Southern California Southern California

Anyone familiar with Olive View Hospital workings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 10:10 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Anyone familiar with Olive View Hospital workings?

Been fighting Cigna to get back surgery for over 4 yrs now, apparently their network Docs have the right to say "Dont wanna", only 1 ortho in network who is a dik.

Have recent MRI, was wondering if I could go to Olive View with it & see about getting it done. I was told by someone if you have health insurance they can refuse you (just for illegals and the uninsured), is this true?
Laser Spine institute in AZ will do it but out of network and dont have the 8k to get it done....need to get back to work.

Anyone know if my info Im getting is incorrect or not?
Cant afford to drop my current health insurance now in the middle of too many things.

Last edited by cv67; 06-19-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:34 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Been fighting Cigna to get back surgery for over 4 yrs now, apparently their network Docs have the right to say "Dont wanna", only 1 ortho in network who is a dik.

Have recent MRI, was wondering if I could go to Olive View with it & see about getting it done. I was told by someone if you have health insurance they can refuse you (just for illegals and the uninsured), is this true?
Laser Spine institute in AZ will do it but out of network and dont have the 8k to get it done....need to get back to work.

Anyone know if my info Im getting is incorrect or not?
Cant afford to drop my current health insurance now in the middle of too many things.
Im assuming you have a few herniated disk?
Old 06-19-2018, 03:49 PM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

Lumbar (which I will leave be) & thoracic which is out of control & continually gets worse, no choice but to chance surgery. Havent worked in over a year, was in a wheelchair for at least that long, whats to lose really?
Old 06-19-2018, 05:41 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Lumbar (which I will leave be) & thoracic which is out of control & continually gets worse, no choice but to chance surgery. Havent worked in over a year, was in a wheelchair for at least that long, whats to lose really?
i know the pain. I have 3 herniated disk myself, i understand the process and outcome of the surgery however im choosing not to get it.

Have you tried everything including spinal manipulation?

The thing that really helps me is stretching in a swimming pool. Having a really good doctor who examine you with a nerv-o scope will really help. Its like finding the hotspots.

lumbar radiculopathy is also very common. I can talk about the spine all day.

Last edited by My Vette Life; 06-19-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:11 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Is it by chance work related at all? or are you self employed?

One way is to drop the insurance - and say that you could not afford it anymore.

I have an artificial Disc in my L/4-L/5 and Spinal fusion with instrumentation, bone grafts, and and a whole lot more stuff in my L/3-L4 that just had to be done (July 19th, 2017) - however it is all work related.

Fusion in my C5 vertebra in my neck -

So I really understand the pain you are in -

Thanks,Matt
661-406-7516
Old 06-19-2018, 11:57 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Originally Posted by madmatt9471
Is it by chance work related at all? or are you self employed?

One way is to drop the insurance - and say that you could not afford it anymore.

I have an artificial Disc in my L/4-L/5 and Spinal fusion with instrumentation, bone grafts, and and a whole lot more stuff in my L/3-L4 that just had to be done (July 19th, 2017) - however it is all work related.

Fusion in my C5 vertebra in my neck -

So I really understand the pain you are in -

Thanks,Matt
661-406-7516
Now that's super ouchy. I always think of it as there's someone else in worse shape than me.

Quality of life can change while suffering with some sort of bone or nerve damage.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:22 AM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

I can recommend a Chiro doctor. I understand not everyone will agree with chiro treatment, heck even my own doctor laughed and said "why on earth would you want to do that?"

People also say the same thing about surgery

http://drrahim.com/

I choose Dr. Rahim because of proven results/Facts, he practices uses the gonstead method. His resume is also Top Notch & he's local.

There're good doctors and there're bad doctors, same applies to surgeons. I know, my dad is a victim of maul practice. Do your research and educate yourself on what to expect. Doctors do not tell you the herniated disc they cut out will grow back. In other words, you're going to be much more sensitive in those disk than before and can still cause herniation.

You definitely have a lot of scar tissue that needs to be broken up. I do aquatic stretching & exercise which helps the best. At times in the day while walking I can hear all the scar tissue just tearing and bones shifting. I slept on hardwood floor for 1 year and that felt great. Now I have a firm mattress that I sleep on which is ok and I use the "MY PILLOW" which was also great the first week for me.

Like I said I can talk about the Spine all day and night. I have a few years of studying in the medical field. You might not like what I have type that's ok, I believe knowledge is key and this may spark an interest or idea to anyone who reads this.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:04 PM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

matt pm me a good time to speak

Have tried everything, movement, excercise over the years its blinding pain even if you take something.

Floating in water is the only time I have 0 pain but within minutes its back. Aside from the damaed discs there is lots of arthritic growth and a king sized hemangioma behind it so its risky.
Those I understand are like the inisde of a golf ball, all blood vessels, one nick and you dont wake up. The Laser Spine institute sounds good, its non invasive, no rods, screws, walk in walk out.
Damaged it at work years ago, lost a 5 yr battle. Worked in a lockup facility, did one too many takedowns;it can get pretty physical. No matter how strong you are it takes very little to hurt the spine.

Any suggestions welcome, working is paramount-sitting at home doesnt really pay well. lol

Last edited by cv67; 06-20-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone familiar with Olive View Hospital workings?

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with Olive View Hospital workings?