Southern California Southern California

Looking for a Chrome Replating shop in Orange County

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 10:47 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Looking for a Chrome Replating shop in Orange County

Hi all. Been a while since I have posted anything locally but life stuff is keeping me busy. I bought a matching numbers 1971 Stingray I am restoring and have a number parts I am looking at getting re-chromed. My understanding shops in San Berdo and Riverside County just send them out to OC or LA county anyways. Anyone know of a shop that is reasonable on price in the OC? There is a place in Upland that has terrible reviews and his price was way over the top on their "ballpark price".

I'm looking at plating the Front Fender Side Vents, Rear License Plate Part above the license plate (or what ever its actually called) and a couple of other parts done as well.

Thanks in Advance. Bill
Old 04-21-2019, 09:27 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

finding any decent plating in ca is a challenge...let me know who you find need a few pieces done. Stay awayfrom van nuys plating...the worst!!
Old 04-24-2019, 08:06 PM
PeteJacobs
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had all 5 of my bumper pieces done by Alan and they turned out unbelievable, but $$$
He does every type of plating you can imagine and he has a huge shop that stretches an entire city block and is southeast of downtown LA

General/Brite Plating

1313 Mirasol st
Los Angeles, Ca 90023
Office: (323) 263-7593 Ext 112
Old 04-25-2019, 07:22 AM
danzio56
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 90 Posts

Did you check out this place? Not OC but maybe closer to you in RC anyway and from the Yelp reviews and their website they look like a good source. I have no experience with them though.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:53 AM
NONN37
Melting Slicks

Received 239 Likes on 198 Posts

yeah. the prices are crazy. they always throw out what seems exaggerated prices especially small parts. I just end up finding better used originals or buy new stuff.
one explained to me that it is a litle bit better to get a bunch of stuff done because prices vary due to how much is in each rack. And they gotta fill up the racks to make it worth their time and run the process. they usually deal with clients that manufacture stuff in large quantities, anyway so they dont care if they dont get our business. sometimes you ask for quotes and they seem disinterested.
I use to have a frend whose husband worked at a shop and he would sneak my pieces onto the empty rack wires for free. shop closed because of crazy laws.

we should look for someone to give us a bulk items discount and send em all our crap.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:14 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

sure lets put one together.Im not spending 3-400 to have a couple strips redone

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a Chrome Replating shop in Orange County

Quick Reply: Looking for a Chrome Replating shop in Orange County