NYC to SoCal - Shop Recomendation for turn key CARB build for my FRC

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 08:46 AM
Mirek
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Default NYC to SoCal - Shop Recomendation for turn key CARB build for my FRC

Finally !!

Relocating to LA in July and will be shipping my modified C5 (in storage for the last 12 YEARS) to California. Ideally, directly to the door of a TRUSTED shop that can be recommended to get my car CARB legal and running perfectly. Probably looking at a full engine replacement (Superchaging an E-Rod crate seems to be the best option).

I know Mamo is building motors out there too but I KNOW I have some electrical issues at this point and need competence in that area as well.

Any suggestions ? Looking to put myself in someone’s hands on this and not get ripped off. Car MUST pass CARB. Any part of California works since I am shipping.

Thanks for any suggestions boys. I am not replacing the car I would rather pay to get it perfect.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

American Heritage Performance in Harbor City. Talk to Kohle and he will take great care of you. They get consistently great reviews from their customers (including me).

https://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
The following users liked this post:
Mirek (05-20-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 03:23 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Patches
American Heritage Performance in Harbor City. Talk to Kohle and he will take great care of you. They get consistently great reviews from their customers (including me).

https://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
Cant recommend Kohle and his team enough.
The following users liked this post:
Mirek (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 04:37 AM
Mirek
Burning Brakes

I reached out to Khole with my situation and he was straight forward, responsive and honest in the scenarios and solutions he presented me. After going back and forth with dozens of shops, I will be shipping my car to American Heritage and cannot thank you guys enough for the recommendation. I am so thrilled that I finally have a plan, and a good one at that !
Old 05-24-2018, 11:29 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Old 05-26-2018, 05:40 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Mirek
I reached out to Khole with my situation and he was straight forward, responsive and honest in the scenarios and solutions he presented me. After going back and forth with dozens of shops, I will be shipping my car to American Heritage and cannot thank you guys enough for the recommendation. I am so thrilled that I finally have a plan, and a good one at that !

You won't be sorry!
Old 08-23-2018, 09:31 AM
Mirek
Burning Brakes

Update: Jake (GM) and Khole at AHP are straight up great guys THANK YOU for the direction.
I met with them to discuss the details, got the car in the carrier and put down a deposit on a Darton Sleaved LS3 (440) build ideally with a 4inch stroke. No power adder so we will see what Darton can do/recommend but worst case I will go 4.125 (bore and stroke) rotating assembly and be done.

An aluminum 440 is just ridiculous and I want one, that said, the car must blow cold A/C with no idle drama in 100 degree heat in traffic so cam selection is key.

Also, doing an AHP ported “stealth” MSD Intake (new engine mounts required for hood clearance), AHP Ported LS7 T-Body, AHP reworked LS7 heads (my Decked AFR 205’s will soon be for sale, AHP will remove and ship) Dewitt’s Radiator & Fan kit, Upgraded Injectors, ARP studs, LS7 fuel rails, etc..... Gonna keep my original size LGM Longtubes.

BTR will spec the cam but I am totally open to any general or specific inputs on that...... car already has 4.10’s and weights 2,995 lbs. I get quench and compression but struggle with if I would need reliefs in the Pistons. Most stroker kits seem to have them. I want max compression and wonder if I should even deck the heads ?

Should be a monster no ? Hoping for 550+. Already specing brakes and suspention to keep it in line.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:08 AM
Jfryjfry
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

Those guys are a true class act and you won’t regret it.

On another note, how will that motor be smog legal?
Old 08-23-2018, 06:35 PM
Mirek
Burning Brakes

Decided to ship the car back to MI when completed.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:18 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

What is max compression? What head? lots to consider, do the math .Measure twice cut once.

aluminum 440 will be a blast. What intake are you going with?
Old 08-24-2018, 09:12 AM
Mirek
Burning Brakes

Sounds like we will go 434 (4,155) to keep the stroke at 4.00 for durability/reliability
AHP Ported LS7 & AHP Ported MSD intake was decided.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:17 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Much easier to smog a built motor in most other states. When I moved back to California from Nv and Az I sold all my built motor cars except one 383 that had CARB legal shorty headers. I hope you plan on spending some quality time in Michigan. Having a car rebuilt and being 2000 miles away would be a shame.

Get notified of new replies

To NYC to SoCal - Shop Recomendation for turn key CARB build for my FRC

Quick Reply: NYC to SoCal - Shop Recomendation for turn key CARB build for my FRC