Southern California Southern California

Body and soul damage

Old 10-15-2018, 05:58 AM
c5coast
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Body and soul damage

Here's the deal..took her to a shop for a flush and fill. Showed signs of high temp that wouldn't drop in stop and go. While sitting in the lot, mind you I had to make an appointment for service, she was hit by a delivery truck. Shop owner is a stand up guy, he's been my shop for years. Told me to take her to a shop for repairs. Not throwing stones, Shop replaced body panel and bumper. Fit and finish..so, so. Paint way off. Its Mag Red 2. Insurance Co. is giving me grief over the claim. Told me to take it back to the shop and have them make adjustments. I told them them if they, the shop, weren't able to do it right the the first time why would I give them a second chance. As I said fit is not good. Margins/reveals are way off. Paint is horrific. Being it's MagRed 2 should I press for a total spray. She's a garage queen so minimal fade. What would you do? Do I have a good stand for a complete spray? Insurance limbo, I can fight a good fight just need some advice. Am I being unreasonable?
Old 10-15-2018, 02:51 PM
GLmajer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 118 Likes on 91 Posts

Do NOT accept it as is. They have not even met your expectations of a proper repair job. Either take it back or find a shop that knows what they are doing with Corvettes fit and finish properly.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:58 PM
c5coast
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crickets, Taped her up for our anniversary vacation to Carmel By the Sea with a cruise down PCH 1 as it had just reopened. With a band aid we had a great trip. Lost my co-pilot in life two weeks later.. The car was in the shop at the time. I'm so f'n pissed. I want some sanity restored. Feel like i'm being jerked.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:59 PM
NONN37
Melting Slicks

Received 239 Likes on 198 Posts

what parts were replaced? how far off is the color?
post pics. it is hard to match paint when panels butt up against each other. it is usually blended to the next panel.
They need to know how to tint the paint and do multiple sprayouts with different coats/tints/bases to get the best match.
its very time consuming and most insurance jobbers wont spend the time/money to do all that work so you end up with slightly off panels.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:53 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,105 Likes on 706 Posts

I would give them a shot at fixing it. If they blow it a second time, you have a right to demand more.
Everybody makes mistakes. Give them one chance to correct to poor workmanship

Get notified of new replies

To Body and soul damage

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Body and soul damage