM
1 BLOWN V8
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advice on Tuners, need to find a local tuner asap.

First PM me.
Not hear to stir the pot.

I just had a New CPR motor installed and trans rebuilt from Chino Hills Transmission and the shop that was supposed to tune it, went out of business.

It's a C5 auto and want the best I can find to tune it.

Problems I had in the past with tunes where, start up and wanting to stall, running to rich and mostly at freeway speeds issues with it kicking down a gear at WOT.

PM some input, Thanks
Old 12-20-2017, 01:24 PM
Dennis Wilson
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Cms

Last edited by Dennis Wilson; 12-20-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:11 AM
donald4972
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
First PM me.
Not hear to stir the pot.

I just had a New CPR motor installed and trans rebuilt from Chino Hills Transmission and the shop that was supposed to tune it, went out of business.

It's a C5 auto and want the best I can find to tune it.

Problems I had in the past with tunes where, start up and wanting to stall, running to rich and mostly at freeway speeds issues with it kicking down a gear at WOT.

PM some input, Thanks

Head straight south, to Murrieta, to Cunningham Motor Sports (CMS).
Old 01-09-2018, 03:23 AM
dave1234
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I went to church automotive tuning after cms bumped me from the schedule twice. I recommend church.
Cms has all these videos they put out online with their phone number, and then you call in and they tell you to hang up, and fill out the form on their website. Then they send you an email that says to call in. Then the guy wants to debate about if you have the authorization to schedule a tune, then they get crabby on the phone as I’m explaining the symptoms of my car, then they require a deposit to hold the dyno in case you back out.... then they bumped me from the scheduled day and set a new appointment, then bumped me from the schedule again. Wanted to know what day for a 3rd appointment and I told them x day, they said “no can do, pick another day”
I said fine I’m done, can I have my $150 deposit back that I gave you months ago. I’m not going to beg to get a tune.

At church, he spent a lot of time and got everything perfect. No drama, no complications like the chicks at the other place. They did my c6z over the summer after some motor work at American heritage and now my cammed ls3 c5z after a fresh motor. I’m never giving a nickel to cms. Life’s too short to deal with crazy. American heritage all the way

Last edited by dave1234; 01-11-2018 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:39 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Church is a good tuner and has more tune credits to his name than any other tuner in the country.

OP give us a call and we would be glad to talk with you a bit about your question.

310-326-2399

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
Old 01-11-2018, 12:20 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by dave1234
I. Life’s too short to deal with crazy.
I had your problem but with church. I think all those guys get randomly slammed and while great tuners can't handle their own success when they get too many phone calls. I think with any of the big 3 turners around you gotta get lucky. Sometimes they treat you like their best friend other times I'm just gum on the bottom of their shoe. Everyone of us goes crazy when we have too much work.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:37 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
I had your problem but with church. I think all those guys get randomly slammed and while great tuners can't handle their own success when they get too many phone calls. I think with any of the big 3 turners around you gotta get lucky. Sometimes they treat you like their best friend other times I'm just gum on the bottom of their shoe. Everyone of us goes crazy when we have too much work.
Well Said

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/

Last edited by American Heritage; 01-11-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:59 PM
R.c. Ness
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I’m late (again), but I had some good results with Excelsior tuning my C5Z. Their dyno is awsome. http://www.corvetteonline.com/news/e...s-up-the-heat/
Attached Images   
Old 03-28-2018, 03:47 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

CMS

'Nuf said.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:28 AM
Richor
CF Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dave1234
I went to church automotive tuning after cms bumped me from the schedule twice. I recommend church.
Cms has all these videos they put out online with their phone number, and then you call in and they tell you to hang up, and fill out the form on their website. Then they send you an email that says to call in. Then the guy wants to debate about if you have the authorization to schedule a tune, then they get crabby on the phone as I’m explaining the symptoms of my car, then they require a deposit to hold the dyno in case you back out.... then they bumped me from the scheduled day and set a new appointment, then bumped me from the schedule again. Wanted to know what day for a 3rd appointment and I told them x day, they said “no can do, pick another day”
I said fine I’m done, can I have my $150 deposit back that I gave you months ago. I’m not going to beg to get a tune.

At church, he spent a lot of time and got everything perfect. No drama, no complications like the chicks at the other place. They did my c6z over the summer after some motor work at American heritage and now my cammed ls3 c5z after a fresh motor. I’m never giving a nickel to cms. Life’s too short to deal with crazy. American heritage all the way

I had the same thing happen with CMS, I described the problems I was having, towed the car all the way there and got a call 5 hours later that they are too busy to work on my car and it would take too much work to diagnose everything.

I loaded the car on a truck, took it to a&A and ended up doing 20k+ worth of mods to the car. CMS's loss. I will never go there again.

I don't doubt they are great at what they do but they are quite arrogant and think they are doing you a favor by working on your car and taking your money.

Last edited by Richor; 03-29-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Advice on Tuners, need to find a local tuner asap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice on Tuners, need to find a local tuner asap.