Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 09:46 PM
glhglh
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Laguna Seca

What a great weekend! Thanks to Mike and Charles for putting together another corral, great food, Thanks to Ray for all his Hard Work on those Corvette Letters, Thanks to Karen for her engineering on the layout of the letters, and last but not least to Steve who I'm hoping had a great Birthday weekend! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
Old 09-07-2003, 10:56 PM
CALVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Laguna Seca (glhglh)

Fun times :yesnod: Pictures in a few days.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:59 AM
c5ragtop
Pro

I couldn't make it to the track this weekend but, did watch the race on television. What's up with Ferrari? :mad. Frankly, I think it's interesting that a V12 can even compete in this class but, the bottom line is that Corvette will have to up the displacement and HP to compete like they have done in the past.

Old 09-08-2003, 01:39 AM
4DCYKEY
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks to Mike and Charles for putting together another corral, great food, Thanks to Ray for all his Hard Work on those Corvette Letters, Thanks to Karen for her engineering on the layout of the letters, and last but not least to Steve who I'm hoping had a great Birthday weekend!
I second that emotion. C5Ragtop, I asked about you today. Hey Steve, I didn't know it was your birthday. Happy birthday!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 03:39 AM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Laguna Seca (4DCYKEY)

We had a great time as well - always good to see old friends and make new ones!

Sitting here in an empty Watsonville motel, headed home in the AM. Hit Zuniga's Mexican restaurant again tonight for old times' sake, and wondering if I'll ever get to sleep.... Had the Herb-special Chile Verde.... :lol:

Also a big thanks to everyone for making my "big six-o" birthday a special event, even if you didn't know about it! We enjoyed getting to know the glhglh (Gary and Gaye) combo better, & FUN TIMES as always with Ray, who engineered the "CORV ETTE" lettering system to the nth degree. But he did forgot to tie the drop-string on one of the letters, resulting in a moment of panic for all involved in this bit of chicanery, when an errant vowel fell into no-man's land outside the fence.

And a big thanks to Mike and Charles for helping to set this up, and to Janet and Mike for getting the Corvette folks to dinner in Salinas on Saturday!

It is too bad the 'vettes didn't fare better today, but let's face it - when you've been number one for as long as they have, it's gonna stick in someone's craw, and they're gonna come gunning for ya. Just like we went after the Vipers a couple of years back. Those Ferraris put on an awesome show - the sound they put out downshifting for turn 5 was incredible! (I don't for a minute believe that it's totally a "privateer" effort, but that team has put together a formidable challenge to GM. Time to up the ante - bring on the C6R!)

:cheers:
Old 09-08-2003, 10:11 AM
DAWS C5
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Laguna Seca (thevettenet CA)

Happy B-day Steve. I also had a great time and appreciate the efforts to insure we had a corral.
:seeya
Old 09-08-2003, 03:52 PM
ryan0
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Laguna Seca (DAWS C5)

:cheers:
Old 09-08-2003, 03:56 PM
ryan0
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Laguna Seca (c5ragtop)

What's up with Ferrari?
everyone did see this right?.. from the alms web site

GTS CLASS WINNER EXCLUDED FROM AMERICAN LE MANS RACE AT LAGUNA SECA; WIN AWARDED TO BRABHAM, MAGNUSSEN

Andy Hall, 9/7/03

MONTEREY, Calif. - The car that had apparently won the GTS class in Sunday's American Le Mans Series event at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca has been excluded from the race results due to a technical infraction, race officials announced Sunday night.

Officials of the International Motor Sports Association (IMSA), sanctioning body for the American Le Mans Series, excluded the Prodrive Ferrari 550 Maranello driven by Tomas Enge and Peter Kox after it failed to pass the "stall test" that was administered during post-race inspection.

With the exclusion, the GTS class win in the Fry's Sports Car Championships event was awarded to the other Prodrive Ferrari driven by Jan Magnussen and David Brabham, which had finished second in the event. Moving to second place was the Chevrolet Corvette C5-R driven by Ron Fellows and Johnny O' Connell.

The Prodrive team has filed an official protest of the exclusion with IMSA officials.

The stall test is designed to determine if the engine in a car is drawing air from an unapproved source. Technical officials block the normal air intake of the engine and the engine should then stall. If the engine does not stall, the car fails the test.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Jim91Vert
Drifting

What a great weekend! Thanks to Mike and Charles for putting together another corral, great food, Thanks to Ray for all his Hard Work on those Corvette Letters, Thanks to Karen for her engineering on the layout of the letters, and last but not least to Steve who I'm hoping had a great Birthday weekend! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
:iagree: Thanks Charles for getting and sending out the tickets and pass. I apologize for not introducing myself yesterday and thanking you in person. My son and I had a great time. :cheers:
Old 09-08-2003, 06:09 PM
CALVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Laguna Seca (ryan0)

The ProDrive was was putting down a lot more power then the other GTS cars and they have been known for having leaky air boxes.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:18 PM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 265 Posts

Thanks to everyone who came out and made it a great day! :hurray:

Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to anyone. I was the last car out of the corral. I got wrapped up in all of the excitement at Victory Circle for the "other" American Sports Car that won the Speed GT race.

I will try to get all of my pictures up in the next few days.

Old 09-08-2003, 10:05 PM
CALVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Laguna Seca (adamsocb)

Thanks to everyone who came out and made it a great day! :hurray:

Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to anyone. I was the last car out of the corral. I got wrapped up in all of the excitement at Victory Circle for the "other" American Sports Car that won the Speed GT race.
<snip>
I would of like to have seen Farmer win, but having Paul Mumford win after having dinner with us Corvette guys the night before was kind a nice.
BTW, Did you email Robin the Corvette sign picture?

Get notified of new replies

To Laguna Seca

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca