Southern California Southern California

Attn: Socal drag racers

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 10:23 AM
dieselracer
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Attn: Socal drag racers

Looking for drag racers in the San Diego area. Racing takes place at Racelegal.

We are trying to get two Top ten list for Racelegal. True Street and Outlaw street. We are on Facebook group (Racelegal Street Kings) and Instagram @racelegalstreetkings. or pm me for more information if you are interested in being a part of the list.

At one point the True street list had 6 Corvettes on it. The street outlaw is brand new and hope to get it started soon.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:33 PM
2009CSR #45
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What constitutes someone running in the outlaw division?? I've been out of the game for 15 + years now.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:21 AM
dieselracer
Instructor

Outlaw is the what we decided to call this 2nd class. The rules allow for more modifications that we wouldn't consider true street. Such as ladder bar or 4 link suspension, The exhaust doesn't have to go past the fire wall. It can exit anywhere. We are trying to draw up interest see if we can get that class going.

The True street had been touch and go. We would get a full list. Then usually the slower guys will drop off as they mod the car in hopes to come back faster. Or they drop off because they feel they can't keep up with the top guys.

I am hoping we can get more committed people to join. Some people don't like racing at Racelegal because its not a real track, its a parking lot, They do prep a little bit, but traction is hard to come by. I have taken it as a challenge to make my car hook under those conditions. It funny to see how much money people will spend to add power to a car, and then cheap out when they need to buy tires or do suspension mods for better traction. We like the the fact that its only an 1/8th. So you don't necessarily need to have the most horsepower. But if you have the traction you can take on cars with much more horsepower. Make it very fun and very competitive.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:58 PM
tireshredder
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I've been to racelegal in SD a few times to watch and I ran the Vette there once. I had a hard time getting traction for sure. It was fun though
Old 02-23-2018, 10:58 AM
dieselracer
Instructor

Originally Posted by tireshredder
I've been to racelegal in SD a few times to watch and I ran the Vette there once. I had a hard time getting traction for sure. It was fun though
That is the best part. You have to work hard to get traction there. Its what we like to call the equalizer. It keeps races exciting.

Get notified of new replies

To Attn: Socal drag racers

Quick Reply: Attn: Socal drag racers