Southern California Southern California

Self car wash near Orange County?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 07:00 PM
GS18
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Self car wash near Orange County?

Hey guys,

Recently got my hands on a Corvette and I was wondering if anyone know of any car washes where I can actually wash the car myself? I recently moved to California and live in an apartments complex and don't have friends with houses in the are. I've tried looking online but have not had much luck thus far. Not looking for a "hands free" wash but rather a bay with a hose where I can park up and wash the car for 30-40 minutes.

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2018, 02:54 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by GS18
Hey guys,

Recently got my hands on a Corvette and I was wondering if anyone know of any car washes where I can actually wash the car myself? I recently moved to California and live in an apartments complex and don't have friends with houses in the are. I've tried looking online but have not had much luck thus far. Not looking for a "hands free" wash but rather a bay with a hose where I can park up and wash the car for 30-40 minutes.

Thanks!
Not sure where you are in OC, but "Mission Viejo Car Wash" on Center drive (across from Home Depot) is exactly the setup you're looking for.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:10 PM
Cheech Wizard
Le Mans Master

Location: Orlando, Florida, MY Corvette is BEST Corvette because MID-ENGINE!
Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks!
Orange County covers a large area. What city are you in?
Old 04-09-2018, 10:12 PM
GS18
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry, I'm in Irvine but I'm willing to drive! haha
Old 04-10-2018, 01:49 AM
Cheech Wizard
Le Mans Master

Location: Orlando, Florida, MY Corvette is BEST Corvette because MID-ENGINE!
Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't believe there's any coin-operated car washes in Irvine, but here's map links to 3 self-service washes in Tustin I've used frequently...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A+...4d-117.8208724

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Co...!4d-117.823625

Last edited by Cheech Wizard; 04-10-2018 at 01:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GS18 (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 04:49 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

If you're near the Spectrum in Irvine, the one I mentioned below is about a 15 min drive south of you.

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Not sure where you are in OC, but "Mission Viejo Car Wash" on Center drive (across from Home Depot) is exactly the setup you're looking for.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:24 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

If you park outside you get a free wash every early morning until it gets warm. At 50-55 and below at dawn the dew is heavy in cars parked outside. I towel my DDer which is parked outside every morning about 5:30. Lots of fresh clean dew on the car and it towels down enough to completely wet two bath towels. The other trick i have done is completely Ceramic Coat that car. Even sitting outside and driving every day I never need a real wash except after I have driven in the rain. With the coating dirt and dust just don't stick to the car, so a simple wet toweling cleans it completely.

Now all that will go away as it warms up.

Get notified of new replies

To Self car wash near Orange County?

Quick Reply: Self car wash near Orange County?