Southern California Southern California

Camarillo Autocross with SpeedLimit: March 11

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 04:55 PM
CA_WxMan
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

FYI - This Sunday happens to be the last day of Girl Scout Cookie sales.

My daughter will be setting up a table for a few hours to take care of anyone that gets the pre-lunchtime munchies, or that just wants to stock up on Thin Mints, Samoas, and Peanut Butter Patties before the sales end for the year.

They're $5.00 per box, but for you guys, she'll probably offer you her special deal of 4 boxes for $20.00.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:46 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by CA_WxMan
FYI - This Sunday happens to be the last day of Girl Scout Cookie sales.

My daughter will be setting up a table for a few hours to take care of anyone that gets the pre-lunchtime munchies, or that just wants to stock up on Thin Mints, Samoas, and Peanut Butter Patties before the sales end for the year.

They're $5.00 per box, but for you guys, she'll probably offer you her special deal of 4 boxes for $20.00.
Who could pass up such a deal

DH
Old 03-10-2018, 11:14 AM
CA_WxMan
Racer

I've looked at a couple of our forecast models and it looks the most likely window for rain is 11AM Saturday to 8AM Sunday, with the majority of it from 4PM Saturday to 4AM Sunday.

So we might be okay,unless some showers come through later on Sunday, but we'll definitely be starting with a wet track in the morning.

I'll be looking again tomorrow and Friday to see how the timing changes as the models update.
I meant to update this yesterday, but got caught up by a red puddle growing under my car
It turned out to be a leak from the around the speedometer drive gear. Of course, none of the auto parts stores had them in stock, so a big thank you goes out to the guys at Steve's Transmission in Oxnard for setting me up with new ones and giving me a tip on making them work better.

Now for the rain - It's already raining this morning in the hills/mtns around VTA/SBA counties and the radar shows it moving into Oxnard/Camarillo 9-9:30AM.
It will steadily increase, with the heaviest rain from 12-1:00PM until 9PM. Then it will taper off after 11PM and stop by about 2-3AM.

Tomorrow there will still be scattered showers in the hills/mtns, but only a slight chance of precipitation in Camarillo.

Here's a radar shot from 8AM

Old 03-10-2018, 09:00 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

I meant to update this yesterday, but got caught up by a red puddle growing under my car
It turned out to be a leak from the around the speedometer drive gear. Of course, none of the auto parts stores had them in stock, so a big thank you goes out to the guys at Steve's Transmission in Oxnard for setting me up with new ones and giving me a tip on making them work better.

Now for the rain - It's already raining this morning in the hills/mtns around VTA/SBA counties and the radar shows it moving into Oxnard/Camarillo 9-9:30AM.
It will steadily increase, with the heaviest rain from 12-1:00PM until 9PM. Then it will taper off after 11PM and stop by about 2-3AM.

Tomorrow there will still be scattered showers in the hills/mtns, but only a slight chance of precipitation in Camarillo.

Here's a radar shot from 8AM

We had a great day today. I didn't notice any rain !

Tomorrow should be even better .........

DH
Old 03-11-2018, 10:32 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

My anti-rain dancing all week paid off and we had a beautiful short sleeved sunny day. The usual suspects were there and everybody drove well and had a great time. Tim ruled the day, no one was really close. I was a little more competitive with my Corvette brothers today

Here is my best time of 36.44

Donny Driving New Spec Corvette for first time track shake down

DH
Old 03-12-2018, 08:27 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Another good track design. I need to get out there again. Nice driving DH.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:15 PM
wtb-z
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
What keeps me coming back is that Casey always finds something fresh to do with the runway.

And while they are very accessible courses (as defined by the low cone count we can all observe), they always manage to incorporate some advanced elements. That pinched off exit at 0:14 of DH's video is classic SCCA. And it is right there in our friendly local** AX.

**Camarillo is a 40 mile drive, but my understanding is that this is "local" by LA area standards

Last edited by wtb-z; 03-12-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:52 PM
wtb-z
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

And this is my effort, I did manage to edge out Donny, who was driving a borrowed car.

A bit choppy on my part on the way out, 3rd gear fun on the way back in.

Last edited by wtb-z; 03-12-2018 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:53 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
Thanks Steve. And hope you do come out for next one. Don't know when that will be yet

DH
Old 03-12-2018, 11:57 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by wtb-z
And this is my effort, I did manage to edge out Donny, who was driving a borrowed car.

A bit choppy on my part on the way out, 3rd gear fun on the way back in.

https://youtu.be/RrDuCE7iJNQ
Not bad for a youngster

DH
Old 03-13-2018, 03:04 AM
CA_WxMan
Racer

We had a great time again yesterday. Each time I've been out I feel like I've learned something and improved a bit.

Thank you to everyone that bought Girl Scout Cookies from Brittany.
Also, thank you to all the folks that let Samantha and Nicholas ride with them.
My son Nicholas rode with Tim as he laid down a 33.49 second pass and when they came to a stop, Nicholas was grinning as wide as the helmet would allow.

Quick Reply: Camarillo Autocross with SpeedLimit: March 11