Southern California Southern California

No front plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 03:52 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Having no front plate saved me a $300 moving violation one time. Was in heavy traffic in all lanes cruising home one night after work in my C4. The very slow left lane turned into a very slow diamond lane and I didn't realize it. Got stopped by a motorcycle cop. Turned out he was a Vette owner and had bought his from the same guy that sold me my Vette's and sponsored my racecar. After all that talk he said "hang on." Walked up front and saw no plate and that is what he wrote me for. Temporarily put on a plate and found a local officer who signed off on it and I was done with that problem. So it is not guaranteed to be an all bad thing.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:22 PM
smurfmacaw
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by caskiguy
Add states that it only works on base model Corvettes. GS and Z06 owners are out of luck.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:41 PM
MacRoadie
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

I got one of these and keep the front plate mounted to it in my garage. Used one before for my BMW Z4 when I got a fix it ticket. Threads into the recovery hook bolt hole. Even put a nice Z06 frame around the plate to make it look even more permanent. Some jurisdictions won't allow you to repeatedly pay the fine without proof of correction, so I figure I'll "fix it" the first time and have the option open to not fix it later.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:27 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

I keep mine with the plate mounted on it in the trunk. Then I can have the officer writing me the ticket also sign off on it. But the Convertible has a real trunk.

Quick Reply: No front plate