Southern California Southern California

Anyone know a good local auto transport company?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 12:04 PM
Twistedpixels
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone know a good local auto transport company?

Need to get my car to Sandy UT and this is the worst time of year to ship a car since everyone is busy. I already have an order in with Intercity but they are 2-4 weeks out they said still. Called many other brokers and they are unable to help with anything sooner. I need to get my car there by the 13th or 14th. With all the big car shows and auctions this month and next month it is nuts. My car isnt running so that makes it even harder.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Chris Edwards
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Twistedpixels
Need to get my car to Sandy UT and this is the worst time of year to ship a car since everyone is busy. I already have an order in with Intercity but they are 2-4 weeks out they said still. Called many other brokers and they are unable to help with anything sooner. I need to get my car there by the 13th or 14th. With all the big car shows and auctions this month and next month it is nuts. My car isnt running so that makes it even harder.
Generally the way it works is a broker will put your pick up on "the board" and drivers see how much you are offering, and whether it is compatible with their route. Usually if they're driving say, from Seattle down to San Diego, they'll try and pick up orders along major freeways that are paying fair $ per mile. A broker's job is to advise what a fair price would be, otherwise the bid will sit on the board for weeks or months, since no one is willing to transport a car that cheaply. I can put you in touch with a transport friend who can put your bid on the board, and advise a fair price based on distance and proximity to freeways. Then, if you need the car picked up sooner, you increase your bid past the standard $ per mile and you'll get picked up quickly. Typically within 24-48 hours. He just helped me with this situation in March after I went on Google searching "auto transport companies" and got myself in a mess because the brokers underbid the order and after 2 weeks the vehicle still wasn't picked up.

Quick Reply: Anyone know a good local auto transport company?