Southern California Southern California

Wheel Painting or Powder Coating: Thousand Oaks

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 06:26 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Default Wheel Painting or Powder Coating: Thousand Oaks

Any recommendations for a reputable shop thats near 91320 ???

DH
Old 02-15-2019, 07:52 PM
c6don
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out Wheel Concepts in Camarillo 805-376-2113. I had them repair some curb rash on my wife's polished Cadillac wheel and did a awesome job. I think they may do what you need.
Don
Old 02-15-2019, 11:04 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by c6don
Check out Wheel Concepts in Camarillo 805-376-2113. I had them repair some curb rash on my wife's polished Cadillac wheel and did a awesome job. I think they may do what you need.
Don
Thanks
Old 02-17-2019, 06:41 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

California Chrome4
24850 Rockefeller
Valencia, CA
661-294-0170
Calchrome.com

Pictured is a set of TSW Nurburgring wheels that I had custom powder-coated with Calchrome's Graphite Grey fusion powder-coating process. These started out with mirror-cut faces and I had Calchrome finish them with their durable and ultra-smooth fusion process. The entire face and barrel on each wheel is powder-coated for total protection and a beautiful finish.

Calchrome did the mounting/balancing and only uses the latest Hunter mounting and road-force balancing equipment to ensure zero mounting marks and perfect wheel/tire balance. I had new GM tire pressure sensors mounted at the time the tires were mounted.

These TSW's and Michelin's were bought new a couple of years ago when I was looking to go to an aftermarket setup. I upgraded to a wider set of wheels/tires now that I'm running more power from an A&A setup.

I have used Calchrome ever since - they have never put as much as a micro-scratch on my wheels - my current HRE's run about $10k for the set and I would not trust anyone else to mount tires or repair them except HRE.

The powder coat job they did on my TSW's was nothing short of perfection. Their prices are great, too. And, they will pic up and drop off your wheels for FREE if you are anywhere near their territory (call and ask). I always load my wheels/tires in the SUV and bring them to work and Diego, their delivery guy, comes and picks them up from my work location in Irvine. I text Diego and he lets me know when he'll be in my area - usually within a day or so - and he comes by and picks up and drops off in his Calchrome van. Very convenient and I always know they are in excellent hands. In fact, they just swapped a new set of 325 Pirelli's on my 12" HRE rears and will be delivering the fronts with new 285's this week. They had to do a small repair on the front right due to a major pothole incident on the Ortega a few weeks ago that destroyed the tire and scratched the edge of the wheel.. They spent a lot of time making sure the finish matched the original HRE finish - not a small task.

Here are some pics of the TSW's after Calchrome PC'ed them and mounted new tires.

Last edited by Patches; 02-17-2019 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:14 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Thanks for the tip. They look great and nice color for your car.

DH

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel Painting or Powder Coating: Thousand Oaks

Quick Reply: Wheel Painting or Powder Coating: Thousand Oaks