Southern California Southern California

So Cal Corvette owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 03:49 PM
mmorse
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Default So Cal Corvette owners

having issues with my 2014 premier edition and my local dealer simply is incompetent when it comes to corvettes. i live in south orange county and am looking for dealer with a top flight corvette tech that can fix my car instead of giving me excuses. looking specifically for a dealer in orange county if such a dealer exists. thx
Old 06-21-2018, 04:19 PM
blkvet6
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mmorse
having issues with my 2014 premier edition and my local dealer simply is incompetent when it comes to corvettes. i live in south orange county and am looking for dealer with a top flight corvette tech that can fix my car instead of giving me excuses. looking specifically for a dealer in orange county if such a dealer exists. thx
I have used DeLillo (Hunt. Bch.) for literally decades for all my Corvettes through the years, and overall been very pleased with their service and technicians. They have sold and serviced Corvettes for decades, and know them well. My favorite Service Advisor is Philip Villegas, he's a straight shooter, has consistently done well by me.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:50 PM
EASonBASS
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 259 Posts

Been happy with Connell in Costa Mesa. Service writer I use drives a Vette. Don’t have his name handy though. Will update.

Last edited by EASonBASS; 06-21-2018 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 06-21-2018, 11:34 PM
mmorse
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blkvet6
I have used DeLillo (Hunt. Bch.) for literally decades for all my Corvettes through the years, and overall been very pleased with their service and technicians. They have sold and serviced Corvettes for decades, and know them well. My favorite Service Advisor is Philip Villegas, he's a straight shooter, has consistently done well by me.
are they on beach blvd?
Old 06-21-2018, 11:37 PM
mmorse
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by EASonBASS
Been happy with Connell in Costa Mesa. Service writer I use drives a Vette. Don’t have his name handy though. Will update.
they replaced the rings on my c5 z06 years ago. they tried to tell me they only worked on cars they sold but they took mine because it was a recall. hope they have changed that policy.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:24 PM
Poltergeist
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

What is the issue? Might help with who to recommend.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:54 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Stay FAR AWAY from Delillo! They have som really nice and helpful service writers but there mechanics are incompetent and walk all over the service writers. Nearly every time they thy worked on my cari ha to beg it back MULTIPLE times before the repairs were completed. One time one of the mechanics took my Corvette over to the DMV to get his registration renewed, and left the paperwork in the car. The final straw was when they tried to do a repair and after seven failed attempts they had GM cancel my warranty because I modified my car which caused the problem... which was a lie. I had to fight with GM for a month to get my warranty reinstated. GM had me take the car to Connell and they had the car fixed correctly the first day. I now only do business with Connell Chevrolet. I highly recommend you contact Max because he is the best service writer at Connell.

Charley
Old 06-26-2018, 11:41 AM
mmorse
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Poltergeist
What is the issue? Might help with who to recommend.
the screen keeps going blank or flickers and a service rear vision system message is displayed when i put the car in reverse. my local dealer said they only way they can find the problem is to replace parts until the issue clears up. that can get very expensive and result in several visits leaving me without transportation.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:27 PM
SouthOCBoy
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 99 Posts

I take it you're talking about Simpson?
Old 06-27-2018, 11:57 PM
Gio's C7
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 86 Posts

the screen keeps going blank or flickers and a service rear vision system message is displayed when i put the car in reverse. my local dealer said they only way they can find the problem is to replace parts until the issue clears up. that can get very expensive and result in several visits leaving me without transportation.
Many 14s do that including mine, Infotainment System was replaced and now everything works fine.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:29 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

If its not a warranty issue why go to the dealer?
We have owners ship their C6's to us from as far away as Maine, North Carolina, Florida and even Hawahii

Our technicians are some of the best in the country hands down.

give us a call
310-326-2399
or shoot us an email
parts@americanheritageperformance.com

https://www.yelp.com/biz/american-he...ce-harbor-city

https://www.americanheritageperformance.com/

Last edited by American Heritage; 07-03-2018 at 02:34 AM.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:20 PM
mmorse
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by American Heritage
If its not a warranty issue why go to the dealer?
We have owners ship their C6's to us from as far away as Maine, North Carolina, Florida and even Hawahii

Our technicians are some of the best in the country hands down.

give us a call
310-326-2399
or shoot us an email
parts@americanheritageperformance.com

https://www.yelp.com/biz/american-he...ce-harbor-city

https://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
i have a gm extended warranty and was told they wouldn’t cover it. then i found out they wouldn’t cover a reprogram but would cover anything else. a reprogram didn’t fix it so it must be something else. just looking for a good service dept.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:28 PM
mmorse
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gio's C7

Many 14s do that including mine, Infotainment System was replaced and now everything works fine.
the screen has been replaced once before. just hard to believe a five year old car would need a third radio.

Get notified of new replies

To So Cal Corvette owners

Quick Reply: So Cal Corvette owners