Southern California Southern California

where to dispose of a corvette "shell" after parting out?

Old 05-06-2019, 02:02 PM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default where to dispose of a corvette "shell" after parting out?

Hi all. I'm parting out my c4 and will be pulling off a lot of the aftermarket parts which will pretty much leave the shell (removing the brakes, dana 44, engine, trans, wheels). What's a good way to get rid of the car once it's at this point? I will probably have it on some furniture dollies to move it around the garage and onto a trailer. I'm guessing that most charitable organizations won't want it since it's not running and won't even have wheels on it. Any suggestions on organizations or companies that might be interested in taking this off my hands? A tax break would be nice but I just need it gone at some point. Who knows, maybe I'll even offer it up on the forum.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:59 PM
My Vette Life
CF Senior Member

Location: Originally from the Ghetto, Now in a upscale neighborhood
Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by qwiketz View Post
Hi all. I'm parting out my c4 and will be pulling off a lot of the aftermarket parts which will pretty much leave the shell (removing the brakes, dana 44, engine, trans, wheels). What's a good way to get rid of the car once it's at this point? I will probably have it on some furniture dollies to move it around the garage and onto a trailer. I'm guessing that most charitable organizations won't want it since it's not running and won't even have wheels on it. Any suggestions on organizations or companies that might be interested in taking this off my hands? A tax break would be nice but I just need it gone at some point. Who knows, maybe I'll even offer it up on the forum.
Try pick a part in sun valley
Old 05-17-2019, 09:50 PM
CaptainMerricka
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shawn was my corvette salvage yard contact for socal. Perhaps he would take it . 818-415-6969
Old 05-18-2019, 08:08 PM
toddalin
CF Senior Member

Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

Maybe...,

Someone in the "art" community would like the make a "Corvette couch" or hang a bumper as wall art. This is pretty common.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: where to dispose of a corvette "shell" after parting out?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: