Southern California Southern California

GS Brakes Installed on My Base C6 and Gloss Black Rear Exhaust Diffuser (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 09:09 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Default GS Brakes Installed on My Base C6 and Gloss Black Rear Exhaust Diffuser (Pics)

First I want to thank Edwin and his son Angel for coming up to Palmdale to do the install of my parts for me and remove my C6 Z51 brakes and install all the new parts - it helps me out a lot since my last spine surgery (I just can't do nearly as much as I could in the past or desire to do )

History of the Brakes: I purchased a set of Used Grand Sport brakes and rotors and pads etc. from Chris and they were not in the best of shape due to the Vette that they came off of being a parts car (see pics, they don't even do them justice) - so I really cleaned them up and repainted them.

What I did to bring them back to life: I cleaned them thoroughly, removed the the single pads that came on them, bought new clips, bought ceramic quiet padlets (I don't track), bought the pad coating for the back of the padlets, GS/Z06 Stainless Braided lines, new rear discs (other ones were solid discs), new fluid etc. Fully repainted the calipers with Hi-Temp ceramic engine paint, Hand painted black the brake line that goes from one side of the caliper to the other (bottom side), cleaned all pad pins and painted the heads black, new Hi-Temp black decals - the works.

Edwin and Angel also installed my rear diffuser from C7 Carbon, which they made custom for me in Gloss Black (they only have listed Carbon Fiber, which I did not want)

I really appreciate all the clean and hard work that Edwin and Angel do, Edwin is the only other person besides myself that I will let repair or work on my Vette. It helped that I have a small lift in my garage to make the job somewhat easier.

Pictures: I will start with the old brakes and work to the new ones and then finally the diffuser!

Thanks,Matt

Rear GS brake with solid rotor (purchased new GS drilled rotor) These calipers were in bad shape, really dirty on the inside and top and backside. The rotors however are in excellent shape.

Thanks,Matt
The following users liked this post:
sallen619 (07-12-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 09:26 AM
Jon2kZ
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 120 Posts

Nice job, looks great!
Old 07-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Torch FRC
Safety Car

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Those calipers came out nice!
Old 07-12-2018, 12:40 PM
QuickSilverZ33
Instructor

Received 147 Likes on 45 Posts

Looks very clean, nice job
Old 07-18-2018, 10:59 PM
Edwin21
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the compliment Matt, I always enjoy working on your Vette, from the cam install to the brakes and suspension and more, I appreciate the work and the work on your other cars too ( your Saturn Vue, BMW 335i, and this Vette and your other Vette may it RIP).
Let me know if and when there is anything thing else that needs to be done that we talked about and when the factory warranty is up on your VW Jetta TDI (Diesel) I will do the work on that too.

Don't forget to tell Tyrone that I will get back with him on his fuel pump for his Vette and your other neighbor with the Silver C6 that we will be in touch.

If anyone else has any work that needs to be done you can PM me for my number and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks again.

Edwin”
Old 07-18-2018, 11:06 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Edwin21
Thanks for the compliment Matt, I always enjoy working on your Vette, from the cam install to the brakes and suspension and more, I appreciate the work and the work on your other cars too ( your Saturn Vue, BMW 335i, and this Vette and your other Vette may it RIP).
Let me know if and when there is anything thing else that needs to be done that we talked about and when the factory warranty is up on your VW Jetta TDI (Diesel) I will do the work on that too.

Don't forget to tell Tyrone that I will get back with him on his fuel pump for his Vette and your other neighbor with the Silver C6 that we will be in touch.

If anyone else has any work that needs to be done you can PM me for my number and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks again.

Edwin”
Hey Edwin,

You're very welcome buddy. I appreciate the help and expertise and your willingness to travel up to my house to do the work and various jobs on our different types of cars (for me most of all the Vette )

If anyone needs work I will be sure to pass along your number and put you in touch with them.

I have plenty more work for the future.

Thanks, Matt
Old 07-19-2018, 12:26 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by madmatt9471
Hey Edwin,

You're very welcome buddy. I appreciate the help and expertise and your willingness to travel up to my house to do the work and various jobs on our different types of cars (for me most of all the Vette )

If anyone needs work I will be sure to pass along your number and put you in touch with them.

I have plenty more work for the future.

Thanks, Matt
Let me just add that I know Edwin for many years. He has tons of experience working in some of our local performance shops. His work can be trusted, his fees are very fair and he can come to your location to perform needed repairs and upgrades. Just the ticket for some of us mechanically challenged owners !!!

DH

Get notified of new replies

To GS Brakes Installed on My Base C6 and Gloss Black Rear Exhaust Diffuser (Pics)

Quick Reply: GS Brakes Installed on My Base C6 and Gloss Black Rear Exhaust Diffuser (Pics)